Melbourne Football

Matchday 19: v Wellington - Saturday 15th February 5pm at Eden Park

Harrison

Really, really need to win this. We simply cannot lose, which would be the most Melbourne City thing to do after a tough win. This is pretty much a six pointer.  

Perth just put four goals past Wellington, sitting back as they normally do. Might see something similar from us, after we did the same to Victory. Some dangerous players to be wary of so our defence will have to be on.

Unchanged XI you’d think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah we need to keep winning right now, but this has added potency given Wellington’s table position.

Obviously they aren’t actually “at home” but given they’re the only kiwi team I can’t see the crowd make up changing much.

FWIW Wellington have been the 3rd best home team in the league (behind Scum FC & Us) with 16 points from 8 games, so it is a tough fixture.

Whoever plays right back for them we will have to target. Fenton is injured and Payne who has been doing OK there is suspended. So whoever plays there will be make shift

Also have to put some attention into Davilla. IMO he is winning JW medal at the moment, I imagine that Griffiths might be given that task 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, neio said:

Whoever plays right back for them we will have to target. Fenton is injured and Payne who has been doing OK there is suspended. So whoever plays there will be make shift

Also have to put some attention into Davilla. IMO he is winning JW medal at the moment, I imagine that Griffiths might be given that task 

Agree on Davilla, he's an out and out gun. If he played for an Aus based team, we'd be hearing so much more about him. 

14 hours ago, neio said:

Id say Griffiths will stay as CB. IMO he should have been CB as soon as Windbich went down

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Tom GLOVER (gk), 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 14.Markel SUSAETA, 17.Denis GENREAU, 19.Lachlan WALES, 20.Adrian LUNA, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 30.Moudi NAJJAR, 36.Kerrin STOKES, 34.Connor METCALFE, 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 23.Dean BOUZANIS (returns to squad), 30.Moudi NAJJAR (promoted), 34.Connor METCALFE (returns from injury)

Outs: 46.Joe GAUCI (omitted)

Unavailable: 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE (suspended - 1 week), 5.Jack HENDRY (knee), 40.Richard WINDBICHLER (hamstring)

14 hours ago, Harrison said:

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Tom GLOVER (gk), 2.Scott GALLOWAY, 3.Scott JAMIESON, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Rostyn GRIFFITHS, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Florin BERENGUER 11.Craig NOONE, 13.Nathaniel ATKINSON, 14.Markel SUSAETA, 17.Denis GENREAU, 19.Lachlan WALES, 20.Adrian LUNA, 21.Ramy NAJJARINE, 22.Curtis GOOD, 23.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 30.Moudi NAJJAR, 36.Kerrin STOKES, 34.Connor METCALFE, 49.Stefan COLAKOVSKI

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 23.Dean BOUZANIS (returns to squad), 30.Moudi NAJJAR (promoted), 34.Connor METCALFE (returns from injury)

Outs: 46.Joe GAUCI (omitted)

Unavailable: 4.Harrison DELBRIDGE (suspended - 1 week), 5.Jack HENDRY (knee), 40.Richard WINDBICHLER (hamstring)

Omit Deano pls

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Can’t see who you’d drop for metcalfe after our midfield 3 was awesome !

Very true the mids were excellent last week, personally though I really rate Metcalfe as an emerging player. Seems to see the whole pitch in front of him and passes with an attacking mindset. Big call but I think there’s a bit of Mooy about him. 

3 minutes ago, Dezy94 said:

Very true the mids were excellent last week, personally though I really rate Metcalfe as an emerging player. Seems to see the whole pitch in front of him and passes with an attacking mindset. Big call but I think there’s a bit of Mooy about him. 

Yeah I rate him too and would’ve been picking him over Florin all season but just not this week ! 

• Thanks 1