Melbourne Football

The A-League Broadcasting and Media Thread

kingawesomeness

• 2 years later...

So I used to think mark rudan was just some Sydney flog, but I'm starting to enjoy his "reality insights " into football like in a discussion about Malik's Socceroo potential. Kosmina is raving about his passing and rudan just cut through that to talk about his defensive errors

Rudan will be the next Popovic imo.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those that whinge at Andy Harper only have to listen to Robbie Slater to know things aren't actually too bad.

I like Harper when he calls these Asian games. The fact that he does his research is part of it.

You can tell he has a big interest in the region from a football stance, much better than trying to hear Brenton Speed and Robbie Slater struggle with pronouncing names for 90 minutes.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Shahanga said:

So Simon Hill seems to have got the lemonade from Fox.

I can only presume he was the highest paid and it was a budget call, because he was their best commentator by a country mile. Hopefully he’ll turn up somewhere else, he’s too good to be lost to the game.

He probably wasn't one of the boys

On 26/07/2020 at 10:42 AM, Shahanga said:

So Simon Hill seems to have got the lemonade from Fox.

I can only presume he was the highest paid and it was a budget call, because he was their best commentator by a country mile. Hopefully he’ll turn up somewhere else, he’s too good to be lost to the game.

I reckon you're probably spot on. Potentially could have also been a bit of Simon reading the play too, and getting himself in premo position for the next deal.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

I reckon you're probably spot on. Potentially could have also been a bit of Simon reading the play too, and getting himself in premo position for the next deal.

I'm not sure people would climb over themselves for any of the other members of the commentary team depending on where Football ends up next year, though it would be genuinely surprising to not see Hill at it. 

• Like 1