Melbourne Football

NFL

True Until I die

• 10 months later...

Any NFL fans left here?

Dallas raped it today. Landing Gregory at 60 will go down as one of the greatest steals of draft history.

Was waiting to draft a RB. Jay Ajayi is still available but I'm not sure if he'd still be available by the time our 4th round pick later on.

Dallas have done pretty bloody well. One team that impressed me was Tampa Bay. Recruited well in getting both Smith and Marpet at guard. Strengthening their offesive line to protect Winston was a bit of a no-brainer, but they did a really good job of it as I really rate both Smith and Marpet. Maybe they'll start actually winning games now

Edited by GreenSeater

• 4 months later...

Props to him and I hope he does well because I took him with the last pick of my draft. Any other Fantasy Footballers on here?

Yeah, got two leagues going on. Did both drafts last weekend. Can't wait. Don't think you needed to draft Hayne. Pretty sure you could've picked him up as a free agent but last pick isn't worth much anyway.

Anyone can hate the Patriots though. 

Pack of cheats. Not only does shady brady deflate balls, apparently the Steelers headsets stopped working conveniently enough!

We're missing Bell and our defense is gonna be terrible this year, especially now we don't have Polamalu.

But yeah, fuck the Patriots. Oh and the Ravens. Fuck them too!

Giants handed it to them by not running on 3rd and goal. Gave them enough time to waltz down the field and take it. At the very least when he realised that he had nothing to go to Manning should have taken the sack rather than just throw it away. Terrible decision making.

How 'bout them Cowboys ;)

Such an amazing game winning drive!

• 2 weeks later...

After 30 years of not watching the NFL our boy Jarryd has got me interested again. Still a lot I don't understand though.

question of the day - how come if a throw goes astray some times you can pick it up (defence) but most of the time it's incomplete.

ps a nominal Packers supporter

Depends if it is considered a fumble or just an incomplete pass. If someone fails to complete a catch and the ball hits the ground, the pass is "incomplete" and the play is finished. If they fail to complete a pass and the opposition catches it before it hits the ground, that is considered an "interception". But if someone catches the pass but fumbles the ball (due to being tackled) before grounding a knee or going out of play, then the opposition can "recover" the ball. 

As far as today's game is concerned, i haven't seen any of it, and i don't think i want to. But from what i have read, we desperately need a new kicker. There is no reason we should have given up a lead like that, especially to the ravens. :droy:

Edited by Pete Heartspur

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Quite possibly the best game I have ever seen. Absolutely incredible

Was only able to watch from the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. Jaw dropped after Rodgers' TD pass at the end. Just when you thought the one against Detroit was unbelievable, he pulled that out. But I'm happy Arizona got the win.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

How are you able to manage two different teams at the same time? The pressure in our league is so intense I can barely deal with one team

I did 3 last year actually but it felt a bit repetitive so I think 2 is perfect. 1 is a public league while the other is a bit smaller with just a few mates so it's alright.