Melbourne Football

Sunday 28 October - 3:00pm - Melbourne v Mariners

Heart>Victory

I really don't understand why people leave our games early. It can't be to beat the crowd, there was only 6k! Plus we were only 1-0 down so high chance of still getting a draw. We didn't play we'll, but there's always a chance to score one goal.

I understand leaving an EPL game with 50k when you're down 3-0 or same for an AFL game with a big crowd and being 50 points down.

I just don't get coming all the way, then leaving when you might miss a huge moment in the game. But that's just me I guess. Obviously different if kids involved.

• Like 1

so fucking pissed off it wasn't funny with todays performance. Its funny for a team called heart, we hardly play with any.

Man fucking tadic how did he not score today?? Disappointed with him at the moment but due to no Macallister we

are going to just have to grit our teeth and support him through this period of time. He doesn't score by the next game,

people get your torches and pitchforks out!!! Also suprised by the amount of love for garuccio today. He seemed to be

a turnover machine and even though showed glimpes of skill, he showed a really poor performance today. Was i

watching another game?

I didn't go/couldn't watch the match today but judging by the posts in this thread it sounds like the match was similar to the previous two. Not creating enough chances, moving the ball too slowly, Garcia and Gerhardt playing well etc.

Not sure why people are surprised with the attendance, it was only slightly under our average last year and considering it was a Sunday, we're in bad form and CCM are a pretty boring team I don't think 6.3k is even slightly surprising.

We're a disgrace, on field and off.

I can't comment too much about the on field stuff but the off field stuff has been slowly deteriorating. Hard to keep going at the level we were last year when its obvious that so many cunts no longer are as passionate as they were 12 months ago.

Obviously this is not directed at everyone and some people are as passionate as they were over 2 years ago but the number of keen people has severely dropped over the last 12 months.

This is not a personal dig at all either but I feel like a lot of the drop off has been mostly in the youth too, not all of you and not only the youth though either.

Also, this isn't related to this game either, like I said it's slowly been getting worse for a while now

Tardic. Need I say anything?

It's Tadic. Consider this your last warning.

Pathetic, they need to be boo'd when performances like these are put on display, embarrassing, disgraceful, weak to start..

Never ever boo your own side regardless, that's what support is all about. Stay positive, we're not that far away, Grella coming in is going to make a huge difference. The refs are still the ones hurting us more than ourselves anyway, should have been 0-0 today,

• Like 1

Never ever boo your own side regardless, that's what support is all about. Stay positive, we're not that far away, Grella coming in is going to make a huge difference. The refs are still the ones hurting us more than ourselves anyway, should have been 0-0 today,

we are fans not supporters. we have to voice our opinion (in this case booing when necessary) to show the team that they are not performing.

• Like 2

The only way to fix the terrance is to get two andos. simple.

The back and the front are so disjointed but i still think people are singing.

Its just about getting cohesion

I don't think more than one of me is good for anyone, especially if there's rum involved.

• Like 3

You don't think the players are hurting enough and can figure this out for themselves?

Exactly.

I always clap no matter what. I think it's bad enough some people don't clap but the booing disgusts me. Keep your silence if you must but booing is so insulting. You don't think they want to win? You don't think they are trying their hearts out? The problems is with the coaching not the players.

I have a right to show my frustration for a performance like that, the boo's are short, just a message saying I'm/we're not happy, improve. Happens all over the world.

I paid money & stood there for 90 minutes urging them on so when they don't I/we have a right to show the frustration. I'm all for singing when we're behind to show I'm still behind them but when nothing happens I'm bound to show I'm not happy.

You don't think the players are hurting enough and can figure this out for themselves?

No, sometimes player simply do not want to win enough and/or aren't performing at a good enough level and they should be told that it's not good enough.

That said, I think you should always support your team during the match.

I think it's bad enough some people don't clap but the booing disgusts me. Keep your silence if you must but booing is so insulting.

lol ffs, you're offended by people booing? Go back to watching tennis and golf ffs.

I can't comment too much about the on field stuff but the off field stuff has been slowly deteriorating. Hard to keep going at the level we were last year when its obvious that so many cunts no longer are as passionate as they were 12 months ago.

Obviously this is not directed at everyone and some people are as passionate as they were over 2 years ago but the number of keen people has severely dropped over the last 12 months.

This is not a personal dig at all either but I feel like a lot of the drop off has been mostly in the youth too, not all of you and not only the youth though either.

This. I'm a younger lad, although technically not youth anymore, and I definitely see the main problem is the middle where there's a bunch of kids. They're in the terrace for the bragging rights, not for the actual support. Genuinely feels like if we had half the numbers, closer together we'd be 10 times louder.

There's also the older ones who just stand there, and only sing when it's the song they, or one of their mates started.

The passion isn't there, unless it's a derby. Seems that way on the field aswell.

• Like 2

Well to be fair it is probably better that we do boo them after continued poor performances to let them know they have been consistently sub-par since pre-season (with the exception of the derby). After all we are the ones that will turn up regardless of what ever garbage they serve up on the day. Its the ones who are silent that the club should be worried about. They are the ones who simply not come back.

There is a famous quote I read somewhere which perfectly sums up the modern supporter and I think every MHFC staff member should have it tattooed on their forehead in reverse so that every time they look in the mirror they read it.

"I dont mind if we lose. I just want to be entertained"

• Like 1

I thought the booing at the end of the game from the western wing was directed at the referee rather than the players. He had a poor game indeed and seemed to be intent on penalising Heart at every opportunity.

TBH I'm surprised that 6,300 people are still coming in through the gates. Our home record is appalling. Goals scored and results.

In the circumstances IMO the fans have every reason and every right to express their opinions loud and clear.

Highlights for me was seeing Willo (and many others) actually tackling, nicking balls and putting pressure. Highlight for

me was Aziz's touch line slide save to keep the ball in play.

Lost op when Thommo hesitated when he thought he was offside and the CCM were stunned.

Lots of turnovers though and missed chances to just put laces thru ball.

I thought the booing at the end of the game from the western wing was directed at the referee rather than the players. He had a poor game indeed and seemed to be intent on penalising Heart at every opportunity.

TBH I'm surprised that 6,300 people are still coming in through the gates. Our home record is appalling. Goals scored and results.

In the circumstances IMO the fans have every reason and every right to express their opinions loud and clear.

thats what i thought... i thought it was at the ref because the reffing today was shit absoulte shit

thats what i thought... i thought it was at the ref because the reffing today was shit absoulte shit

i sit in the western wing and i can guarantee that the boos were to the squad. it was the loudest i have heard our section ever boo.

BTW the refereeing was not that bad to be booing. We played poorly.

Matthew Ryan can put the ball on a dime, the amount of balls he hit Bojic and Rose with was amazing, he's a huge talent.

Gerhardt was good again, although if we do play the pragmatic approach which we seem fairly intent on playing, he's got to stay as a Centre Half as he sat way to deep as a defensive midfielder when Vrankovic came on, atlhough its hardly his fault, he hasn't really played there this year with us, it could work out as he's pretty uncompromising in the tackle and threw McBreen around a few times, not an easy task.

Garuccio (whose name I cannot pronounce, any help lads?) looked good, did some smart things in patches, although got sucked into the middle a few too many times, it didn't cost us, but in the formation we play he had to stick wider, he had the pace to cover back when he was caught out of position, its hard to give it to the debutant, but if I had to have a criticism it would be the lack of time he spent moving with the ball, he's got a bit of speed on him by all accounts and he was guilty of holding it up when he had space ahead of him, as were the rest of the boys though.

Matt Thompson works and he'll do so no matter where we put him. A nod to him.

Now, the thing that frustrated me most (apart from the fact that I went with shorts and t-shirt and then ended up in the shade where it was cold) was the man up front. Macallister looked injured early on and couldn't really move about, however (and this is an easy thing to pick up from the stands) he never gets the ball with his back facing the goal. We pass Gerhardt to Colosimo, to Behich, back through the Centre Halves, which is fine, but for some reason yesterday after playing it around the options was always a long, long cross field ball which was a bit aimless. Ideally, what I'd like to see as Williams and Garuccio had dragged their men touchline wide, was the lone man up front looking to exploit some of the space between the Centre Halves and their wing backs. Their halves sat quite deep, so there was a lateral gap between the two sets of players too. Gerhardt especially looks to have the ability to make a pass, so how about finding Macallister early, the pass was unplayable yesterday, the space was there, but when the ball is in our backline, Macallister stayed too central for my liking, same with Tadic, who looked a little better, but doesn't really want to receive the ball with his back to goal, its not really his thing.

Still, with a lucky break (Tadic/Garcia) we could have easily walked away with 3 points.

Matt Thompson works and he'll do so no matter where we put him. A nod to him.

Thompson is past it. His ball delivery was pathetic. His turn over led to the free kick that cost us the goal. Every time he has the ball we have a 50% chance it will reach its intended target. He can run, but he cannot pass.

At one stage he played a ball that should have gone on the floor, in the air. Young ben could not reach it. IT WAS UNDER 10 STUFF!

Once Grella returns Thompson will be on the bench. Given how well mate played, i think he would be a better pick in midfield than thompson.

Edited by markn

We've gotta start playing a 4-4-2 or even a 3-5-2 with two holding mids. It's the best formation for the players we have. D-Mac as the target man and Williams playing his best position as the No. 2 striker. We can also get all our midfield talent onto the park. Germano, Fred, Mate, Grella, Garcia could all play in the midfield and have Gerhardt and Gray/Colosimo/Vrankovic as the CB's. This leaves a bench of Thompson, Tadic and Vrankovic/Colosino/Gray. C'mon JA. Play to our strengths.

• Like 3

So you'll be taking Garcia to task for the ones he sent flying over Ben's head then?

Thompson is a trier, he doesn't throw his head back he gets up and does his job, Covers the wingbacks well too, then gets up and moves forward, an engine room of Garcia and Grella might see more passes, but even less guys getting forward and helping out.

We've gotta start playing a 4-4-2 or even a 3-5-2 with two holding mids. It's the best formation for the players we have. D-Mac as the target man and Williams playing his best position as the No. 2 striker. We can also get all our midfield talent onto the park. Germano, Fred, Mate, Grella, Garcia could all play in the midfield and have Gerhardt and Gray/Colosimo/Vrankovic as the CB's. This leaves a bench of Thompson, Tadic and Vrankovic/Colosino/Gray. C'mon JA. Play to our strengths.

Glad your not at the helm... ;)

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1