Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

It's very simple MV employs Ange Postecoglou and the team within a small space of time shows how quickly a REAL coach influences the players he has at his disposal. Isn't that what a coach is meant to do?

Instead we have a bloke who makes sure every hair is in place and spends more time trying on suits instead of learning how to coach!

Also, enough with the excuses, Wellington had a whole team away with NZ and still came to Melb and gave us a go, if it's not that it's the weather!

Get rid of him!

geez

From the get go it's felt like the club, board, players and most of the supporters are content

You're kidding right? Why are there so many Sack Threads and negativity towards the team and the results they produce if we were 'content' with mediocrity? I

with mediocrity both on and off the pitch.

Off the pitch, what do you mean? Are you implying Yarraside is shit. If you are, get fucked.

For the most part no one really seemed bothered by the mediocre results of JVS' first two seasons. Excuses were constantly made like "We're a new club and need time to settle", "He's building a football club, the results will come",

Those are pretty legitimate excuses for our first season (which wasn't a mediocre season, it was shit) and to a lesser extent our 2nd (we finished 6th and played finals, which in our 2nd year is not really mediocre is it?)

"We've got too many out" etc. And now you're spewing out the same for JA. "Give him time".

Lets sack our 35 year old manager after 9 games because some fuckwits on MHFCSupporters.com said so. Good one champ.

Off the field the board has seemed fine with living in the Victory's shadow. Not wanting to go after marquees for the first 2.3 years and just waiting for the crowds to show up.

This post just shows how ignorant you are to the aims and objectives of MHFC. They've got other ways of engaging with potential fanbases, which unlike marquees are long term projects and something we probably won't see the full results of for another few years yet.

"ThCountless excuses have been made like "We don't have the money for proper marketing"The crowds will come when we start winning". There are plenty of quotes from Munn along these lines as well.

Please find me these quotes. As I'm fairly sure Munn has never said any of either things.

Saying things like he's happy for Victory to have all the media attention.

Refer to our point of having other ways of engaging with fans. The club probably wants to avoid becoming and media circus and a national joke like MVFC.

There just seems to be this overwhelming feeling from the club that they're content with themselves and I'm sick of it.

The only overwhelming thing here is the amount of dicks you suck.

We need some ruthlessness

Mate, I'm fucking ruthless. If you keep talking shit maybe one day you'll find that out.

But seriously: Patrick Gerhardt is ruthless, and he is a liability, and with Colosimo - he is the reason we aren't winning games. Sure you want more ruthlessness?

I want a club that not only expects greatness but demands it. A club that's willing to go out and be successful, not just cost cut and expect good crowds and results to land in it's lap.

Alright mate. You sound like a Victory fan right now. More than a few retarded notions in here that I won't even address

it's about time this club and it's supporters grew some balls and does something about our overall shitnes

Are you referring to Yarraside again? And I'm sure the club understands the position they are in and have faith in Aloisi to lead us out of it. No one could have said this wouldn't happen having an absolute amateur for a manager - but I'm willing to give Aloisi the rest of the year to improve things.

:hmm::rolleyes:

Edited by marteaux
  • Like 2

It's very simple MV employs Ange Postecoglou and the team within a small space of time shows how quickly a REAL coach influences the players he has at his disposal. Isn't that what a coach is meant to do?

Instead we have a bloke who makes sure every hair is in place and spends more time trying on suits instead of learning how to coach!

Also, enough with the excuses, Wellington had a whole team away with NZ and still came to Melb and gave us a go, if it's not that it's the weather!

Get rid of him!

That shits me. Like i said his masquarading as a coach, Guardiola try hard nothing more at the moment i'm afraid. He should be coaching the youth still, just not ready for the top gig, simple as really. i'd say his appointment was as a result of two things, cheap option and publicity.

The only excuse he does have on his side, is the fact we haven't had a full squad all season i believe? So yes, some consideration goes there, but really he could be handling the situation better and doing something with the players he does have to work with. Instead he keeps dishing out excuse after excuse. Only the game against Adelaide i think he critisized the team, half hearted at that.

He should be given the season, there is no point now unless a proper replacement can be lined up, depends what we want to make of this season really.

Edited by United

One thing that really got on my nerves yesterday.

It was a match we probably should have won. We are in a terrible path of form.

After the match Aloisi is on the pitch back slapping and laughing with Cullina. Do it when you side resembles a half decent unit John, until then get the fuck off the pitch and get your team's shit together.

The skill from both side was embarrassing yesterday.

Edited by rizzo

After the match Aloisi is on the pitch back slapping and laughing with Grella. Do it when you side resembles a half decent unit John, until then get the fuck off the pitch and get your team's shit together.

That's because no one gives a fuck at our club. Even blind Freddy can see it.

After the match Aloisi is on the pitch back slapping and laughing with Grella. Do it when you side resembles a half decent unit John, until then get the fuck off the pitch and get your team's shit together.

Culina?

Not liking the negativity and excuses from JA but I think each week, for the most part, there are subtle improvements to elements of the game plan. Two noticeable things I picked up on yesterday were low crosses, which if as a team we can implement at good speed will result in goals, and long low fast passes from defence, mainly by PG towards the end of the game, to the no 10 position, which was very effective in getting the ball into dangerous areas quickly.

The main issue for Ja is SC (please play DV!)and not having a true DM

• Like 1

Three year contract. No relegation. 10 year A-League license.

Fucks given about this situation? Zero.

This.

The employees of our club simply do not give a flying. They get paid to just be content.

There are no difference makers at our club. None. We have not one person who is willing to drag this club by the fucking neck into I chartered territory.

We the fans, the constant in this great club are being the ones affected in all this, while the club is going to be run into the ground by guys only it it for the job.

• Like 1

Drastic measures need to be taken. This week against perth i am inviting 10+ mates to come with me into yarraside.

We will sit the entire game, not making a fucking noice, than maybe scot munn and the rest of the fuckwits who run this club

will understand that this man has lost the players, and now hes lost the fans. Pleases everyone in yarraside join in

• Like 1

Drastic measures need to be taken. This week against perth i am inviting 10+ mates to come with me into yarraside.

We will sit the entire game, not making a fucking noice, than maybe scot munn and the rest of the fuckwits who run this club

will understand that this man has lost the players, and now hes lost the fans. Pleases everyone in yarraside join in

Kill yourself

• Like 2

Not liking the negativity and excuses from JA but I think each week, for the most part, there are subtle improvements to elements of the game plan. Two noticeable things I picked up on yesterday were low crosses, which if as a team we can implement at good speed will result in goals, and long low fast passes from defence, mainly by PG towards the end of the game, to the no 10 position, which was very effective in getting the ball into dangerous areas quickly.

The main issue for Ja is SC (please play DV!)and not having a true DM

If you watch his post-game presser he's clearly feeling the pressure of being the coach of an under-performing team. I think that what he has said publicly after games may be different from what he has said privately to the players, the problem he has is that the injury list makes the risk of destabilising the team greater through personel changes as at least 5 of his first choice players are unavailable. Unlike Rado, he hasn't publicly blamed the players, a coach has to know when that is helpful and when it would be unhelpful. I don't think that ATM we have the players to play a passing game and control matches apart from brief periods. When we have we lack the creativity and accuracy in the final third so our best option is to play counter-attack.

Things will improve if/when we have a fit Garcia, Grella, Germano. An in-form Grella has fantastic ball distribution and is a great reader of the game. He will in large part make up for Fred's poor form (in particular his poor ball distribution) ATM. Garcia,Tadic and even DMac will only benefit from Grella's inclusion. I agree that SC is the problem, not just his Mr Bean moments but his ball distribution has always been poor. The problem is that unless Steven Gray is going to get any game time, we'd need a CB pairing of Colosimo/Vrankovic in order to move PG into a holding midfield role. That problem again is likely solved when/if Grella is fit. If we miss out on Beckham then we need to target a quality organising CB who is able to play the ball out of defence. I don't think that there's anything to be gained by attacking the coach, I think that he has a clear idea of how he wants the team to play, the positive side of it is that the team will be more flexible than it was under JVS, he just doesn't have the personel available to execute it properly. He's caught between a rock and a hard place as we are committed to a particular playing philosophy but don't have enough fit and available players to execute it effectively.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 3

...i'm not lost?

kingofhearts:

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT ACHIEVE?!!! There are better ways to show your opinion, and this is just a stupid, childish way to show.

Stop having a temper tanty and do something constructive.

Perhaps re-locating for the second half to the northern end would make a point (if there is one to be made).

During the game nothing but 100 % support and dedication from the fans (i like how everyone bags the performance of the team but us as supporters have been shit this season compared to last, we as suporters need to lift the players). Then after the game if they play shit we need to let them know.

• Like 4

kingofhearts:

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT ACHIEVE?!!! There are better ways to show your opinion, and this is just a stupid, childish way to show.

Stop having a temper tanty and do something constructive.

I love this club. All i have ever wanted for this club to do is to succeed.

I go to every home game, chant my ass of all day and night and will do most likely till the day i die, due to the fact this club has a great culture as well as amazing people. I feel very lucky to be able to share my passion about this club with such great people in yarraside as well as people on this message board who are as passionate if not more passionate than myself.

All i ask in return is that we put out our best starting 11 regardless of age or experience. It would not worry me one bit if we were in the position we are in now, due to the fact we we're running a team of kids, or the team is not clicking yet i have no problem with that and even if the team was on the bottom of the ladder as long as we could see the structure and the players coming though i would support the team regardless.

What i cannot tolerate is a coach who is oblivious to some players who are clearly not up to scratch, and the fact he keeps persiting with these players. Why does he continue to do nothing about it? We have always had good youth, why not play them? Better yet, why not go out and sign another player? we have two visa spots left don't we? He shows no direction and NEVER takes any blame for the losses. The guy comes up with more excuses than Bill Clinton FFS

I would do anything for this club to succeed. If that means sitting in yarraside fine, i'll do it. A lot of people come on here and bitch and whine about heart but what would you do for heart to be successful? Bitching and whining gets us no where, is shit doesn't happen soon, the entire club may be fucked Surely if heart managers could see that they lost yarraside that would send them a messsage. The most passionate supporter base in the country has stopped sporting there team. Surely changes would follow?

Edited by kingofhearts

Yes, I know we're playing some pretty crappy football, and yes, JA is inexperienced and learning the job, but give the guy a bit of a break.

Squad of 21.

Grella not yet fit.

Germano seemingly out for ever (questions need to be answered here).

Dugandzic out 8-12 weeks.

Now Garuccio out at least for the short term.

Garcia, Marrone and Behich on international duty.

Leaving 14 to choose from. Meaning we're down to the second-tier players in many positions. Hence we're calling on the NYL boys Walker and Mitchinson.

JA was not wholly responsible for all the signings, nor does he alone make policy decisions at the club. You honestly cannot expect him to throw a whole lot of inexperienced 16- and 17-year-olds into the A-League fray. it's not good for them physically for starters. JA is not the sort of bloke to be irresponsible like that.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

Yes, I know we're playing some pretty crappy football, and yes, JA is inexperienced and learning the job, but give the guy a bit of a break.

Squad of 21.

Grella not yet fit.

Germano seemingly out for ever (questions need to be answered here).

Dugandzic out 8-12 weeks.

Now Garuccio out at least for the short term.

Garcia, Marrone and Behich on international duty.

Leaving 14 to choose from. Meaning we're down to the second-tier players in many positions. Hence we're calling on the NYL boys Walker and Mitchinson.

JA was not wholly responsible for all the signings, nor does he alone make policy decisions at the club. You honestly cannot expect him to throw a whole lot of inexperienced 16- and 17-year-olds into the A-League fray. it's not good for them physically for starters. JA is not the sort of bloke to be irresponsible like that.

Nothing wrong with playing young kids, many 16 year olds are played in tougher leagues than the A-League.

We will sit the entire game, not making a fucking noice

I would do anything for this club to succeed. If that means sitting in yarraside fine, i'll do it.

You don't honestly believe that you and 10 of your mates sitting down in the terrace will make a difference to the success of the club do you?

• Like 1

JA is really feeling the heat at the moment. Rather than turn on him we should give him time to get things right and turn around our team's fortunes.

To show him that he has our backing (for now at least) how about something that I can't recall being done by another aleague club...a minute of standing applause, at the 27 minute mark of the Perth game, based on the number of goals he has scored for the Socceroos. Surely this would have a better result than silence and may even give the boys on the pitch a lift...

I really dont understand the hate for hoffman, da fuq are people on about. Hs nothing worse than fred or thompson for gods sake. Ideally gerhardt would be in dmf, but given our squad at the moment, its the best we have. Id play kalmar in freds role, bar few sparks here and there fred is just past it and would probably be best used coming off the bench, his just so slow and weak, either not match fit or just broken,

Kalmar has neat turns and can see a pass, his compusre and age are useful when comparing with a 30+ year old. When our first team players return, i expect formation to take on a much more familiar look but hoffman will most likely be included in that line up so people need to get a grip. Even the comentators praise hoffmans game. Im not saying his brilliant or anything but given our midfield, we could do with worse.

• Like 1

Hoffman anchors our midfield. He's there to do a job defensively, slow down and break up the play to allow others to get back and he does it.

Thompson ridiculously slow decision making and then loses the ball time and time again.

Fred works hard, does alright, terrible finisher.

Kalmar probably the most technical out of our midfielders, good awareness and can pass.

• Like 1

I really dont understand the hate for hoffman, da fuq are people on about. Hs nothing worse than fred or thompson for gods sake. Ideally gerhardt would be in dmf, but given our squad at the moment, its the best we have. Id play kalmar in freds role, bar few sparks here and there fred is just past it and would probably be best used coming off the bench, his just so slow and weak, either not match fit or just broken,

Kalmar has neat turns and can see a pass, his compusre and age are useful when comparing with a 30+ year old. When our first team players return, i expect formation to take on a much more familiar look but hoffman will most likely be included in that line up so people need to get a grip. Even the comentators praise hoffmans game. Im not saying his brilliant or anything but given our midfield, we could do with worse.

Agree, one of the best things that JA has done is take him away from the goals and put him in midfield. He does some good things there but needs to work on his tackling that can be rather crude at times, still he loks like he's found himself a position that he can grow into, just leep him away from the goal!

Yep Hoffman is treated unfairly by fans who have made up their minds and aren't actually watching him anymore. Next week I'd go with...

Bolton

Marrone-Gerhardt-Colosimo-Behich

Hoffman

Fred-Garcia

Kalmar-Tadic-Williams

Bench- Redmayne, Merbarthu, Thompson, Mitchinson

Nothing against Vrannakovic or Macallister, just feel our normal bench members do not provide versatility need in 3 outfield bench.

Macallister doesn't suit Tadic, especially with Williams there. We can either leave Tadic or shift Williams or possibly Garcia in central role. Do not like having a bench member who really should only come on for one player.

Also don't like having a pure CB there. I actually would prefer Vrannakovic over Colosimo but we know it won't happen, especially after 2 clean sheets. CBs don't need a rest and only need a change if injured/red carded. Mitchinson, Thompson or Marrone can go there if that happens while all offering something else.

"A win will cover 1000 sins"

Still not convinced, with him, a lot of amature mistakes.

The issue is this club openly excepts mediocrity, constantly sugar-coating and making excuses.

Not good enough, look to the stands and ask yourselves, why?

I agree with this. If we strive to be the best, we shouldn't accept anything less.

I spent the afternoon with a mate in the opposite end of the Yarraside. For a different perspective.

Now firstly the game. Very poor first half, lack of movement and system. I really didn't understand what we were trying to achieve. The positives though we took the contest to them and the young kids stood up. Mitchinson impresses me. The second half was better as the intensity lifted from us. We attacked more and moved more. We deserved the goal in the end, but I wasn't at all pleased with the performance. Genuinely fail to see what system is being employed here and we have an aging player list that lack mobility and the game is passing them by. Thompson, Colossimo and Fred are seriously past it in my opinion. Simple passes and decision making were a miss. Great to see Golgol score, we need pace and creativity in the front third and the best decision JA made was taking Fred off the field.

The other motive for sitting on the other side of AAMI was to get a different perspective of the crowd and atmosphere and see what can be done. I have to say, the club is failing. Match day atmosphere is subpar and if I am honest the worst in all sports. This is not the Yarraside who are the heart of our fan base and give 1000% but are doing the best with a club lacking ambition and creativity. This club refuses to be different and attract new people to games. It's the same dour message and it's embarrassing. Listening to SEN on the way to a mates house and they were all over the poor crowd, coming home tonight they were still discussing it and saying we should relocate to Geelong.

I am sorry to say, but the club is in serious trouble. The brand of football is mundane and the clubs ambition stinks. Happy to be the other team in Melbourne, in a city that wants ambition and leaders. Our club have none of this. Anyone defending the club really need to open their eyes.

The club just don't understand this. Kudos again to the Yarraside, sung your heart out although the numbers were very poor and the other side of the stadium is embarrassing as you can't hear anything and is so, so quiet. Feels like a reserve game at State League level.

• Like 2