Melbourne Football

Rnd 22: Perth Glory v Melbourne City - Sunday 8th March at 6pm

n i k o

Make no mistake, that game meant as much to Perth as it did to us. Given our away form, our recent history against them, our overall away form against them and our well documented tendency to shit ourselves in these games, they undoubtedly would have had this game chalked down as a win and their chance to get second spot and all its trappings.

So fuck you , you purple fucksticks. Couldn't be more happier and proud of us.

5 minutes ago, neio said:

So does Luna unfortunately 

Yeah, and he's a big loss - his defensive work is mad!

But against a misfiring WSW at home, we should be able to cover him with Genreau and Metcalfe ready to take his spot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, rass said:

So fuck you , you purple fucksticks. Couldn't be more happier and proud of us. 

This is line of the week!! 😂🤣

1 hour ago, rass said:

You can only win mate and two games ago we were level on points with both of them.

I am not trying to discredit our win, just stating what the situation is if they were to both win that game in hand. 

The ball is back in our court which is exactly where we want to be this time of the season! Huge statement win today, now to not blow it next week!! 

Not sure if it’s been brought up yet but huge honourable mention to Craig Noone for that clearance off the line. Had we conceded first against a very good Perth team, away from home, I would be willing to bet we would have lost that game.

Up the City Boys

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, IssySG said:

Not sure if it’s been brought up yet but huge honourable mention to Craig Noone for that clearance off the line. Had we conceded first against a very good Perth team, away from home, I would be willing to bet we would have lost that game.

Up the City Boys

My opinion is noone cops a bit of a rough time on here, yes he hasn’t been the superstar we’d hoped after lighting up preseason but he has been a 6/10 player week in week out. 
Has been smart with the ball and seems to always be positioned in a good spot 

also gave Elrich a bath so much that he was subbed at halftime 

Edited by Missing_Moy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Missing_Moy said:

My opinion is noone cops a bit of a rough time on here, yes he hasn’t been the superstar we’d hoped after lighting up preseason but he has been a 6/10 player week in week out. 
Has been smart with the ball and seems to always be positioned in a good spot 

also gave Elrich a bath so much that he was subbed at halftime 

Agree, I'd hoped for more after his stellar pre-season, I think that's why we have all been disappointed. I'm keen to see what he's like next season, as with Susaeta

Very late to the party but unbelievable proud of the team, up there with one of the greatest club wins Ive seen (yes I know it is a bit of hyperbole from me but from an earlier post in this thread you will see my previous opinion about our chances of winning!) . Go you good things.