Melbourne Football

Football Federation Australia National Roads and Motorists' Association Limited Insurance Westfied Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Melbourne Heart

Caddy

Moving right along after today's match...

After one match in Sydney the last 2 season this is now the first of 4 for this season. Anyone else going to Parramatta?

We'll need to be a million times better to beat WS they were great against roar...

Heart could have as few as 14 senior players to choose from with Fred (hamstring), Dylan Macallister (ribs) and Matt Thompson (corked thigh) to face fitness tests this week after succumbing to injury.

And teens Ben Garuccio and David Vrankovic will miss at least a fortnight, departing today for the Young Socceroos' AFC under-19 qualifiers in the United Arab Emirates.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-hearts-depth-to-be-tested-thanks-to-injury-and-representative-selection/story-e6frfg8x-1226504851154

Don’t be surprised if we win.

Wanderers are a little bit overrated here ..Bridge, Polenz, Kresinger, Elrich, Beauchamp are very average players...if colosimo can contain Gibbs and we sit back and counter attach with Dugan, Willio, Garcia with Tadic playing as the number 9 we could sneak with a 1-0 or 2-0 result.

Edited by Heart>Victory
  • Like 1

we have lost two games FFS. Its not fold the club time just yet ya bed-wetting panickers.

For me its not the two lost games (and the draw against the nux), its the way we have been playing that I find worrying. I am not saying that its time to fold the club, but this season seems to be going much the same way as the past two (with the exception of that great run we had) which is not good at all.

Maybe you are right BH, maybe I (and others) are just reacting out of frustration and anger at what we have seen during pre-season and the beginning of this season (minus the derby), but it does seem a little bit like groundhog day at Heart sometimes.

Got 0-0 or 1-0 loss writen all over it, but wouldnt mind seeing us try something similar too this:

---------------Bolton-------------------

Marrone – Colosimo - Gerhardt - Behich

-------Garcia---Kalmar----Thompson---------

--------------Dugandzic-----------------

-----------Tadic----Williams-----------

Possible formation - 4-3-3:

Bolton

Marrone - Colosimo - Gerhardt - Behich

Garcia - Hoffman - Kalmar

Dugandzic - Tadic - Williams

Bench: Redmayne - Gray - Thompson - McAllister

Seriously if Hoff dares to show his face on that Pitch on Friday night I will fuming, I am not going all the way to West Sydney to see that spud cost us any chance of a win.

I am sure others have noticed that as soon as Hoff comes on from that point u can basicly be sure we will not score again for the match.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Why are people benching Thompson and starting Kalmar/Roffman? It was only a corked thigh ffs, if he is fit enough to be on the bench, he's fit enough to start.

What I'd like to see are some youth lads given a chance, as this posses the perfect opportunity, with up to 7 seniors possibly missing from action (Germano, Mubrahtu, Macalister, Fred, Grella, Garrucio and Vrankovic).

Edited by LR9

Two players away on international duty, several injuries - our squad already looks so thin.

Surely, Gerhardt should be playing as DM? Wasn't he the DM signing the club was waiting for before we signed anyone else? And why waste a visa spot on Gray unless we actually play him as the left-sided CB? Also we signed Tadic as the central striker who kept Berisha on the bench at Arminia Bielefeld - so let's play him there.

There's been too much negative talk out of the club in the past two weeks - JA talking about CCM, Perth and Brisbane having the best squads in the league. Sounds like the ghost of Jv$.

Wellington did the job on us with seven players out. JA should be demanding the same from our boys. Aziz Behich tears his guts out for the shirt every time he steps onto the field, and that's what's needed from everyone. I don't care how ugly it is but we need at least a draw in this game.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Heart Ready to Fire: Williams

Melbourne Heart will soon click into a run of good form to get the A-League talking.

So says striker David Williams, who believes the Heart can soon mirror their training track efforts and snap back to the form of their opening game and a half of the season.

That produced a dominant week-one win over Melbourne Victory and a delightful first half of touch and invention without capitalising against Wellington Phoenix, eventually drawing 1-1.

But two subsequent defeats to Perth Glory and Central Coast Mariners pitch the Heart as a team with more question marks than clear answers about their ability to challenge this season.

"I guarantee we will go through a run of form quite soon that will get a lot of people talking about Melbourne Heart," Williams said on Wednesday.

"I feel as a team collectively we've been doing very well on the training park, but it's hard to talk about training because no one really sees training - they only see the games."

While it is early to be talking about season-defining matches, the Heart's Parramatta Stadium clash with Western Sydney Wanderers on Friday night would appear critical for the visitors to relaunch.

The Wanderers are on a high, after the club's first win in their brief history over champions Brisbane Roar last weekend, and have impressed with their organisation and competitiveness.

Williams admits to being impressed with the Wanderers, who have former Heart assistant Ante Milicic on staff.

But he believes the Heart will succeed for the rest of the season if they back themselves more, especially when on goal.

"We have the backing of the coaches but, when we go out there, we have to 100 per cent know it's a game for us and be confident of winning.

"For the strikers, it's backing yourself to score. Defenders - it might be to win their 50-50 battles.

"It's the confidence you give yourself. If you don't back yourself to actually know you can do the job, you probably won't do it."

Few have benefited more from Heart's change of coach from John van 't Schip to John Aloisi than Williams.

Reduced to a peripheral figure under the Dutchman, the 24-year-old has been emphatically backed in by his new coach.

An invigorated performance echoing his North Queensland Fury form a couple of seasons ago - which took him to the brink of Socceroo selection - came in week one, with a goal in the win over the Victory.

"For a variety of reasons, I feel a lot better this year, and happy with how we are as a club," Williams said.

http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz2ArpvWfh3

Edited by Murfy1

-------------------Bolton---------------------

Marrone-----Colosimo---Gray---Behich

------------Gerhardt---Thompson--------

-Dugandzic------Garcia------Williams---

---------------------Tadic--------------------

Subs:

Redmayne

Hoffman

Kalmar

Macallister

This!

But would like to see youth(s) on the bench.

What do you mean proven and on form? Williams

Are you telling me williams has not been playing well???

Victory - One of the BOG

Wellington - Did Not Play

Perth - Serviceable in a poor team.

CCM - Fought hard. Barely gave a poor ball. Offered us something when nobody else did. One of our best.

Much better than what Tadic has ever offered.

Ask yourself one question....Why has D Mac been picked to start over Tadic???........Whats your response?

Why has Dmac been picked? Initially I would have said would have to have been due to preseason and the time of Tadic's arrival. With Dmac being with the team for longer and having scored in preseason. Tadic came late into preseason and would need more time with the squad, I would have given Dmac the start for the first couple games too.

Yes Williams is also playing well. Derby man of the match, perhaps. However if he was any decent of a CF he would have put an extra couple balls into the back of the net in that match, instead he drove a couple one on ones straight into Thomas. I'd much rather see Williams out on the wings putting in the ball for Tadic.

Why am I so insistent on Tadic up front. Dmac and Williams have scored 12 in 59 and 10 in 58 appearances in the a-league respectively. Hardly proven strikers. What we need up front is a smeltz or berisha someone who can be counted on to score goals weeks in, week out. Tadic was keeping berisha out of the side at Arminia Bielefeld, and Tadic of all 3 players has the potential to be the better striker of the 3. If Dmac is not at 100% match fitness, Tadic should get the spot up front.

• Like 1

Why has Dmac been picked? Initially I would have said would have to have been due to preseason and the time of Tadic's arrival. With Dmac being with the team for longer and having scored in preseason. Tadic came late into preseason and would need more time with the squad, I would have given Dmac the start for the first couple games too.

Yes Williams is also playing well. Derby man of the match, perhaps. However if he was any decent of a CF he would have put an extra couple balls into the back of the net in that match, instead he drove a couple one on ones straight into Thomas. I'd much rather see Williams out on the wings putting in the ball for Tadic.

Why am I so insistent on Tadic up front. Dmac and Williams have scored 12 in 59 and 10 in 58 appearances in the a-league respectively. Hardly proven strikers. What we need up front is a smeltz or berisha someone who can be counted on to score goals weeks in, week out. Tadic was keeping berisha out of the side at Arminia Bielefeld, and Tadic of all 3 players has the potential to be the better striker of the 3. If Dmac is not at 100% match fitness, Tadic should get the spot up front.

100% agree with all of this. Plus Dmac would seemingly make a better sub if he is "preferred" so that he can presumably make an impact.

Re: Thompson - his injury that took him off last week may or may not have healed/disappeared. If he is questionable, I would rather have him on the bench to make a 30 min impact and start a "fringe" player than have him out there from the start, get him re-injured earlier on and then have him out longer. Plus, as many have eluded to, it's very open to a Gerhardt midfield role. As well as a Dugandzis "Number 8" role as well.

• Like 1

Are you telling me williams has not been playing well???

Victory - One of the BOG

Wellington - Did Not Play

Perth - Serviceable in a poor team.

CCM - Fought hard. Barely gave a poor ball. Offered us something when nobody else did. One of our best.

Much better than what Tadic has ever offered.

Ask yourself one question....Why has D Mac been picked to start over Tadic???........Whats your response?

This is why I can't discuss football on these forums anymore.

• Like 1

Friday, 2 November 2012

Western Sydney Wanderers v Melbourne Heart

Venue: Parramatta Stadium

Kick off: 7:30PM

Referee: Regis Queffelec

Assistant Ref 1: Matthew Cream

Assistant Ref 2: Scott Edeling

Fourth official: Stephen Lucas

Live and exclusive broadcast on FOX Sports 1HD and Sky Sport 3.

Radio broadcast: ABC Grandstand Digital & online