Melbourne Football

2012/13 T20 Big Bash

dRoy

Starts tonight!!!

Massive Melbourne Derby kicks off proceedings!

Stars vs Renegades. 7pm @ Etihad.

#theresonlyoneteaminmelbourne #melbourneisgreenandwhite etc etc

One new thing to come in this year is LED stumps... lol.

The stumps will literally light up tonight at the KFC T20 Big Bash League with a world-first innovation of LED stumps and bails that ignite when dislodged.

http://www.bigbash.com.au/

Anyone going?

Fuck no, horrible franchise, it's just not cricket at all, I don't mind watching the odd t20 international match, but this just crosses the line.

Names, colors, logo's are fucking hideous, and the only thing is/was just a plot to get back to the crowds from 5 years ago, as we all know Australian Cricket has declined since we lost the #1 ranking BUT because we're pressuring for it again, I don't see this competition lasting that much longer because if I'm honest, I thought this would really rival the A-League last year before it started, but after turning it on the TV a few times, the crowd's weren't great and a lot of people I've talked to about it, think it's a waste of money/time and just ruins the image of Cricket and I think the A-League won out last year if you compare the history of the Sport's in the country and it's culture, so I really don't expect it to improve this year.

• Like 3

20/20 in general sucks, Never been a fan, and never will.

Only good thing about last years comp was that Stuey McGill one of the Angriest Pissed Off Kents to have ever lived in Australia got involved and was taking the wickets of blokes half his age...

Besides that the whole thing was a snore fest.

• Like 1

20/20 in general sucks, Never been a fan, and never will.

Only good thing about last years comp was that Stuey McGill one of the Angriest Pissed Off Kents to have ever lived in Australia got involved and was taking the wickets of blokes half his age...

Besides that the whole thing was a snore fest.

Warney last year came back, lost weight was looking good physically, bowls average.

Macgill comes back with a beer gut and grey hairs, like a real man and took wickets. Still shows this form (20/20) is all just take the piss

Fuck no, horrible franchise, it's just not cricket at all, I don't mind watching the odd t20 international match, but this just crosses the line.

Names, colors, logo's are fucking hideous, and the only thing is/was just a plot to get back to the crowds from 5 years ago, as we all know Australian Cricket has declined since we lost the #1 ranking BUT because we're pressuring for it again, I don't see this competition lasting that much longer because if I'm honest, I thought this would really rival the A-League last year before it started, but after turning it on the TV a few times, the crowd's weren't great and a lot of people I've talked to about it, think it's a waste of money/time and just ruins the image of Cricket and I think the A-League won out last year if you compare the history of the Sport's in the country and it's culture, so I really don't expect it to improve this year.

It was hardly a failure. The league got a fairly decent response from the public considering the franchises were all new teams and this season seems to be carrying more momentum going into the opening game. The crowds were terrific as well, averaging 17k across the league.

I do not really like T20 cricket but it is good enough for a domestic league, and it fills the gaps through the summer. Test cricket will always be the best form of cricket.

I'm telling you, I love cricket but everytime I have been to a T20 game I have been bored outta my brain. Its a terrible product and the atmosphere is abhorrent.

The beach balls kept me entertained.

Would have preferred to have been at home or a pub watching it on TV.

I'm telling you, I love cricket but everytime I have been to a T20 game I have been bored outta my brain. Its a terrible product and the atmosphere is abhorrent.

Reminds me of a big never ending episode of Hey Hey...

As in bad comeback Hey Hey with all of Dazzler's really bad jokes.

Anyway won some money on the dogs, so chucked it on the renegades

Tesla gonna

Shane Warne really lost the Stars the game TBH, both his overs came at a time when the pressure was building on the renegades, and both time he completely removed the pressure and put them in control of the match. The 40-odd runs he gave away doesnt sufficiently highlight how costly he was. Plus the dropped catch. Not taking anything away from Finch though, great innings, was never interested in anything except boundaries from the get go.