Melbourne Football

Introduction Thread

Buddy Farah

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone my name is Jake, I have finally joined the forums, I stand with the Yarraside and attend pre/away games at the impy, I was in geelong for the first pre season game and will be going to more pre-season games. Can't wait for the season to start :P

Forza Melbourne, Melbourne Heart FC.

• Like 3

Hey everyone my name is Jake, I have finally joined the forums, I stand with the Yarraside and attend pre/away games at the impy, I was in geelong for the first pre season game and will be going to more pre-season games. Can't wait for the season to start :P

Soooooo, ahhhhhhh.. You like Goalkeeping?

If you are who I think you are, welcome lad.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. Im Liam, i have been a heart supporter since day 1. i really got into the games last year going to many of the home games standing behind the goals and cheering on the boys in red. cannot wait to get down to the derby next week. ill be sitting in aisle 19 chanting away the whole 90 mins. see ya all there

• Like 1

Hey guys I'm Harrison, been to a few games last year and decided it was time to get a membership in the active bay this year.

Looking foreword to the start of the season. Think it will be a good one.

You'll often see me throwing ideas into the chants forum as singing loud and proud for the lads is what I'm about.

See you round one!

Hey everyone, I had a few dozen posts on the yarraside forum a while back but thought it'd be a good time to recover my password and join in on the discussions here.

Have backed the heart since their entrance into the A-league but have been a rather passive supporter. Followed the VPL moreso but looking to get more involved with the Hearts.

Never been to an A-league match, but I'm looking to change that this week. I've been quite interested in a number of previous derby matches but usually miss out on tickets (AAMI stadium specifically). Hopefully I can make my way down to Etihad on Friday and experience it first-hand.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Strong username.

Very strong. :D What happened to your Macedonian Football thread you had on yarraside Tesla?...definitely good for a laugh.

Etihad is a shit stadium to see your first game in. I'd recommend going to the Wellington in Round 2 at AAMI Park instead tbh.

Yeh I don't even know why the derby is there to be honest. Perhaps greater revenue for the league. I'll still probably end up going but I'll consider your advice. It's a shit stadium overall, can't stand going there for AFL games either.

Very strong. :D What happened to your Macedonian Football thread you had on yarraside Tesla?...definitely good for a laugh.

I should bring it back by popular demand, your probably the 4th or 5th person to make inquiries into whether it will return at some stage.

• Like 1

Hey I'm Carl.

I'm 18, Lived in Ballarat for the last four years after being in South Australia (ex-reds fan) and have supported the Heart since day dot. I was there at the Victory v Kawasaki match where we first made our presence known...much to the dislike of a particular Kawasaki drummer. I've always followed the team and gone to the odd game but due to VCE, distance and general lack of funds I haven't been able to get to many games in the past two seasons. But moving to Monash Uni to do start my teaching degree this year I'm keen to get involved with the Yarraside this summer and finally feel apart of the club I've supported from afar for the last few years. I'm a Liverpool and Essendon fan, but working at the MCG selling pies ans sausage rolls all winter and putting up with more bogans than anyone should ever have to deal with has made me more anxious than ever for the season to start! I'm not the most talkative bloke out but I'll sing til we win the toilet seat!

• Like 4

I should bring it back by popular demand, your probably the 4th or 5th person to make inquiries into whether it will return at some stage.

Haha, yeh you should. It was classic.

Hey I'm Carl.

I'm 18, Lived in Ballarat for the last four years after being in South Australia (ex-reds fan) and have supported the Heart since day dot. I was there at the Victory v Kawasaki match where we first made our presence known...much to the dislike of a particular Kawasaki drummer. I've always followed the team and gone to the odd game but due to VCE, distance and general lack of funds I haven't been able to get to many games in the past two seasons. But moving to Monash Uni to do start my teaching degree this year I'm keen to get involved with the Yarraside this summer and finally feel apart of the club I've supported from afar for the last few years. I'm a Liverpool and Essendon fan, but working at the MCG selling pies ans sausage rolls all winter and putting up with more bogans than anyone should ever have to deal with has made me more anxious than ever for the season to start! I'm not the most talkative bloke out but I'll sing til we win the toilet seat!

Good to see a few other first year Monash students here. Speaking of AFL, I'm hoping the EPL and A-league take my mind off of the Grand Final loss I suffered as a Hawks supporter. Was a horrible feeling and I just wanted to get the hell out of the MCG. Hopefully Hearts and Villa (crap start) provide me with a little more joy. A win against Victory would be a good start. :)

Edited by MKD
  • Like 1

Good to see a few other first year Monash students here. Speaking of AFL, I'm hoping the EPL and A-league take my mind off of the Grand Final loss I suffered as a Hawks supporter. Was a horrible feeling and I just wanted to get the hell out of the MCG. Hopefully Hearts and Villa (crap start) provide me with a little more joy. A win against Victory would be a good start. :)

Haha, yeah Monash the place to be, stuck out in the middle of nowhere :S what do you study? Yeah bring on the derby, longest pre-season ever!!!

Haha, yeah Monash the place to be, stuck out in the middle of nowhere :S what do you study? Yeah bring on the derby, longest pre-season ever!!!

Tell me about it, takes me over an hour to get to Clayton by bus. I'm doing a double degree of Law/Finance. Exams in 4 weeks. :(

Hopefully I enjoy going to the derby, then I might start to gain more interest in the A-league.

Tell me about it, takes me over an hour to get to Clayton by bus. I'm doing a double degree of Law/Finance. Exams in 4 weeks. :(

Hopefully I enjoy going to the derby, then I might start to gain more interest in the A-league.

University of Melbourne-The Number One University in Australia

I'm studying Biomedicine then hopefully Doctor of Medicine afterwards. Fresh out of vce like you guys.

Edited by Damien