Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

LOL!! That's one way to always be remembered.... 

Aloisi backs sky blue 'Melbourne City' to chase Lampard, Bresciano

By Iain Strachan

25/05/2014 10:45:00 AM

Moved on in favour of JVS ahead of the Manchester & UAE-led takeover, the deposed boss says the club will go after the very best talent that their sizeable transfer budget affords

Exclusive

Former Melbourne Heart coach John Aloisi expects his old team to think big in the hunt for marquee players, and says he doesn't have a problem with Manchester City's plans to change the team's colours and name. 

Heart could be a major force in the Australian transfer market ahead of the 2014-15 A-League campaign, with their Premier League owners (and Abu Dhabi paymasters) tipped in some quarters to splash the cash on genuine stars in a bid to boost attendances and raise the club's commercial profile.

Frank Lampard, whose Chelsea future remains uncertain, has been linked with Heart by sections of the British and Australian media.

And when asked by Goal Australia if he expects his former side to pursue a player of the World Cup-bound England international's calibre, Aloisi was unequivocal.  

"I think they will," he said.

"You hear stories about it, you don't know for sure what they can do with it. I'm sure Man City will get a lot of good players coming across to play in Australia. At least the marquee and then whether they go on and have a guest player for a period time. 

"But they definitely will make sure they put the resources into the right areas. And the right areas are bringing top quality players in and I'm sure they're going to do that."

Aloisi was similarly enthusiastic about reports linking Heart with a swoop for Socceroos veteran Mark Bresciano, who has one season remaining at Qatari club Al Gharafa. 

"Definitely, definitely," he said when asked if the Australia international was a suitable candidate to become domestic marquee.

"A great player, had a great career. Still going strong, you can see he's going to be in the starting XI with the Socceroos at the World Cup. I think if we could get him back over it'd be great. 

"He's a Melbourne boy. I'm not sure what he wants to do, I'm not sure if the club are looking to do that. But definitely that calibre of player you want to bring back."

Even if Heart succeed in recruiting such big hitters to drive their new project under John van 't Schip, it remains to be seen what colours they will be wearing and what name they will be playing under next season.

An application has been submitted to Football Federation Australia by new owners the City Group to transform the franchise into Melbourne City, with the original 'Sky Blues', Sydney FC, registering strong opposition to a proposed change of Heart's shirt colour from red and white to light blue.

Aloisi however, despite being both a former Sydney FC man and an inaugural Heart player, does not feel strongly about the potential identity crisis.

"I really haven't got an issue with it, I think that if they want to do it, it's up to them," he said.

"I can't see that it should be a problem because in Europe, say Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal have all got red jerseys. They could make it a little bit different. That's why you have away jerseys, if it's going to clash. 

"That's up to FFA I suppose and Manchester City, what they want to do with Melbourne Heart. If they want to change their names and change their colours, they've got the rights to it, they probably can do it."

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4038/exclusive/2014/05/25/4837998/aloisi-backs-sky-blue-melbourne-city-to-chase-lampard

Former Melbourne Heart coach John Aloisi expects his old team to think big in the hunt for marquee players, and says he doesn't have a problem with Manchester City's plans to change the team's colours and name. 

What a fucking surprise. Cunt

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

Ask any out-of-work coach throughout the football

world where they'd most like to go in search of

fresh ideas and new skills ahead of the next job and

Spanish giants Barcelona would surely be one of

the dream destinations.

For most aspiring young tacticians it would remain

exactly that - a dream.

But circumstances have conspired to present John

Aloisi with direct access to the technical

department at Camp Nou and the training fields at

Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper, the state-of-the-art

successor to the famous La Masia.

Newly appointed coach Luis Enrique has been

joined at Barca by his Celta Vigo colleague Juan

Carlos Unzue, a close friend of the former

Melbourne Heart boss from their playing days at

Osasuna.

And when Goal Australia caught up with the 38-year-old on Saturday, the former Socceroos striker

revealed his plan to prepare himself for a return to

management.

"Keep on educating myself, keep on learning," he

said.

"I'd love to get back into coaching when the right

opportunity comes about. Hopefully I'll be able to

get back in.

"For the time being, (I'm going to) visit different

clubs. I went to Europe for four weeks and visited a

few clubs over there, got to see the way they work.

"I visited Celta Vigo and watched the way they play.

My mate (was) assistant coach, Juan Carlos

Unzue, he's gone now to be assistant coach at

Barcelona.

"He invited me back there to watching training and

go watch some games. I'll definitely make time for

it."

Goal Australia then playfully suggested Aloisi could

even seek to join the new backroom staff at Camp

Nou.

"I'll put the cones out," he said with a smile.

Aloisi attended Socceroos training this weekend as

a guest of head coach Ange Postecoglou, his

former rival from their time at Heart and Melbourne

Victory respectively.

"I got in contact with Ange a while ago to see if I

could come and watch training and he's been very

open," he said.

"I'll go watch training tomorrow and see how the

boys are going.

"To see how the Socceroos are going (but also) to

keep on learning. Everyone's got different ways of

playing and different ways of doing things, to see

Ange's way. He's been one of our most successful

coaches in history in Australia and to see him work

is good."

There was a reminder for Aloisi out on the field of

the capricious nature of professional coaching, as

Ante Milicic, the man he beat to the Heart job in

2012 and now Postecoglou's assistant, took the

lead in preparing the national team for the World

Cup in Brazil.

While Aloisi's first stint as head coach ended in

disappointment and dismissal, Milicic's stock has

continued to rise, with Postecoglou headhunting

him after two stellar seasons with Tony Popovic at

Western Sydney Wanderers.

Two years Aloisi's senior but yet to get a taste of

the hot-seat himself, Milicic certainly has no

complaints about the way the cards have fallen, as

he gets ready to lock horns with his counterparts

on the coaching staff of Vicente Del Bosque and

Louis van Gaal.

"With Melbourne Heart that's in the past, it

happens," Milicic said.

"Football always changes. I've learned one thing;

not to look too far ahead. The situation has fallen

right for me at this stage of my career."

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4038/exclusive/2014/05/24/4837210/barcelona-to-re-launch-aloisis-coaching-career?ICID=HP_HN_1

Good on him, I don't wish him any ill and if we remember one Ange Postecoglou, he had a bad stint as well at one time, now look where he is through perserverance and hard work.

I'm not saying Jonny will be as good as Ange, but it's good to see him determined and putting in to learn.

^^ Ange actually had a fairly good spell at SMFC before he took on the National youth team role from memory.

I think many of our fans will take a long time to get over what JA dished up for us...His favourite "We were unlucky" dribble just showed how far out of his depth he was, and he did very little to actually take responsibility for any of it.

Good luck to him though. It will be a long learning process ahead..

Edited by Heart_fan
  • Like 1

^^ Ange actually had a fairly good spell at SMFC before he took on the National youth team role from memory.

I think many of our fans will take a long time to get over what JA dished up for us...His favourite "We were unlucky" dribble just showed how far out of his depth he was, and he did very little to actually take responsibility for any of it.

Good luck to him though. It will be a long learning process ahead..

Yeah but after the Fozzy vitriol he received, he was much on the outer. But yeah, pretty different but a bit of perspective never hurt right?

I just see the Aloisi era as it was, painfull and distressing, but it's gone now and just a dull ache. Time to move on to greener pastures, as he will be looking to do as well.

If this bloke thinks watching a couple of training sessions will make him a better coach,than this bloke truly has NFI.

If he was serious about becoming a better coach, after getting sacked he would've taken an assistant coaching role in one of the many state leagues in Australia (and don't tell me he couldn't of,this bloke has connections everywhere!)

But that would've hurt his ego so instead he's decided to cut corners and hope another head coaching job falls into his lap. How far does this bloke think his on-field reputation will take him off field?

Complete dickhead

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 2

If this bloke thinks watching a couple of training sessions will make him a better coach,than this bloke truly has NFI.

If he was serious about becoming a better coach, after getting sacked he would've taken an assistant coaching role in one of the many state leagues in Australia (and don't tell me he couldn't of,this bloke has connections everywhere!)

But that would've hurt his ego so instead he's decided to cut corners and hope another head coaching job falls into his lap. How far does this bloke think his his one penalty for Australia will take him off field?

Complete dickhead

Fixed

• Like 3

Good on him, I don't wish him any ill and if we remember one Ange Postecoglou, he had a bad stint as well at one time, now look where he is through perserverance and hard work.

I'm not saying Jonny will be as good as Ange, but it's good to see him determined and putting in to learn.

Postecoglou won two trophies as coach with Sth Melb. .

This plonker has done what?

And travelling to Bayern and Barca for a few weeks and watching in on the Socceroos will which achieve what?

Edited by Kiro Kompiro

Postecoglou won two trophies as coach with Sth Melb. .

This plonker has done what?

And travelling to Bayern and Barca for a few weeks and watching in on the Socceroos will which achieve what?

Haha I get it, fuck all, or the devolution of our club.

At least he is looking to learn is all, I am not one tohold a grudge. I hated him as our coach, not as a person, just playing the ball, not the man.

• Like 1

Like him as a player

Liked him in his very first game as the coach only.

After that it was all downhill

However at the moment it's getting difficult to respect him even as a person.

He never admitted to his inadequate experience and being totally out of depth as a coach, just because he enjoys being one doesn't mean he will be any good at it.

Man up FFS, get a small role somewhere and build on slowly from bottom up and stop talking shit

Right now all you're good for is carrying real coaches ball sack and cones.

And if you're real nice he may put you in charge cutting up the oranges.

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 1

Like him as a player

He never admitted to his inadequate experience and being totally out of depth as a coach, just because he enjoys being one doesn't mean he will be any good at it.

Man up FFS, get a small role somewhere and build on slowly from bottom up and stop talking shit

Agree. He's becoming the next Tony Shaw.

• Like 1

Like him as a player

Look the guy's a complete deluded mong but there is no need to call him a Sh*w... bit harsh IMO.

• Like 1

Like him as a player

Whoa, whoa, whoa, that's taking things a bit too far.

Like him as a player

I'd say Tim Watson

Like him as a player

I'd say Tim Watson

Add Voss and Hird, all great players no training(apprenticeship) and straight in. Just doesn't work often.

When he was on the verge of the sack he asked for support from us through a YouTube video pleading he loved the club and was proud to be here from the start.

Now his response to the club he was proud to be a part of from the start changing colours is "I really haven't got an issue with it".

Fuck you John Aloisi, if you really cared about the club you wouldn't want to see it changed. You're nothing but a fraud and a shit manager that will never be good because you want to take the fucking easy route of watching Bayern and Barcelona on TV, call that experience instead of putting in the hard yards. I wouldn't want you managing my metro league 2 club you fucking cunt. Just retire and continue to be the but of every joke on santo sam and ed on your occasional appearance, that's all youre good for now.

When he was on the verge of the sack he asked for support from us through a YouTube video pleading he loved the club and was proud to be here from the start.

Now his response to the club he was proud to be a part of from the start changing colours is "I really haven't got an issue with it".

Fuck you John Aloisi, if you really cared about the club you wouldn't want to see it changed. You're nothing but a fraud and a shit manager that will never be good because you want to take the fucking easy route of watching Bayern and Barcelona on TV, call that experience instead of putting in the hard yards. I wouldn't want you managing my metro league 2 club you fucking cunt. Just retire and continue to be the but of every joke on santo sam and ed on your occasional appearance, that's all youre good for now.

No point getting bitter he has dug his own grave and now has to lie in it. If anything kick back and enjoy the shit he spins now that it no longer effects us.

No point getting bitter he has dug his own grave and now has to lie in it. If anything kick back and enjoy the shit he spins now that it no longer effects us. was just in a bit of a ranty mood, but good point. I will be following the stories of his fuckups at his new job closely and having a good laugh along the way.

Unless it's back here, then I'll be calling for his head.

No point getting bitter he has dug his own grave and now has to lie in it. If anything kick back and enjoy the shit he spins now that it no longer effects us. was just in a bit of a ranty mood, but good point. I will be following the stories of his fuckups at his new job closely and having a good laugh along the way.

I'm in the same boat. Don't worry I love a good rant. After the shit he served up he deserves to be on the receiving end of a decent rant.

No point getting bitter he has dug his own grave and now has to lie in it. If anything kick back and enjoy the shit he spins now that it no longer effects us.was just in a bit of a ranty mood, but good point. I will be following the stories of his fuckups at his new job closely and having a good laugh along the way.

I'm in the same boat. Don't worry I love a good rant. After the shit he served up he deserves to be on the receiving end of a decent rant. He was prob praising City and their changes cos he thinks he might be able to get another job at Heart...

He is that clueless.

Why are we still talking about this bloke?

We should remember him for the good things he did as a player. Not for his failure as a coach. I don't think he was a good coach, but he was also let down by his players.

And as a commentator, surely he's no better or no worse than most of the others?

• Like 1

No point getting bitter he has dug his own grave and now has to lie in it. If anything kick back and enjoy the shit he spins now that it no longer effects us.was just in a bit of a ranty mood, but good point. I will be following the stories of his fuckups at his new job closely and having a good laugh along the way.

I'm in the same boat. Don't worry I love a good rant. After the shit he served up he deserves to be on the receiving end of a decent rant. He was prob praising City and their changes cos he thinks he might be able to get another job at Heart...

He is that clueless. Nah, probs just wants to watch us train for a few weeks