Melbourne Football

Ahu!

Tesla

Noticed there isn't a thread for this chant which was debuted on Firday and was met with much fanfare. As it appears to be a new sensation within the terrace, might be good if people see it done properly so we can further refine it :up:

First 40 seconds...

• Like 2

We need more of this kind of thing TBH. Can be done by anyone too, not just those in active support. Just clap in time and you are contributing to the noise/atmosphere.

I feel something so simple but effective could create probably more of a buzz than anything else. The ahu portion of this video demonstrates my point.

It is so simple everyone can catch on and do it. But so effective and as you say KSK creates more noise and atmosphere it will help no doubt.

Thing after slowly increasing the tempo of the AHU! I think it would be better doing that then just fading off into a whole abundance of out of time ahu's haha

I think its better to keep it at the one pace- people need to understand the importance of unison for chants and this is a perfect example and exercise of that.

Edited by KSK_47

TBH I like that chant DP, and dont care where its from, but fact of the matter is, you got to make the chant happen instead of just discuss it on the forums. The Ahu was turned into reality before this Ajax chant, and given the similarities of the two chants and how hard it is to get new chants to take off, I seriously doubt the general terrace has the intellectual ability to discern between the two chants so dont think they can both happen.

Wouldn't mind being proven wrong though because I do like this Ajax chant.

• Like 1

TBH I like that chant DP, and dont care where its from, but fact of the matter is, you got to make the chant happen instead of just discuss it on the forums. The Ahu was turned into reality before this Ajax chant, and given the similarities of the two chants and how hard it is to get new chants to take off, I seriously doubt the general terrace has the intellectual ability to discern between the two chants so dont think they can both happen.

Wouldn't mind being proven wrong though because I do like this Ajax chant.

I actually forgot about it until "Ahu" was done on Friday, I like it, sounds like "Ura!" and reminds me of the beauty of the Red Army.

621888d16a04fdfd2902a23d2ee8.jpg

• Like 1

I think its better to keep it at the one pace- people need to understand the importance of unison for chants and this is a perfect example and exercise of that.

Yeah definitely a fair call, but I was just making the observation as to how we did it Friday, it ended by going quicker and quicker until a mess.. If we do it like that, I suggest we end it as above, if not, steady is best :)

Reminded me of a march tbh.

I think this, accompanied with 'we are Melbourne' and MAYBE 'you are in my heart', while marching to the stadium from the imp or train station, would not only attract stragglers but also announce our arrival and build atmosphere leading into the start of the game.

Does sound like a dog bark now that you think about it... but pumps you up.

I tend to agree. Very seldom do we find a chant that creates as much noise and boasts as much participation without constant encouragement.

Positives far outweighing the negatives for me atm.

We should also do the Moon-dog chant?

Didak.jpg

Edited by cadete

Look, mate. I appreciate you like that Ajax one, but you need let it go for a bit. If you'd posted it up prior to Friday's game it would've got a run in all likelihood. At the moment they're too similar - you know yourself how hard it can be to get a new one going.

• Like 1