Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Yes be critical and we are all frustrated with ongoing problems but at the end of the day let's support the club and the boys.

Shit attitude, 'supporters' like you who accept mediocrity are a curse on our club. Aloisi getting sacked will be for the best of the club, and a true supporter would want that.

• Like 1

:droy:

I want some stability to the club, because I am a true supporter and want the club to survive rather than to look like a joke and be unable to attract new fans, which is how Victory looked last season

That means i don't want him sacked after only 10 games.

Edited by Che
  • Like 2

Shit attitude, 'supporters' like you who accept mediocrity are a curse on our club. Aloisi getting sacked will be for the best of the club, and a true supporter would want that.

I disagree Tesla. I think that he will be a good coach for the club, wait until we have a full list to choose from before you judge him. He's made mistakes and will make more, that makes him the same as every other coach. We should be looking to see how quickly he learns from them. He's in a bit of a bind because it's pretty hard to drop under-performing players when the list is so thin.

• Like 3

I disagree Tesla. I think that he will be a good coach for the club, wait until we have a full list to choose from before you judge him. He's made mistakes and will make more, that makes him the same as every other coach. We should be looking to see how quickly he learns from them. He's in a bit of a bind because it's pretty hard to drop under-performing players when the list is so thin.

He constantly plays Colosimo just because they're mates, even though Colosimo is costing us games. Thats all I need to judge him. I wouldnt be as bothered by his obvious tactical ineptitude if it wasn't for this one fact.

And thats one of the positions we do have other options in, so you cant say the list is thin for that one.

• Like 2

He constantly plays Colosimo just because they're mates, even though Colosimo is costing us games. Thats all I need to judge him. I wouldnt be as bothered by his obvious tactical ineptitude if it wasn't for this one fact.

And thats one of the positions we do have other options in, so you cant say the list is thin for that one.

I certainly think that Colosimo should be dropped but do you have any evidence that friendship is the only reason that he's being played?

Great, are we now going to debate who real 'supporters' are and who aren't?

Aloisi probably shouldn't have been given the job in the first place, but to make such a thread a sticky after a win and a game where the boys and Aloisi showed something is ridiculous.

Your misusing your mod powers and making this forum a joke..

• Like 3

I never thought Aloisi should have got the job but realistically, who can we appoint now instead?

Options at the time were:

1. Ante Milicic - should have been given the job, done the time in NSW Premier League winning Coach of the Year, worked as Assistant under JVS and with Young Socceroos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ante_Milicic

2. Arthur Pappas - was a long shot but again done his time in VPL winning Coach of the Year, worked at the AIS which is a plus as we are supposedly about promoting Youth. Now coaching the Indian Olympic Mens Team and best of all he is from Melbourne

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Papas

3. Branko Culina - proven record in both NSL and with varied success in the A-League but likes his teams to play good football. Big character who is experienced and would have allowed JA to continue as an Assistant.

What did Melbourne Heart decide:

1. John Aloisi - great playing career, coached 18 games as a youth coach up until this season.

2. Hayden Foxe - best mate of JA and never coached a team or game in his life

EQUALS = We are doomed!!!!

I don't know if we need to sack JA yet. Perhaps he could just watch how other teams play?

I just saw Perth do this thing where one of their players passed the ball to another of their players - not the opposition's. This then allowed that bloke to do what the fellow commentating called a "cross". This other man Dodd then headed the ball into the goal which gave his side a 2-0 lead. Interesting.

Perhaps this passing, cross, goal thing could work for us?

I don't know if we need to sack JA yet. Perhaps he could just watch how other teams play?

I just saw Perth do this thing where one of their players passed the ball to another of their players - not the opposition's. This then allowed that bloke to do what the fellow commentating called a "cross". This other man Dodd then headed the ball into the goal which gave his side a 2-0 lead. Interesting.

Perhaps this passing, cross, goal thing could work for us?

Passing ? what utter lunacy somebody arrest this man

We have close to the 2 best players in the league in Tadic and Garcia, as well as socceroos like Behich and Marrone, and other top players like Dugandzic and Fred, we should be 1st with that squad, making finals is not good enough, we should be winning finals.

Aloisi clearly has no idea tactically, we couldnt find any way forward today ffs, and I'm perplexed by Colosimo still being played. If he cant string a few wins together with the team we have, then he doesnt really have much hope in the management game.

And dont give me that we've had injuries crap, our 2 best players have been playing.

FFS all these guys like Behich, Marroine, Dugandzic, Fred didnt all just coincidentally lose form, they're playing poorly this season because of Aloisi.

• Like 2

Too early to demand Aloisi to go. Hysteric and knee jerk demand.

Aloisi completely out coached Postecogelou in round 1, leading us to outplay and win against Victory in their Etihad home match.

Aloisi guided us to smash Brisbane 4-1.

And only last week Aloisi's coaching engineered the counterattack that saw us win against our bogeyteam Perth Glory.

A number of the points we dropped can't be blamed on Aloisi, such as Colosimo's brainsnap against Wellington.

If we were ever going to have a real poor performance and loss it was going to be against Central Coast, especially in an away game where they're top of the league and in irresistible form.

I reckon in a couple of weeks, after playing A-League teams that aren't the best and in top form, these calls for Aloisi to go will be a distant memory.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 2

I too am in the sack Aloisi camp now and I am not just saying becuase of our poor results, I am very concerned in the direction we are going and I don't think he can take us forward. Like mentioned above, Tadic and Garcia are class players and one of the best in the league and there is no way Fred would become that poor and I don't think he is finished. John is not a developing coach which I have made clear on the board recently and for a 3 year side we need a developing coach.

I would take Branko Culina over JA any day of the week, wont happen though. I am expecting to have JA until the seasons end.

What ever did happen to our youth policy?

Mitchinson and Walker = no goals conceded.

Lack of faith from JA and they get dropped. At least JVS had the gonads to play the kids in big games. Gave our club a purpose.

Now we have geriatrics in the side that can't move, and people wonder why our ball movement is so slow? Pass, pass, pass in the back half, lob to a Central Defender from the opposition. That is our tactics.

Colossimo, Thompson, Fred and Hoffman should not be starting in our side. Old, past it and in Hoffs case, never had it. How many simple passes can this collection stuff up. Throw in Bolton also. Crying out load. Geriatrics who are now past it.

Edited by Melburnian
  • Like 2

Heart's play this season is crap compared to the two seasons under John Van't Schip who had the guts to start young talent instead of players like Colosimo, Beauchamp and Heffernan. I remember John Van't Schip saying about one of the seniors something along the lines of: "He makes too many bad errors in defence and just keeps on making them. I'll prefer a hungry, young player who will learn from his mistakes." We're not getting that this year, are we? We have some of our highest paid players getting games week after week no matter what mistake ridden, insipid crap is served up by them. It gives me the shits. It should seriously worry the Heart owners when they look at the exciting brand of footy Victory is now playing. Compare that to the dour stuff that Heart dishes up most weeks. As a striker John Aloisi scored plenty of goals because he gambled. It's time he took that same approach to his Management and dropped underperforming seniors, irrespective of their names, and replaced them with youngsters who really look like they are having a red hot go each week and who learn from their mistakes and get better unlike a number of our highly paid senior players.

• Like 3

I am definitely not in the sack him now camp (thing 90% of that camp would start a sack 'insert new manager's name here' thread in about 2 weeks) but his bench selection frustrates me no end.

A-League has a crappy 4 man bench where you are forced to use all outfield subs or go without. It's terrible but you gotta get with the program. All games bar last night where we were forced into it, we have gone with a bench including...

- A pure CB who has only been used pretty much to eat time off clock when in front

- A CF who cannot work with the starting CF. Basically should only sub off for eachother

FFS one area we actually go alright with is having players who can fill in at CB (Thompson, Marrone, Mitchinson).

It's a reflection of a cautious approach from a first year coach. He needs support from pizza boy, Ron Smith and JD in order to become more adventurous. The 3 times he has been proactive in his selction or tactics, we've won.

Whatever happened to the much-vaunted Ron Smith? I thought he was going to mentor our novice coaching team. Haven't seen or heard anything of him lately.