Melbourne Football

So Happy Together

marteaux

Good to see this is coming to fruition.

If everyone gets behind this it could be a quality anthem for the club.

Everyone endeavour to learn the words and the tune before Sydney so we can sing it there, and before the match at home against Adelaide.

Well done mate, great find.

Confidence it will be a classic.

I'm not sure what lyrics are being put on the screen for the song, but here's a suggestion from someone on facebook

struck out text from original, and bolded replacement.

Imagine me and you, I do

I think about you day and night, it's only right

To think about the club I love with all my might girl you love and hold her tight

So happy together

If I should call you up, invest a dime

And you say you belong to me and ease my mind

Imagine how the world could be, so very fine

So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you

For all my life

When you're with me, baby the skies will be blue my Heart will be true

For all my life

Me and you and you and me

No matter how they toss the dice, it had to be

The only one for me is you, and you for me

So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you

For all my life

When you're with me, baby my Heart will be true

For all my life

No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be

So happy together

Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba

Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba

No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be

So happy together

So happy together

How is the weather

So happy together

We're happy together

So happy together

Happy together

So happy together

So happy together (ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba)

• Like 2

If you are going to play the original over the speakers then you can't just change the words..

Who gives a crap if it has blue in it!! Has no relevance at all to Victory. Stop the paranoia..

Not a fan of the song but like that it is fan driven, that the club has listened and let's see how it goes..

• Like 1

It's not just the blue. It's also making it relevant to club and not a girl.

Forget lyric changes, we're not the phuqing AFL. Song is brilliant as-is!

Who cares about blue, it's the sky FFS. Or girl reference. Just sing - it's catchy, it's fun, and is a great football song.

FFS the English sung about Vindaloo!!!

• Like 1

Who cares about blue, it's the sky FFS. Or girl reference. Just sing - it's catchy, it's fun, and is a great football song.

I need my quota of likes extended.

I agree!

I also think 5 minutes before the match is when the MC (need a new one) needs to hype the crowd up a tad. When announcing the teams, for Melbourne it needs to have some really hyped music and he needs to really draw our players out with interaction from the fans. They do this the best in Spain it was totally cool.

They had this cool music and everyone stood up and clapped, then the announcer was saying (my Spanish is poor) Are you ready for tonights team? To which the crowd said YES! Then he started of course with the goal keeper:

"In goals, your goalkeeper, Number 1 - Clinttttttttttttt (then wouldn't say anything, the crowd would say for example) BOLTON"

At Right Back, number 2 - ....... ........

And so on!

It was really good, got fans up and out of the seats and interacting! Hype was good.

I think if we can get this right, we will see a lot more crowd interaction from every part of the ground and let by the might of the Yarraside we can start to build something extra special.

Just on that potential interaction between a MC and the Yarraside, I like the idea like in Germany after a goal as well; for example

MC: Anddddd your goalscorer number 10 Josip

YS: Tadic

MC: Josip

MC: JOSSSSIIIPPPPP

YS: TADDDIICCCC

MC: And the score Melbourne Heart

YS: 3

MC: Melbourne Victory

YS: Nil

And away we go into a chant!!!

Edited by RevDog

I also think 5 minutes before the match is when the MC (need a new one) needs to hype the crowd up a tad. When announcing the teams, for Melbourne it needs to have some really hyped music and he needs to really draw our players out with interaction from the fans. They do this the best in Spain it was totally cool.

They had this cool music and everyone stood up and clapped, then the announcer was saying (my Spanish is poor) Are you ready for tonights team? To which the crowd said YES! Then he started of course with the goal keeper:

"In goals, your goalkeeper, Number 1 - Clinttttttttttttt (then wouldn't say anything, the crowd would say for example) BOLTON"

At Right Back, number 2 - ....... ........

And so on!

It was really good, got fans up and out of the seats and interacting! Hype was good.

I think if we can get this right, we will see a lot more crowd interaction from every part of the ground and let by the might of the Yarraside we can start to build something extra special.

Just on that potential interaction between a MC and the Yarraside, I like the idea like in Germany after a goal as well; for example

MC: Anddddd your goalscorer number 10 Josip

MC: Josip

MC: JOSSSSIIIPPPPP

YS: TADDDIICCCC

MC: And the score Melbourne Heart

YS: 3

MC: Melbourne Victory

YS: Nil

And away we go into a chant!!!

the victory already do the player introductions as they say the last name, but fuck it lets do it

but i really like the idea of the goal scorer and score

Edited by MrAiDaN66
  • Like 1

I much prefer singing this with the chorus being just la la la la la to the tune, like in the video in OP and like we have been doing. Not too fussed on the other lyrics but I do agree with FB about not wanting the blue skies bit to be sung.

I much prefer singing this with the chorus being just la la la la la to the tune, like in the video in OP and like we have been doing. Not too fussed on the other lyrics but I do agree with FB about not wanting the blue skies bit to be sung.

Problem with that is that the lalala currently is the verse not the chorus.

Perhaps a game time change version will lala, but pre-game it will sound awesome IF sung by whole stadium.

Problem with that is that the lalala currently is the verse not the chorus.

Perhaps a game time change version will lala, but pre-game it will sound awesome IF sung by whole stadium.

Actually you're right on both counts. Pregame singing it and then doing the la la la la version during the game sounds like a good idea.

I need my quota of likes extended.

I agree!

Used all my likes too.

Completely agree. Awesome song. Have had this song playing on repeat all week.

This song Is a disgrace, a, it's a tad to fast and b, it's talking about a girl and then it goes on to say blue!

I know people will say we are not changing lyrics and fe, but scrap this song and get a slower one that is more relevant

Disgrace? Fuck off. Once again sick and tired of hearing whingers.

YS have worked hard to get this off the ground and join in for the sake of your club. Otherwise go follow the mongs.

This song Is a disgrace, a, it's a tad to fast and b, it's talking about a girl and then it goes on to say blue!

I know people will say we are not changing lyrics and fe, but scrap this song and get a slower one that is more relevant

Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion I disgaree with yours, and I'm sure many others do too. Get behind it and help us realise the potential instead of whinging about it. Thanks mate.