Melbourne Football

Rnd 22: Perth Glory v Melbourne City - Sunday 8th March at 6pm

n i k o

Tough win. Worrying that we were so defensive in the second half after a really clinical first half. Not sure if that was the instruction or whether we were being reactive but it’s a concern because we are unable to close out games comfortably. 

Strange subs too. Delbridge was ordinary, so was Wales.

Glover was special. His finest game for us. One of those saves was incredible.

I dedicate this win to Andy Harper. His bias against us was on show in that second half. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Fair call. Heroic today. 

I just love seeing a keeper putting an effort in, he shown tonight that finger tips matter.

5 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Thought he gave us an outlet and chased down long balls well 

Those mishit passes from Delbridge you mean.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dezy94 said:

Put that goalkeeping effort from Tommy Glover in a time capsule for the achievements of men. Boys looked absolutely cooked in the last 15 minutes

6 points clear in second now. 

6 points clear temporarily ahead of Perth, however if they win their game in hand they will only be 3 points behind. Wellington only 3 points behind too and  if they win their game in hand they'll be equal second but ahead on goal difference!! 

8 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I dedicate this win to Andy Harper. His bias against us was on show in that second half. 

Lol you beat me to it. His bias was disgusting, what a fkn prick. His voice actually broke a couple of times he got so excited. Simon Hill disagreeing with him on that dagostino challenge wiped the jizz off his face.

2nd vote to Kurt Ames and his home crowd shit himself refereeing. Deserved a kick to the head for allowing them to take that foul 6.30 mins into stoppage time.

But the win was awesome, under so much pressure, just brilliant. Well done us.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, n i k o said:

We played in heat, away to Perth, with injuries, in a 6 pointer. 

Massive win. Massive. 

^^^^^^ This.

I hope everyone appreciates how massive this win is because this is a win that can mold, fortify and unite the players and supporters. 

Absolutely MASSIVE.

5 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

6 points clear temporarily ahead of Perth, however if they win their game in hand they will only be 3 points behind. Wellington only 3 points behind too and  if they win their game in hand they'll be equal second but ahead on goal difference!! 

You can only win mate and two games ago we were level on points with both of them.

• Like 1

To put that game into context firstly, we won, we won away, and we won in Perth in what was a 6 pointer. Great effort

Positives:

clinical first half, took our chances, had some luck, but held Perth out well

good to see Susaeta score, and from a far post run, something we rarely do.

we’d lost second place to Nix, we were playing Perth, we conceded two goals, we could barely clear the bos for most of the half our put two passes together, but we held firm

Negatives:

second half was poor, we sat too deep, but the main problem was our poor ball retention, we had very few second half completed passes and just invited pressure with repeated turnovers. This is the next step forwards for us. 
key injuries and suspensions but it test our depth. Probably a good thing going into the finals

service to Maclaren is still poor, hopefully Genreu will start and this will improve.
Glover kept us in the game, it’s good that he did, bad that he had to.

next week will be the big test, that’s usually the game where we start off the pace and reactive. That will also be a big test. Certainly, we are showing more backbone under Le Patron than we did under Wazza. 2 wasted seasons. What’s with Mombaerts’ gloves?

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

We need to destroy WSW at home. Our first half shows we can beat big sides, WSW isn't a big side BUT we need to play with all the heart we did tonight. We can't become all complacent like we usually do. We should win every game from now if we mean business because we fucking can. Tonight brought back some memories from a few seasons ago. Cmon City

13 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER!! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER!!! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER!! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER!!! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER!! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER!!! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER!! FUCK YOU ANDY HARPER!!!

I’ve noticed he really dislikes our club, to extend that he’s being extremely unreasonable.

• Like 1

Convinced that was our best win as Melbourne City, given all the circumstances that come into play.

First half was clinical and the second half - well, it was a sheer miracle that we managed to hang on against a Perth at home who were as brilliant as I've seen from an A-League team this season. 

A debut Grand Final berth is now completely ours to lose.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rass said:

Lol you beat me to it. His bias was disgusting, what a fkn prick. His voice actually broke a couple of times he got so excited. Simon Hill disagreeing with him on that dagostino challenge wiped the jizz off his face.

2nd vote to Kurt Ames and his home crowd shit himself refereeing. Deserved a kick to the head for allowing them to take that foul 6.30 mins into stoppage time.

But the win was awesome, under so much pressure, just brilliant. Well done us.

🏆

Harper is the most bias and idiotic commentator I have listened to.

Nearly as bias and idiotic as the refs...... which is hard to believe I know.

Against all odds we managed a win against a team I am really starting to despise Perth, Castro is a knob, Kilkenny is a whinging baby and Bruno is not far behind.

Also I have no doubt that if Delbo did to their keeper what Di Augustino did to Glover he would have been sent off.

Pumped. COME ON CITY!!!

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Harper is a scum fucker, couldn't hide his glee for Perth coming back. I'd say the cunt deserves to be horse whipped if I didn't know he'd probably enjoy it. 

It was an even better result for the fact that he was commentating

Simon Hill is a sports journalist and couldn’t even be sure of the identity of even one French cyclist. LOL

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1