Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

I THINK, I remember the club mentioning the interview stages with Ante and JA and they said JA presented a great presentation. It would be interesting to know what they were looking for in a manager etc. We all have our ideas why he got the job, but it would be interesting to had been a fly on the wall during their meetings in choosing

To have a guy like ante with experience and JA with nothing, yet they felt he was the best option. Not saying Ante would have been awesome, but you look at the two records on paper you would think it would be a no brainer.

Don't over-analyse it. The Board didn't. JA got the nod because he would give us "media exposure", in a town where Victree the biggest club in the land is competing with us. JA is the guy who the mainstream know "kicked that penalty". Plus he had the better hair and nicer suit. . And really what football experience do the Board have? It really was that simple.

Oh yeah, and the fact that the Board made Aliosi and Milicic conduct a "presentation" to pitch for the job confirms just how fucking clueless they are. This isn't some sort of corporate wank job that can be applied for with a Powerpoint show. A Board that is competent does its own research and then approaches the best man for the job.

• Like 1

I'm very disappointed with what has been happening with John Aloisi. The way it is at present we play with real passion only three times a year. And it seems John Aloisi is prepared to put up with that. Why haven't some of the underperforming senior players been dropped? Franz Straka is an experienced Manager. I reckon he would certainly get our players playing with passion, week in week out, like he did with North Queensland Fury, not just in Melbourne Derbies.

IMO the club will stick by JA, providing he learns from his mistakes. Heart wants to persist with its promote / develop from within policy, even for its coaches. Here is the catch 22 - developing a young player of potential may cost you a few points but developing a manager may cost you a few seasons...

I would hate for JA to come good at considerable expense to the club, only to be snapped up by say the Visitors (when Ang gets his gig overseas), or SFC...there is no cap on the manager's salary.

JA has the potential to be a great manager, I just hope Heart is the club to benefit. Time will tell.

Miron is a true character and never minces his words. Have a soft spot for him.

Miron has a soft spot for us too. Always has positive things to say about us on camera and when I met him last year he was very complimentary of the fact that another team in Melbourne was taking the gloss rather than the Visitors.

Sign him up. The guy can coach, adds marketability in the media and has gonads to make the hard calls. Should have been the front runner last season.

The club won't fire Aloisi though, they will give him time to get it right. So in saying that, nothing other thing to do but support him.