Melbourne Football

Matchday 19: v Wellington - Saturday 15th February 5pm at Eden Park

Harrison

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

This Wales hate is ridiculous.

Yes he isn’t very good but can nobody on here put age, salary and experience in perspective. Just wait, you guys will blame for this possible loss.

Half our senior players are invisible.

his basically our robbie kruse, fucking useless

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, n i k o said:

He's nearly 24 and has no end product, can't shoot, can't score. He's cooked. Nothing personal at all. He's just fucking dogshit.  

He certainly is.

Can you make the same summary for me about Maclaren, Florin, Noone? Over 1.5mil in wages a season alone there. What I’m saying that we can’t seem be objective here.

Edited by Mr MO

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

He certainly is.

Can you make the same summary for me about Maclaren, Florin, Noone? Over 1.5mil in wages a season alone there. What I’m saying that can’t seem be objective here.

Even Florin has shown more in his city career than wales which was only 1 game... Jmac has credits in the bank. Think we’ve seen enough of him 

Just now, Mr MO said:

He certainly is.

Can you make the same summary for me about Maclaren, Florin, Noone? Over 1.5mil in wages a season alone there. What I’m saying that can’t seem be objective here.

No. MacLaren is a top goal scorer. Florin I've already criticized in the past. And Noone I've already been critical of but he has had a few good games. Wales had had none. Zero. He's been shit every game. He runs a lot and does little else. Those others had shit games but they've had good games this season. Wales can't lay claim to that. 

Yep Wales was poor. Wasted chances, gave the ball up cheaply. Thing is though he was replacing Noone, who (one decent shot on target aside) was just as crap. 

We lost coz we were exposed down the right channel (again) and because we wasted gettable chances - Maclaren twice in the first half, Good with the worst volley from inside the area I’ve seen and Wales scared to go for the ball. 

The table flatters us right now, but it won’t for long. Well done Nix 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, n i k o said:

No. MacLaren is a top goal scorer. Florin I've already criticized in the past. And Noone I've already been critical of but he has had a few good games. Wales had had none. Zero. He's been shit every game. He runs a lot and does little else. Those others had shit games but they've had good games this season. Wales can't lay claim to that. 

Have to break it to you but the likes of MacLaren, No one and the invisible Berenguer lost this game - not an emergency substitute. 

Just to clear it up I’m talking about this game in isolation.

20 minutes ago, neio said:

What's going OK with Genreau? He would been one of the first people I'd put when chasing the game, he is creative and positive when got the ball. Has he just jot come back from olyroos is great fitness or touch, or is he just not in Erick plans at the moment? 

This has got me scratching my head too.

Overall we were creating good plays through the midfield and arguably should have been at least level when Florin was subbed off. I would have thought either Genreau or Metcalfe should have come on to keep the midfield dominance going because we were clearly on top through that area and it was probably our best chance to save the game.

If anything Najjar should have been central up forward as he is taller and was a better chance to win aerial battle seeing that Mombaets changed tactics.

Not sure what to make of it.

Well someone at the club must see something in Wales - what that is I don't know but for me, Wales has been tried often enough and because of his lack of finish and composure he needs to be dropped. The perseverance is perplexing and I definitely would have brought in Genreau then Naijar although for the latter I don't think he will make it.

Game was calling out for some quality in midfield.  Genreau should have come on for Florin. I think he would combine well with Suseata. Wales is a low percentage option ... so wasteful. No point bringing on Najar and playing him wide,  he's a center forward,  play him there.  JMac should have come off... maybe he's carrying a niggle cos he's clearly off at the moment.  Bye will do the boys good ... final reset before the run home. 

• Like 1

If my memory serves me correctly it has been rare that we've won a match directly after a Derby win. Which tells me that we're still the same old, same old mentally weak outfit. Teams worthy of trophies get at least a point out of a match like this, and once more we've failed. It's what I expected would happen.

Sorry to say that I'm quite disappointed with Mombaerts these last few weeks. Players such as Noone, Berenguer and even Maclaren have disappointed week after week but he has persisted with them.

As far as I am concerned we know exactly where we're at. Pretty much the same place we've been most seasons.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

If my memory serves me correctly it has been rare that we've won a match directly after a Derby win. Which tells me that we're still the same old, same old mentally weak outfit. Teams worthy of trophies get at least a point out of a match like this, and once more we've failed. It's what I expected would happen.

Sorry to say that I'm quite disappointed with Mombaerts these last few weeks. Players such as Noone, Berenguer and even Maclaren have disappointed week after week but he has persisted with them.

As far as I am concerned we know exactly where we're at. Pretty much the same place we've been most seasons.

Come on JW, we are still second and it was Wales his fault 😉

Sarcasm aside, I’m expecting a bounce back to fight for the top spots, dropping back to fifth is perhaps where we belong but I get a feeling we were a little complacent.

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Come on JW, we are still second and it was Wales his fault 😉

Sarcasm aside, I’m expecting a bounce back to fight for the top spots, dropping back to fifth is perhaps where we belong but I get a feeling we were a little complacent.

Why on earth do we belong fifth?

39 minutes ago, rass said:

Why on earth do we belong fifth?

I don’t know, it’s the way football works - if you don’t win enough games and others do you drop down the ladder. I don’t hope so. 

Talking City had an excellent article about this post game. Personally I see us as the third best team but a little bit of bad luck you easily see yourself in 4th or 5th spot. It’s all about beating your nearest competition, Adelaide, Perth and Wellington - we haven’t beaten them recently.

Edited by Mr MO

10 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Well someone at the club must see something in Wales - what that is I don't know but for me, Wales has been tried often enough and because of his lack of finish and composure he needs to be dropped. The perseverance is perplexing and I definitely would have brought in Genreau then Naijar although for the latter I don't think he will make it.

You’re dead right. And guess who that genius is. A lollipop if you guessed dogshit PK.