Melbourne Football

So Happy Together

marteaux

I don't get people complaining about SHT. What do they want instead? They find it cringe worthy but what wouldn't be? 

Actually, maybe it should be through the wire by Kanye West or some 50 cent song, since they almost died and then became successful, which is what we are hoping for in terms of our football? /sarcasm 

Edited by benzema23

I've supported every move in the past by both Yarraside and the Melburnians and think they do a great job. But SHT is one thing I've always felt very strongly against. I think it's one of the most difficult songs to sing loudly because of the constant tonal changes. Even when the melburnians sung it yesterday it wasn't very audible. I still try to sing it for support but most people in my section I know for a fact just don't like it.

• Like 1

I've supported every move in the past by both Yarraside and the Melburnians and think they do a great job. But SHT is one thing I've always felt very strongly against. I think it's one of the most difficult songs to sing loudly because of the constant tonal changes. Even when the melburnians sung it yesterday it wasn't very audible. I still try to sing it for support but most people in my section I know for a fact just don't like it.

How the fuck do the tards sing 'Marvin Gaye - Stand By Me' then? No tonal changes there? Are you saying that we are worse singers than them? Ban him now! :D

What ever the tards sing sound good coz 40,000 people do it. how about everyone in the GA does it and SHT and we all might just sound So happy together...

1. It doesn't sound good.

2. Most of the NT and its leaders hate the song and refuse to sing it.

3. In fact SHT is much more popular amongst Heart fans than Stand By Me is amongst the Mongs.

Edited by cadete

SHT doesn't work for a whole lot of reasons.

At the moment without a home win in sight (last one was 1st March 2014) and many of us still smarting from the re-badging and an overdose of sky blue, I doubt that the City supporters are particularly "happy together."

Second, it's too fast. Very difficult for even one section of the crowd to keep up with the music, and when you add to that the acoustic lag around the ground everyone is out of sync.

Third it needs editing (slow down and shorten) so it fits the time and place. ATM it fades away into nothing - just like the team does.

I would say that what Melburnians are doing now - starting that clapping chant shortly before KO and keeping it going for as long as it is required, is absolutely bloody brilliant - has far more chance of catching on around the ground than any song ever will do unless that song is a golden oldie that everyone already knows.

• Like 2

Stand By Me just reminds me of RACV ads (which ruined the link to one of my favourite childhood movies with the same name)

It is so shit, I laugh everytime I hear it. Might as well play "Why can't we be friends"

There were a fair few who used to suggest it all the time as a Heart song back in the day... thank god  it never gained any traction.

How the fuck do the tards sing 'Marvin Gaye - Stand By Me' then? No tonal changes there? Are you saying that we are worse singers than them? Ban him now! :D

The tards is shocking. But this is not a personal attack on anyone, this is about the song and not your vocal abilities. Out of all the songs out there we need something that stirs people when it's sung, and it needs to be able to be sung loudly. You should be able to have 20 people singing it and it should be well heard. And honest opinion is with all of Yarraside and melburnians singing SHT it never sounds loud at all.