Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

For the sake of humanity and our collective sanity, someone please close this thread :soon:

Stop opening the thread then.

Some of us aren't through demeaning him, and as he keeps putting himself in the spotlight and talking shit I will continue to do so. And this is the place for it.

Like him as a player

Liked him in his very first game as the coach only.

After that it was all downhill

However at the moment it's getting difficult to respect him even as a person.

He never admitted to his inadequate experience and being totally out of depth as a coach, just because he enjoys being one doesn't mean he will be any good at it.

Man up FFS, get a small role somewhere and build on slowly from bottom up and stop talking shit

Right now all you're good for is carrying real coaches ball sack and cones.

And if you're real nice he may put you in charge cutting up the oranges.

Yep do the hard yards.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing ads for iga :up:

where you can win a training session with him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what the second last prize is

Two training sessions with him. Consisting of you bombing long balls from

defense to forward line under strict directions from your mentor JA

Doing ads for iga :up:

where you can win a training session with him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what the second last prize is

Two training sessions with him.

...and a goal scoring session with Michael Mifsud Don't forget the bonus class where mifsud presents "the anatomy of OFFSIDE"

Why are we still talking about this bloke?

We should remember him for the good things he did as a player. Not for his failure as a coach. I don't think he was a good coach, but he was also let down by his players.

And as a commentator, surely he's no better or no worse than most of the others?

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. Don't get me wrong, I was happy when he was put out of his misery and at the start of last season, a (comparatively) 'good' game was one where I didn't want to break the TV after listening to Aloisi's post match interview. But why is Mifsud considered one of the very worst foreign signings in the history of the league? Because he butchered dozens of straightforward opportunities (and he wasn't the only one who had little composure in front of goal). That wasn't Aloisi's fault and if Mifsud had converted even half of those golden chances, we probably would have had 6-10 points more on the board, by the time Aloisi was ultimately removed. Worth remembering, I think.

Anyway, I don't really care what he's up to now. I just don't like the outright hate for him. I just hope that in a few years time, if they show him on the big screen as a supporter for one of our home games, he gets a bit of respect. Shit coach, yeah. But people need to settle down. He's in the rearview mirror.

We should remember him for the good things he did as a player. Not for his failure as a coach. I don't think he was a good coach, but he was also let down by his players.

And as a commentator, surely he's no better or no worse than most of the others?

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. Don't get me wrong, I was happy when he was put out of his misery and at the start of last season, a (comparatively) 'good' game was one where I didn't want to break the TV after listening to Aloisi's post match interview. But why is Mifsud considered one of the very worst foreign signings in the history of the league? Because he butchered dozens of straightforward opportunities (and he wasn't the only one who had little composure in front of goal). That wasn't Aloisi's fault and if Mifsud had converted even half of those golden chances, we probably would have had 6-10 points more on the board, by the time Aloisi was ultimately removed. Worth remembering, I think.

Anyway, I don't really care what he's up to now. I just don't like the outright hate for him. I just hope that in a few years time, if they show him on the big screen as a supporter for one of our home games, he gets a bit of respect. Shit coach, yeah. But people need to settle down. He's in the rearview mirror.

While I do think Mifsud being shit is largely on Mifsud himself, you can not underestimate what a shit coach/manager can do to player/team morale and confidence.

• Like 1

Well when you are 4'10'' and the gaffer has your team mates bomb high balls to you it doesn't exactly help!

that's the feeling I got. That with the pressure of impressing and then making some laughable mistakes, the pressure just got worse and worse with losing and bad coaching. In the end there was just no release and it was never going to work. Might not of been the superstar some people were making out, but I don't think he's as shit as people have made out either. Just one of those unpleasant situations for all.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We were probably just unlucky

• 2 months later...

Still waiting for the coaching comeback. I wonder when his next tour of Europe is happening.

I love that when he was asked what he had been doing to prepare for his next coaching job he said he had been watching loads of football. That's what we all do when we are unemployed. Maybe he was making sure centrelink weren't going to catch him out. "Well I have been sitting around watching football, but it's to help me get a job. Honest!"

I've tried that mate. It doesn't work.

• Like 5

Anythings possible and time is definitely on his side regarding his coaching career, but I'll put it out there that I don't see him getting back into coaching ever again.

Same. I make jokes about how bad he was, but I honestly would be really happy to see him become a successful coach. However, he doesn't strike me as particularly motivated to get out there and prove everyone wrong any time soon

Anythings possible and time is definitely on his side regarding his coaching career, but I'll put it out there that I don't see him getting back into coaching ever again.

Same. I make jokes about how bad he was, but I honestly would be really happy to see him become a successful coach. However, he doesn't strike me as particularly motivated to get out there and prove everyone wrong any time soon

I think his problem is he has an ego and so he isn't willing to drop down to a level where he can get a gig. Probably sitting around waiting for another A-league job.

• Like 1