Melbourne Football

Introduction Thread

Buddy Farah

20 year old football tragic. Supported Leeds since Big Dooks was there & still do. Used to follow Melbourne Victory until about halfway through season 3, then just got sick of Muscat, wankers & being 50 metres from the touchline @ the soulless concrete slab. Started getting back into the A-League when Heart came in as I have family who are related to the Didulica's.

Don't care if I'm classified as a 'traitor' or 'plastic' by the mongs. I followed Knights until the NSL became defunct so fuck them. Like they were the first team to ever play football in this city.

• Like 2

hello there... names myki, have a gsoh like tattoos and punk rock and looking for a nice girl to take home to meet the family...

shit wrong site..

anyway... i'm probably the bloke here who knows the least about football compared to the rest of you. originally brought up on a stable diet of afl... due largely to dad taking my brother and i down to the western oval as kids i was never really into "soccer" as a kid. (as dad used to say "they only sing cause they're bored). however, mum's from the mother country and my pop was a tottenham fan and when my nan when back to england she brought back a kit and i started to pay closer attention to the round ball game. this culminated with a trip to white hart lane in my mid 20's to watch the boys do over man city in the last game of the league to qualify for the eufa cup. all i remember and loved from that game were the skills on display and the constant singing from the fans in the terrace and was hooked from then on. watched the premier league week in week out from then on and went to a few victory games as well.

when melbourne was poised to introduce another side into the a-league i knew i'd start off supporting them predominately just to spite my victory mates. i signed up as a foundation member and started going to the games by myself. i'm a pretty quiet guy most times but i just wanted to say that everyone's made me feel welcome and couldn't think of a better bunch of lads (and some ladettes) to hang out, drink, sing and have an awesome time with watching some quality football. you've probably all seen me at the games the chap with the hair... no not that dreadlocked red white hair... it's gone for now but i'm sure it'll return at some stage.

see you kents at the pub! come and say hi if i don't know ya!

• Like 2

Hey lads.

My name is Matt, I've met a number of you at games over the last two years. I blog for the official site once a week, and have appeared on the HeartCast twice now I think.

Used to post on the old YS forums before uni, work and other endeavours took a lot of time. Not sure how active I'll be on here but I'll be reading if nothing else.

If you want me to cover something in particular in a blog for MHFC, get in touch, I'm never short of ideas, but the idea is that it is representative of the fans, and considering people can't comment on them on the site, I'd appreciate the feedback on here.

Hey lads.

My name is Matt, I've met a number of you at games over the last two years. I blog for the official site once a week, and have appeared on the HeartCast twice now I think.

Used to post on the old YS forums before uni, work and other endeavours took a lot of time. Not sure how active I'll be on here but I'll be reading if nothing else.

If you want me to cover something in particular in a blog for MHFC, get in touch, I'm never short of ideas, but the idea is that it is representative of the fans, and considering people can't comment on them on the site, I'd appreciate the feedback on here.

I apologize in advance is this is totally long and blabbers on. I recently wrote an article on the idea of promotion/relegation within the A-league if another division was to be introduced to what we already have now. I'd love to read someone else's opinion piece on such a topic. Whilst there's a bit of forum chatter on the subject if you look around and some people have been quoted saying things there's nothing too solid. Topic would be uber interesting if you could add in your perspective on how/what this would mean for MHFC. Just a suggestion - I have the feeling you've had this idea before though...

I apologize in advance is this is totally long and blabbers on. I recently wrote an article on the idea of promotion/relegation within the A-league if another division was to be introduced to what we already have now. I'd love to read someone else's opinion piece on such a topic. Whilst there's a bit of forum chatter on the subject if you look around and some people have been quoted saying things there's nothing too solid. Topic would be uber interesting if you could add in your perspective on how/what this would mean for MHFC. Just a suggestion - I have the feeling you've had this idea before though...

It's an interesting idea, but it would be hard to tie into a piece suitable for the Melbourne Heart site. Maybe if I'm asked for an off-season blog or something. I'd be interested in reading your article on it though. It sounds like something that The Roar would like.

It's an interesting idea, but it would be hard to tie into a piece suitable for the Melbourne Heart site. Maybe if I'm asked for an off-season blog or something. I'd be interested in reading your article on it though. It sounds like something that The Roar would like.

Could I email you? It's just a student piece but the last time I posted something like that on a forum it was taken, had a few lines edited and chuck up on another website with a change of authors name :(

Bit late. but will introduce here anyway. Pete, was a Roar foundation member for about 5 years, moved to Melbourne (with no plans to ever go back to bne). Saw a couple of heart games last year, active support this year.

Just Can't get enough

Edit:fixed

Edited by Braveheart

Danepak here.

Wellington Phoenix supporter, but living in Melbourne.

I hate Victory with passion and although I don't support Heart, you've got my full support, when it comes to Victory v Heart.

Originally from Denmark, and after 8 years in London, 1 1/2 in NZ, I'm now in Melbourne (hopefully for good).

Passionate supporter of Charlton Athletic, OB Odense (my hometown back in Denmark), Wellington Phoenix and obviously the Danish national side.

In AFL it's Saints all the way and in the NRL there's no one but the NZ Warriors for me.

Welcome mate...

Others may criticise your Wellington support on a MH Forum, but I get your drift...

I was once a Geelong Supporter living in Fremantle and my hatred of the WCE saw me spend a lot time wishing Freo to out do them and discussing with Freo Supporters (Online/In RL) on how much I hated them.

Welcome mate...

Others may criticise your Wellington support on a MH Forum, but I get your drift...

I was once a Geelong Supporter living in Fremantle and my hatred of the WCE saw me spend a lot time wishing Freo to out do them and discussing with Freo Supporters (Online/In RL) on how much I hated them.

I personally don't see why it would be a problem to discuss with supporters from other clubs. Especially not if the opposing supporter is behaving, now that he's visiting your messageboard.

Both the Phoenix, Odense and Charlton messageboards have opposing supporters raising their opinion, which most of us like. Boring only to debate with your fellow supporters.

And once again, yes, the main reason why I'm attracted to this messageboard is that we both hate Victory and I kinda liked Heart from day 1.

Opposition supporters can contribute a lot to a a forum like this as long as they're not here to antagonise. They can sometimes be better contributors than most of the diehard fans. So welcome.

Thanks.

And I've noticed that the two threads I've started has had lots of replies.

I assume that ain't a bad start for me on this forum :)

• Like 1

Welcome mate.

Where abouts in Welly you from?

Share a few of the same teams as you.

I'm actually not from Welly. Not even NZ.

My wife is Kiwi thought and we lived there from 2007-2008, which is how I got into Phoenix (they were 'born' in 2007).

We lived on the South Island (Blenheim, Marlborough), but I flew over to Wellington for their first game (against Victory, finished 2-2).

I watch them every week, but sadly mostly only on telly.

I do watch them every time we're playing in Melbourne and I've also been lucky enough to catch them once on Suncorp.

But I envy you guys, who can go and watch your team every 2nd week at the stadium.

Which teams have we got in common?

Edited by danepak

I suppose you're an Aucklander?

I'm onehundredpercent behind the Warriors.

Every time we visit AKL (where my wife is from), I always check the fixture list before anything else. Same applies to Sydney visits.

I was there for both Melb games this year + the Grand Final.

Warriors and Saints fan...I thought I was the only one.

So if you're behind most NZ teams, how come not Phoenix?

hey guys, names john. Nailed down which team I support when victory and heart played two weeks in a row. Me and my mate said we'd support the team that won. We went to Heart 2-0 North Queensland and Victory 1-4 Adelaide. Choice was easy. Side not: Just came back from a heart training session (i study at latrobe uni) and got my shirt signed by most of the guys. Made my day.

Hello folks! Seems I'm one of the few females who's strayed into these parts. My name is Gabi and I love the Heart. I was at our first ever game last season and although various other commitments have kept me from attending more than a handful of matches since, I've followed our growth and exploits with great pride, and try to catch every game on tv if I can't be there in person.

I was never a Victory supporter. Wasn't much of a fan of the A-league until Heart came along. Arsenal were my first love in football and I follow them religiously so I could give anyone a decent debate about them if they were so inclined. Also a big cricket fan.

I was at the derby on Saturday though, how bloody good are our fans? Every match I go to I notice the support getting better and better. I tried to join in with as much of the chants as I could but sadly hardly anyone was singing around me and it was difficult as I didn't really know the words. That's the main reason I've signed up here, hoping to learn the chants properly so I can contribute to the atmosphere I love so much. Any starting pointers or tips would be great!

Cool, hopefully see some of you around on matchdays...