Melbourne Football

Football Federation Australia National Roads and Motorists' Association Limited Insurance Westfied Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Melbourne Heart

Caddy

Poor first half from us. Why are we sending high balls that are easily cleared by the WSW CBs? We have no creativity and are playing with a huge defensive hole in midfield that WSW are constantly exploiting. Michinson looks good though

There is no plan, the players seem to be making up as they go.

I haven't been watching - can't bear it. Judging from your comments it's been pretty much a continuation of Wellington, Perth and CCM. I can't understand how we take a squad of perfectly good footballers and turn them into a rabble, seemingly with no creativity and no method. People keep saying - give them time, we're going to get better etc. etc. - but we're now five games in to a 27-game season, and by all accounts just getting worse. Just doesn't make sense. Is there something wrong inside the club that we don't know about?

Some improvement in the second half but still poor. Inexplicable own goal out of nothing from Gerhardt, JA still needs to work out how to play Tadic and DMac because Tadic disappeared from the game when he was playing deeper. Still poor positioning, poor movement in transition, poor first pass accuracy. Everytime we get a set piece or corner we may as well just pass the ball to the opposition keeper, we'd have more chance of scoring - our set pieces are very very poor. Long season until we get Fred fit (if ever) and Grella (if he can also get and stay fit). We'll probably look better later in the season but will really struggle to win at the moment.

I'm not sure why Thompson is starting ATM