Melbourne Football

Introduction Thread

Buddy Farah

Hey guys and gals name is Mika.
Always been into the football but got the big bug around this time last year. Big Leeds United fan but relatively new in supporting the A-League.
Being Greek-Australian the family are all Victory so I threw myself behind Melbourne Heart and then when the takeover happened it was a small bonus  :D 

Looking forward to getting to the home games and hopefully making some mates to have a drink and a chant with!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Missed this thread when i signed up couple weeks ago but better late then never I guess.

Name is Luke Sicari, 17 years old, from Greenvale, VIC. Yes, I am a Man City fan, my uncle who was born and raised in Manchester, declared me to support them when he moved here in 06 or 07, can't quite remember, and I have been hooked onto the team since. In terms of A-League, I never followed it full-on but I have been a 'casual fan' of Heart and actually got a Heart jersey as a gift last year, which sadly, I am not growing out of. Since CFG took over, I have been hooked onto the team, something has clicked and I am just in love with Melbourne City (still refer to them as Heart sometimes, it's an adjustment for all!). I am a member in the active area, bay 18, second last row. May see me at times, I am always standing and chanting! Looking forward to discussing football with fellow MCFC fanatics.

In terms of other sports, my major sport is basketball. Die-hard NBA fan for countless years now and die-hard Cleveland Cavaliers fan (and no, I am not a bandwagon fan now that LBJ is home, been supporting them for years and have supported and love them during the last tough 4 seasons!.) I write for a Cavs blog, King James Gospel and have been writing about the Cavs for the past 3-2 years. Also a huge Browns (NFL), Indians (MLB) and Collingwood (AFL) fan!

• Like 1

Ladies & Gents, apologies for the belated introductory post. Have been a Heart fan from the get go courtesy of a deep seeded loathing of Muscat, a fondness of the red & white colours and a preference for attractive, possession based football. Renewed my membership this year although it pains me to watch the boys play in blue & white.

Have enjoyed the wit & wisdom of the forum so far, looking forward to the banter...

Ladies & Gents, apologies for the belated introductory post. Have been a Heart fan from the get go courtesy of a deep seeded loathing of Muscat, a fondness of the red & white colours and a preference for attractive, possession based football. Renewed my membership this year although it pains me to watch the boys play in blue & white.

Have enjoyed the wit & wisdom of the forum so far, looking forward to the banter...

Welcome. 

Chose a good username haha  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just joined. This is my first post. Played soccer as a junior for five years at amateur level but was hopeless at it.

My favourite league: Bundesliga

My favourite player: Lionel Messi

Welcome mate. Just a heads up. Because the off season is about to begin, people will start going (more) insane really soon. Be sure to hang about for some very entertaining posts

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

My favourite league: Ballarat Div 3

My favourite player: BT50

Broken down isn't it? Fully blown a gasket I heard! Aye, it is true.

It scored a goal and the ensuing confidence boost saw it reach never before seen speeds, only to break down under the newfound duress.

Vale BT50

• 4 months later...
FM on iPad isn't up to standard. If you're working on a viable alternative then it's an interesting hobby to have.

Oh, I see. Yes, I agree. To be honest, I was never into the PC version of FM either. It's easy to get overwhelmed with all the parameters they've got there. It's very hard to clearly see the effects of my tactical changes on the match because there are so many variables affecting the outcome. And it's not "online", i.e. it's very much single-player game.

My main goal is to make a game where every player first and foremost would feel as a part of a strong community. Imagine being welcomed into the game and supported by the community from the very start. Just like this forum :) You can check out some of my work-in-progress screenshots at http://matchup.fm if you are interested. It would be awesome to hear your feedback!

• 6 months later...

Hello motherfakers....

I am a Kiwi extradited to the UK many many years ago for failing to be sufficiently interested in rugby.

Followed Nottingham Forest FC since 1984 (still do), saw many Brian Clough triumphs...even lived 1km from the City Ground for a few years. In those days *sigh* we were Div1/Premier League contenders.

Tiring of crap climates, I moved to Melbourne just in time to climb on board with the new Heart. My son, raised to be a member of the Toon Army (NUFC), is now also here and he too is a City member.

I also like dogs, big-block 1960s Buick coupes, kickstart Harleys and long walks on the beach.   ;-)

I do not like Victory one little bit. They are my Derby County over here. 

See you in the forums.  I will be the one filling up with fuel more often than you......

Edited by CityWildcat

1 hour ago, CityWildcat said:

Hello motherfakers....

I am a Kiwi extradited to the UK many many years ago for failing to be sufficiently interested in rugby.

Followed Nottingham Forest FC since 1984 (still do), saw many Brian Clough triumphs...even lived 1km from the City Ground for a few years. In those days *sigh* we were Div1/Premier League contenders.

Tiring of crap climates, I moved to Melbourne just in time to climb on board with the new Heart. My son, raised to be a member of the Toon Army (NUFC), is now also here and a City member.

I also like dogs, big-block 1960s coupes, kickstart Harleys and long walks on the beach.   ;-)

I do not like Victory one little bit. They are my Derby County over here. 

See you in the forums.  I will be the one filling up with fuel more often than you......

Welcome to the forum mate. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Lads,

Scotsman living in Perth here. Been living in Australia for the past 7 years and only in the last year or two have I taken a real interest in the A-League. 

Watching Fornaroli last season was what really caught my attention, and since I've been a City armchair fan, tuning in most weeks. 

Celtic is my club, but it's nice to pay a bit of attention to the Aussie league and in particular Melbourne City.

Cheers. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Celt said:

Lads,

Scotsman living in Perth here. Been living in Australia for the past 7 years and only in the last year or two have I taken a real interest in the A-League. 

Watching Fornaroli last season was what really caught my attention, and since I've been a City armchair fan, tuning in most weeks. 

Celtic is my club, but it's nice to pay a bit of attention to the Aussie league and in particular Melbourne City.

Cheers. 

@cadete would be ur best mate 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, strider said:

@cadete would be ur best mate 

A fellow tim, good stuff! 

"When the ball hits the net and it's not Jorge Cadete - It's Di Canio,
When it sails through the air and it's not big Pierre - It's Di Canio,
When it goes like a bomb and it's not Andy Thom - It's Di Canio,
When he goes all the way and it's not Paul McStay - It's Di Canio,

When the ball is cut back and it's not Jackie Mac - It's Di Canio"

Cadete was a great striker. Him Di Canio and Pierre van Hoojidonk had a fantastic partnership in their short time together at the club. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 5:19 AM, Celt said:

A fellow tim, good stuff! 

"When the ball hits the net and it's not Jorge Cadete - It's Di Canio,
When it sails through the air and it's not big Pierre - It's Di Canio,
When it goes like a bomb and it's not Andy Thom - It's Di Canio,
When he goes all the way and it's not Paul McStay - It's Di Canio,

When the ball is cut back and it's not Jackie Mac - It's Di Canio"

Cadete was a great striker. Him Di Canio and Pierre van Hoojidonk had a fantastic partnership in their short time together at the club. 

They were some great players...

I had all of their posters on my wall as a kid, however that just illustrated why I was so upset so often those days when it came to Football... not one of them was a defender.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cadete said:

They were some great players...

I had all of their posters on my wall as a kid, however that just illustrated why I was so upset so often those days when it came to Football... not one of them was a defender.

We had some cracking forward thinking players back then. 

Guys like Larsson, Viduka, Lubo etc. Spoiled when you look back at it. 

24 minutes ago, Celt said:

We had some cracking forward thinking players back then. 

Guys like Larsson, Viduka, Lubo etc. Spoiled when you look back at it. 

Finally it all came together when O'Neil got his back three with the two Wing-Backs up and going behind these attacking players...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all been following closely and attending all home games since the beginning of city, was a casual heart/a league fan before that, always disliked victory/muscat/thompson. Big fan of our all conquering w league team also, the past two seasons have been super enjoyable.

Find this place a good source of info, particularly past players ect, and enjoy reading the different opinions and ideas.

Cheers

• Like 2

20 hours ago, luka74 said:

Hi all been following closely and attending all home games since the beginning of city, was a casual heart/a league fan before that, always disliked victory/muscat/thompson. Big fan of our all conquering w league team also, the past two seasons have been super enjoyable.

Find this place a good source of info, particularly past players ect, and enjoy reading the different opinions and ideas.

Cheers

Welcome aboard

• Like 1

• 6 years later...