Melbourne Football

So Happy Together

marteaux

I'll help get this song started next home game. Just someone explain to me how the fuck this song works without the line referencing a "blue sky".

Been putting some thought into this as I love the idea of this song being belted out on matchdays. How about replacing that line with something amazingly simple like "my heart will be true"? Or "my Heart will be true" if you prefer?

Currently: "when you're with me baby the skies'll be blue, for all my life"

Suggestion: "when you're with me baby my Heart will be true, for all my life"

Seems in line with the tone of the rest of the song. Anyway feel free to shoot me down in flames as is usual on these forums :)

• Like 3

Been putting some thought into this as I love the idea of this song being belted out on matchdays. How about replacing that line with something amazingly simple like "my heart will be true"? Or "my Heart will be true" if you prefer?

Currently: "when you're with me baby the skies'll be blue, for all my life"

Suggestion: "when you're with me baby my Heart will be true, for all my life"

Seems in line with the tone of the rest of the song. Anyway feel free to shoot me down in flames as is usual on these forums :)

I like it. Not sure if the change is even necessary but your suggestion would work.

• Like 1

I like it. Not sure if the change is even necessary but your suggestion would work.

Same here. Don't know if you would change the song at all, have it blasted over the PA as is so it may be hard to change the words etc, but that is a good suggestion.

I really think this song will be a classic. Will help motivate the crowd who don't get into chanting also, from all corners of the stadium... That's what I envision anyway!

I think this is the burgeoning question. And one i'm worried to know the answer to if and when they are.

However did the club not suggest a while ago that something like this had the potential to happen?

Can't help to ask the club. With Yarraside demanding it I can't see how or why the club will not back this.

If it takes off, the whole crowd will take part, it's that kind of song..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Song sheet, there's a good idea.

Great hope with this song. Must remember two things;

1. This is a song not a chant, pace dictated by the tune, quickens when converted into a chant which is wrong.

2. Chorus most important part of the song and should be sang with length. Draw the words out. Make it a song, a ballad not a chant.

Just depends on how and when, how do we want it to be played, ie. 5 minutes before kickoff? etc

Decide on this... it will be done

I love the way Celtic do things. They have walk out music then once the players have shaken hands and run to a particular end (usually home active end) YNWA comes on with the music then as soon as kickoff has happened, music stops and it's the fans singing without the music. It's magical. Really sets up the atmosphere.

Not saying we should be exactly the same, but something to think about.

I also think 5 minutes before the match is when the MC (need a new one) needs to hype the crowd up a tad. When announcing the teams, for Melbourne it needs to have some really hyped music and he needs to really draw our players out with interaction from the fans. They do this the best in Spain it was totally cool.

They had this cool music and everyone stood up and clapped, then the announcer was saying (my Spanish is poor) Are you ready for tonights team? To which the crowd said YES! Then he started of course with the goal keeper:

"In goals, your goalkeeper, Number 1 - Clinttttttttttttt (then wouldn't say anything, the crowd would say for example) BOLTON"

At Right Back, number 2 - ....... ........

And so on!

It was really good, got fans up and out of the seats and interacting! Hype was good.

I think if we can get this right, we will see a lot more crowd interaction from every part of the ground and let by the might of the Yarraside we can start to build something extra special.

Edited by Melburnian

Well it's happening. <br />

Club Song

Our supporter groups have initiated a club song which we would like to trial run for this match. ‘So happy together’ by the Turtles will be played after the players walk out on to the pitch just before kick-off. Played over the loud speaker and with the lyrics being relayed on the big screen, we want the whole stadium to sing the song as one, from every side of the stadium. This is a great opportunity for all fans to get involved and rev the players up from the sidelines. Once we’ve trialled the song, we’ll take feedback from the members post-match and see whether they want to continue with the concept. A full list of lyrics is available here to get yourself prepared in the meantime!

Edited by alexiano
  • Like 1

There's no way this will work, wasting our time

Note how it says "trial run". Trial being the operative word here. Worth a try. If it doesnt work we are no worse off.

I hope it does take off and with the voice of the ys choir behind it there is no reason why it wont. Might take a few goes to get the majority of the stadium into it but will be worth persisting.

• Like 2

There's no way this will work, wasting our time

Why not? Do you have some kind of futuristic time machine? Or do you just assume it'll be like Homer going to Capital City and getting booed?

I don't usually get personal but i'm fucking sick of everyone's negative attitudes towards Yarraside's movements. I know things aren't what we'd like them to be with the club but just trust that YS know what they're doing.

It might not always work, but Lord knows at least we're trying.

Sorry for the outburst, it's just an infuriating read this forum at times

• Like 3