Melbourne Football

Introduction Thread

Buddy Farah

Hi lads, name is MOT.

Let me take you back a couple years. My grandson supports victory, and I hate him, so I thought this was the team for me. I've been coming to games ever since.

I watch the matches from behind the active area, and thought I would get on the forums.

your a legend!!!

Everyone my name is Andrew, but people call me Mayo...(long story has been stuck with me scince way back in high school days)

Im 23 and have been to all the home games since we were formed....

I can honestly say i live and breath Melbounre Heart..(and Collingwood lol) and i can not wait to share views and opinions with you all...

Cmon Heart!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm 29yo, a foundation member and attend/ed every home game apart from the stormy CCM game in our first season. It wasn't because of the weather though - I was in Sydney - otherwise I would've been there!

All teams I follow are red & white - Heart, Olympiacos, Swannies, Illawarra St George Dragons, Liverpool and Real Madrid (no red, but a lot of white)!

I've just posted my first reply in the forums since becoming a member here and I'm eagerly looking forward to Heart's fan forum next Thursday :-)

I just thought I take this opportunity to point out that the little website 'logo' on the browser tab looks more like the Victory "V" - can this be changed to Heart's logo or Melbourne Heart F.C. Supporters' logo?

Anyway...I just thought I introduce myself...ok bye bye now...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally need to introduce myself

I'm Dearne, supported Heart last year, loved it, Active Member for next season!!!!!

First got into them when I decided to take advantage of the "Sporting Capital" with my ex to go to the last Derby of 10/11, and just loved the game. Them others had no appeal, plus my old boss supported Heart so just kinda fell into.

Usually at Impy pre-match, easy enough to find me.

Agree completely. I've always been a huge follower and long time member of my AFL club, and followed the old NSL at times, but I've never felt so involved and passionate about following a club before Heart began. They have and will make mistakes at times, but I love what they've done so far.

And it's great to have some positivity. Last season ended with disappointment and we've only signed Redmayne so far. But I'm baffled by the doom and gloom around here at times.

One thing I'm confident about is Didulica's judgement on players. People go on about Maycon and Williams, but we picked up Fred, Mate, Good and Germano last year which were all great signings. A captain and three other starting 11 players out of six is a pretty good strike-rate in recruiting, especially without spending a lot. If we repeat that, we'll have a good squad and plenty to look forward to.

• Like 1

People go on about Maycon and Williams

No one could of seen that failure coming.

So as far as I'm concerned the only players we straight up got wrong last year were Roganovic and Maycon.

EDIT: But then again, we saw the risk in these players and they were the only ones signed to 1 year deals.

Edited by NoMorePineapple

No one could of seen that failure coming.

So as far as I'm concerned the only players we straight up got wrong last year were Roganovic and Maycon.

EDIT: But then again, we saw the risk in these players and they were the only ones signed to 1 year deals.

Well true, Williams was in demand and most were excited to get him at the time. (I certainly was.) Even with Maycon, he was only signed after more prefered options like Djite and Solorzano opted for other clubs.

Great post. I think being part of a new club starting out is great, especially in Melbourne it is the us versus them mentality, I love that.

Maycon was just a cover player anyway really, his CV wasn't very impressive, I wasn't expecting huge things from him anyway. Williams on the other hand....

I must of been the only one who never quite got the hype about Williams, 5 goals at Fury from essentially a one trick pony fast winger type who is technically awful

Anyhow i hope he can somehow improve to at least A-league level and repay us

We did have a bit of a chat to Williams at the best and fairest and he seemed pretty positive. He said he wanted to play a more 'free' role, and he'd play better that way. Maybe JVS restricted him too much. Something like that. And despite those pics on the other thread, he looked reasonably fit.

I thought I would use my first post on this forum to describe how much im looking forward to 2012/13.

LETS WIN THE TITLE IN 2012/13

GO HEART

Totally awesome post HeartAttack! And just by the way, eventually you'll find that you won't miss your AFL team much at all cos football goes 24/7.

Sorry to be a negative prick, but surely this doesn't warrant a thread? I mean, this could have gone in the introduction thread? Or are we all allowed to make threads in the MHFC section about who we support, who we've seen play and why we love Heart? Or isn't there threads for each of these things?

Perhaps you all should make a motivational supporters thread and ban bitters like me... I don't know.

• Like 1

Sorry to be a negative prick, but surely this doesn't warrant a thread? I mean, this could have gone in the introduction thread? Or are we all allowed to make threads in the MHFC section about who we support, who we've seen play and why we love Heart? Or isn't there threads for each of these things?

Perhaps you all should make a motivational supporters thread and ban bitters like me... I don't know.

Merged, don't know why it wasn't merged sooner. ;)

If the thread doesn't go anywhere, it will just die off naturally. A bit of overpolicing IMO, considering it moved on from the opening post and started a conversation about recruiting which doesn't really belong in the transfers thread. I think if people are happy to discuss and add to it, let it see how it goes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...