Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

I love how happy all the Brisbane fans are to get rid of Thijssen because he is crap and never uses the bench. Oh boy are they in for some fun times!

They are going to love how 'unlucky' they are going to be this season. 

• Like 1

And it irks the fuck out of me that now he constantly refers to his time as Heart manager as an apprenticeship. Cunt.

Correct me if I'm wrong but to be an apprentice don't you need a Master?

Arnold served an apprenticeship. Aloisi stole some tools and hung out a shingle (& then went bust). But it's ok, because in the meantime he's walked past a few work sites.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
27 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Lost last week, behind right now.

Is it possible that it's taken this long for his coaching methods and tactics to sink in?

Defnitly. Brisbane have a great squad that run themselves. But a cancer will get you one way or the other

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, japiedog said:

Brisbane were clueless last night

lots of possession, but nothing to show for it

I had to concentrate hard to see that Broich was out there, he had minimal influence on the match

well done Adelaide

That is two weeks in a row that Broich has been nullified. It didn't help his cause that he was playing alone with little support from his team mates.

• 1 year later...

Brisbane through to the Group stage of the ACL. We can't deny that Aloisi has been far more successful at Brisbane than he was at Heart. I'm beginning to think there's more in the "club culture" issue at Bundoora than first meets the eye.

27 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Brisbane through to the Group stage of the ACL. We can't deny that Aloisi has been far more successful at Brisbane than he was at Heart. I'm beginning to think there's more in the "club culture" issue at Bundoora than first meets the eye.

Eh, I wouldn't be making excuses for him. He's clearly improved, I also think the presence of Ross as assistant has been beneficial for him but let's not forget just how poor he was here. His tactics were god-awful and he didn't seem to be able to get through to the playing group at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Embee said:

Eh, I wouldn't be making excuses for him. He's clearly improved, I also think the presence of Ross as assistant has been beneficial for him but let's not forget just how poor he was here. His tactics were god-awful and he didn't seem to be able to get through to the playing group at all.

He was just unlucky IMO

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Jimmy said:

He actually was a lot of the time.

Lol

He went into every game with no plan B. That brings a lot of bad luck.

Plan A included long balls to s 4'2" striker. This also tends to lead to bad luck.

He continued to select players who were either low on form or motivation. This also leads to bad luck.

Edited by Shahanga

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Unlike Joyce, Aloisi has long thought that the last thing you wanted a coach to say at a press conference is the truth. He believes the coach should "protect the players" & I guess deal with issues in private.

The only problem with this is it gives fans the impression the coach is clueless 

I think we do know the truth regarding JA;)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Unlike Joyce, Aloisi has long thought that the last thing you wanted a coach to say at a press conference is the truth. He believes the coach should "protect the players" & I guess deal with issues in private.

The only problem with this is it gives fans the impression the coach is clueless 

The team's performance gave us the impression that he was clueless

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, malloy said:

Haha. No wonder he has been putting himself forward to be the next Socceroos coach.

God helps us if that was the case.

How many seasons experience does he have? 4 or 5? At 2 clubs, both in the A League and never been an assistant anywhere? By my calculations won zero titles, but has competed for a few wooden spoons.

Not being unkind when I say he needs at least another 6 or so years to even be considered and it should go without saying that success (beyond avoiding being fired) is essential. 

20 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

God helps us if that was the case.

How many seasons experience does he have? 4 or 5? At 2 clubs, both in the A League and never been an assistant anywhere? By my calculations won zero titles, but has competed for a few wooden spoons.

Not being unkind when I say he needs at least another 6 or so years to even be considered and it should go without saying that success (beyond avoiding being fired) is essential. 

I think you will find that JA has actually won the highly coveted and most prestigious award of them all....... the Craig Foster Cup!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

When Aloisi is finally sacked perhaps he’ll move into comedy. He seems well suited for the profession.

His latest being “Hingert was hacked down by Malik” (but bizarrely no penalty awarded)

Hmm. I can’t remember that?

He must be truly unlucky for such a blatant foul to be overlooked by both the ref and the VAR.

Of course if Malik took the ball off Hingert in a fair tackle and then an unco Hingert ran into Malik and fell over that wouldn’t actually be a penalty then would it?

JA truly unlucky that he was the only person at the ground who actually saw what really happened.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
16 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

shit cunt  who's position at the end of the season makes his run there look a lot better than it was, very lucky he always had a striker carrying them (maclaren,taggart)

Harsh. JA is learning as a coach/manager. At least he doesn't put half his senior players off-side with his attitude to training.

• Like 2