Melbourne Football

dale cavese

turnermate

Whats with west syd thinking that they have some sort of religious right to dale cavese? It's like they are offended when someone else does the chant even though teams like victory,heart (etc) have been using the chant before wanderers even existed...

We aren't. Once again, don't let the opinions of a few people on FFT and WSF let that be the opinion of the entire RBB caucus.

The general group don't care that you guys do Dale Cavese. I started the thread to simply ask whether you guys did or not.

If you stole one of the other chants we did adapt into our own, the ones that will become our signature chants, we would be a tad annoyed. As im sure you guys would if we stole yours.

We dont claim a divine right, however a few guys are oblivious to it being done in the a-league before...simply because they never used to watch the A-League. I'm sure thats understandable right?

We aren't. Once again, don't let the opinions of a few people on FFT and WSF let that be the opinion of the entire RBB caucus.

The general group don't care that you guys do Dale Cavese. I started the thread to simply ask whether you guys did or not.

If you stole one of the other chants we did adapt into our own, the ones that will become our signature chants, we would be a tad annoyed. As im sure you guys would if we stole yours.

We dont claim a divine right, however a few guys are oblivious to it being done in the a-league before...simply because they never used to watch the A-League. I'm sure thats understandable right?

Understandable. Still not gonna change my opinion that RBB are the new self righteous kids on the block. I've even heard a couple of the RBB saying that they have the best active support in Australia... I have nothing against you, though i do reckon some of your boys need an ego check. I look forward to seeing the numbers you guys will bring down to Melbourne, seeming that you guys have the best support in the league.

• Like 2

Understandable. Still not gonna change my opinion that RBB are the new self righteous kids on the block. I've even heard a couple of the RBB saying that they have the best active support in Australia... I have nothing against you, though i do reckon some of your boys need an ego check. I look forward to seeing the numbers you guys will bring down to Melbourne, seeming that you guys have the best support in the league.

Fair enough. Most of our guys are passionate. I do believe that our style could potentially make us ONE of the best active supports in the league. It has potential. We aren't there yet. many teething problems I can tell you that from ground zero.

I respect your point but I know these boys personally now, I can also tell you they have a heap of respect for the Melbourne bunch, yourselves and Victory fans for the support you bring.

I personally believe the Melbourne derby is still the biggest. and Melbourne is the sporting capital of Australia.

• Like 1

Fair enough. Most of our guys are passionate. I do believe that our style could potentially make us ONE of the best active supports in the league. It has potential. We aren't there yet. many teething problems I can tell you that from ground zero.

I respect your point but I know these boys personally now, I can also tell you they have a heap of respect for the Melbourne bunch, yourselves and Victory fans for the support you bring.

I personally believe the Melbourne derby is still the biggest. and Melbourne is the sporting capital of Australia.

Yer, possibility only time will tell. I'd still rather you lot over the cove. The cove Are easily the biggest bunch of tools to grace Australian sport. Looking forward to seeing the numbers you bring to Melbourne should be a good indication were you fellas are at.

Yer, possibility only time will tell. I'd still rather you lot over the cove. The cove Are easily the biggest bunch of tools to grace Australian sport. Looking forward to seeing the numbers you bring to Melbourne should be a good indication were you fellas are at.

Unfortunantely our big trip is the Victory game, not sure about the heart. I'm going for both. But regardless rememeber we are from western sydney. We are broke fuckers...

There's plenty of potential there, I'll be following RBB's evolution with a certain amount of detached interest over the season.

feel free to jump on our forums ando and follow a bit closer. you can rule the roost on the melbourne heart thread...

sorry for the multiple posts...on our forum it bunches them all in the one...apologies

Just signed up, but no pinned MH thread :(

Probably wont be on there too much, but will be sure to say g'day every no and again

I lose track of the threads.

New plan. I need some sort of comedic HA sorta name for them. As you saw there are random ones that are just pisstakes.. Suggestions for hearts? I'll let you choose as long as its clever

I lose track of the threads.

New plan. I need some sort of comedic HA sorta name for them. As you saw there are random ones that are just pisstakes.. Suggestions for heart? I'll let you choose as long as its clever

Maybe ask an MV fan, but I doubt you will get anything clever. Something about green seats or Moreland no doubt. I would probably go with a wheelie bin gag myself

Maybe ask an MV fan, but I doubt you will get anything clever. Something about green seats or Moreland no doubt. I would probably go with a wheelie bin gag myself

My bad.... Heart*

Hmm I didn't want it to be derogatory, but something you want to call it. You get to be the only club with a respectable title. I will probably go with "The Greatest Club in Melbourne" just to stir the butthurt Victory-less fans

• Like 1

What's with all your newsbot made threads? Too many pointless threads!

Fuck I hate newsbot, but I can't deactivate it. I guess its useful sometimes so I don't have to make the news article thread. Thats only on the A-league subforum. The pinned threads are all for the teams

can i be the guy who everyone hates like i am on this forum?

Yes. Please. Be hilarious but not idiotic. there is a fine line. I will not block you

I dont know whos saying we're the best.. But its not us core boys.. We have a lot of improvement.. No matter how many newbies say they love the atmosphere.. Its a stepping stone process.. It was going to take time..

We only see this as a breath of fresh air for the league in terms of active support..

Western sydney >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> north qld, gold coast..

In terms of why a few boys were upset because when scc disappeared 5 years ago.. We had all these chants.. That went to the cove and other supporters.. And were assraped.. We surrendered like 10 chants, But kept "dale cavese" "who do you sing for" and "score a goal"

I remember 3 years ago turning on the tv and watch ccm.. And they were doing our original "sainti pauli - we love you.." i was burning.. But thats the way the footbAll support scene is..

Even to this day hearing the cove do "mi sentimento" by LBDT makes me angry..

Anyways .. Moving on

You're pissed off at clubs ripping off your ripped off chants?

I know the anger you feel having chants that you've done be bastardised by clubs (sometimes even your rivals), as we've gone through it with NT directly ripping 2-3 of our chants last year. But instead of bitching about - we went about bringing obscure and original chants into the terrace songbook for us to really make our own and maybe we'll see some originality in terms of chants on our terrace this year.

Basically - NT doing our chants has only inspired us to create our own, perhaps you WSW boys should adopt a similar mentality and go create the unique and respected home end that EVERYONE knows you are capable of having.

Until then, shh m8. Your bloody team hasn't even scored a goal yet.

Edited by marteaux
  • Like 1