Melbourne Football

So Happy Together

marteaux

Imagining whilst the opening Muse music wears out and the players line up, the rendition starts and carries on at kickoff. would be great for us as fans, matchday atmosphere and for tv too.

Whether we like it or not, if it creates the right atmosphere on tv, people will be interested in coming down for a game. It would also give us something to be recognisable for and the something the whole crowd can get into.

Just yes. What's wrong with the full version? Replace "girl" with "one" in the first verse and we have the whole song to sing every matchday and pub and on the train or at parties :D

Edited by Melburnian
  • Like 1

This song makes me think of Smiths Chips.

Regardless, has potential, but not sold on the line "When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue"

Imo, as a team that plays in red we should never sing anything that contains the word Blue unless we're using it against the Mongs.

Change the line and I'll back it.

Tbh, I do like this idea but doubt it would/could ever be pulled off.

Think it's too hard to sing without it being played over the speakers pre-match and don't think the lyrics/song are good/relevant enough for it to be our "club song." You can't really change the lyrics either imo if you're going to be playing it pre-match.

Tbh, I do like this idea but doubt it would/could ever be pulled off.

Think it's too hard to sing without it being played over the speakers pre-match and don't think the lyrics/song are good/relevant enough for it to be our "club song." You can't really change the lyrics either imo if you're going to be playing it pre-match.

Agree with all points. I implore that everyone learns the lyrics so when it does get a run - it'll catch on quickly.

No need to change a word in my opinion. Have it as is, just play and sing.

Even if you have it over the PA and then the last verse and chorus cuts out and its just the crowd.

- The blue reference is about the sky, I don't see a relevance to Victory. The sky is blue when we think of Heart. Everything is great. We the supporters and the players and club are "Happy Together"

It's my opinion anyway. I have been wrong in the past, and have planned being wrong in the future.

Have the song start when the players start their handshake (or near enough), crowd gets into it, then it should (3.20min song) should conclude as kickoff takes place and the last verse and chorus are sung by the crowd.

You could have a chant set up for straight after the song ends from a crowd point of view that sets up the mood of the crowd for the rest of the game.

I am strong in my opinion a "Theme Song" sets the atmosphere up. I see there is complaints of people in the Active section that don't participate enough, I think a song like this will bring in these people to liven up. Even people not in the active area. It will change the mood of the crowd from the get go. Everton, Man City, Liverpool etc etc.

Edited by Melburnian
  • Like 1

Well if the Yarraside agree to this then we should campaign the club in having this done.

I agree over the PA is needed. The club should not say anything or put he words on the screen or any gimmick. Tell that fucking MC to shut his gob and just have the Yarraside lads lead the singing, scarves raises and the rest will follow eventually. It's such an easy song it won't take long.

I was disapointed I didn't hear it on Saturday,attempted anyway, but it should definitely be done.

I'll help get this song started next home game. Just someone explain to me how the fuck this song works without the line refrecing a "blue sky".

Still waitng on marteaux to give me his personal demo.

Once he does, consider the song sorted.

The original song's chorus is never sung, but replaced by the chorus from the other link.

I'll be belting this out solo with a belly full o' ale on Saturday. I implore that others learn the tune, the words, and join me in the singing of this potentially amazing chant.

SOOOOOOO HAPPY TOGETHERRRRRRR!!!

Where do you normally stand? I'm preparing myself to join in with my current playlist. ;)

Great song choice, loving this! Need to get this going for the home game this weekend. Start it at the pub, continue bringing it up on the way to the game, sing it before the start of the game at kick off. People won't all jump for it first time, but the more and more we do this, the more likely it will catch on quickly and then it will become second nature.

Great fucking idea! Sure beats anything else i've heard before any of our home games before. :up:

• Like 2