• 10 Berenguer
    • 20 Luna
    • 14 Susaeta
    • 9 Maclaren
    • 11 Noone
    • 19 Wales
    • 2 Galloway

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/20 at 01:00 AM

I thought Luna, immense performance from start to finish and even channelled our former fiery short South American against that diving muppet Kruse. 

Edit: I just rewatched the first goal and when Luna is running into the box he is pointing for JMac to run out to the wing to drag a defender or two with him to create space. I am starting to like this bloke alot.

Berenguer with his best (by far) performance to date. If he keeps this up I would be open to bring convinced that he should be re-signed (albeit not as marquee).

Susaeta is looking the goods. Work rate is high, with good footballing brain. Saw him a few times wait a split second for a defender to be wrong footed before pulling the trigger on a pass. 

Brillante was solid and played a typical game of his of doing 'unremarkable' things that set the tempo of our midfield and attack - was good that the rest of midfield stepped up to ensure his usual good work wasn't in vain.

Griffith solid AF and composed - no more needs to be said.

Good was solid as well and pulled out a spectacular block on Toivenen (iirc)

Glover had a very good game except for the brain fart and the howler. I still feel nervous about him coming to collect the ball, but I think that is more PTSD from Bouzanis fucking up a few times.

Edited by malloy
grammar/spelling
  • Like 2

I thought Susaeta showed real moments of class this game which is why I voted for him. Timing of his passes, awareness around him and quick closing down. He looks like he’s getting better with every minute. Only problem is that most players around him aren’t up to his level so he often looks for a return pass or run that never comes. 

Best game so far from Frenchy......but I’m sorry folks, I remain really unconvinced.

Honourable mention for Atkinson tonight. Nabbout remains one of the hardest tasks in the A-league and I thought the kid matched him when it mattered.

• Like 3

Luna for me. There were some good performances elsewhere too, even Maclaren I thought with his runs that drew defenders away. Atkinson a good game too. Can't give it to Berenguer - he goes missing for too long too often for my liking, and Noone frustrates me. Still not convinced by Susaeta.

Glover will recover from those two horror moments - he made two important saves in the opening minutes, and IMO generally reads the play well in terms of coming off his line.

Overall a good team performance and how sweet it is to have a Derby win!

• Like 1

Berenguer. The guy scored and got a sublime assist, in addition to doing a tonne of defensive work box to box. Stats say three tackles, seven duels won and four interceptions, which puts him at the top for us. Went at 88 per cent passing completion and was classy all night with good link-up play. 

• Like 3

Griff. Hasn't played regularly, slotting into an unpreffered position and absolutely dominated Toivinen. Although Florin and Luna were good the centre backs looked solid as a rock.  

After last weeks shambles at set pieces we were without our 2 tallest players against a very tall Victory team and we only really had Roux look dangerous from a header. Griff gives us some composure at the back, he's a big presence but doesn't dive in and seems to have a calming effect on those around him, where we usually have Delbo taking heavy touches and slide tackling anything that moves.

8 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Griff. Hasn't played regularly, slotting into an unpreffered position and absolutely dominated Toivinen. Although Florin and Luna were good the centre backs looked solid as a rock.  

After last weeks shambles at set pieces we were without our 2 tallest players against a very tall Victory team and we only really had Roux look dangerous from a header. Griff gives us some composure at the back, he's a big presence but doesn't dive in and seems to have a calming effect on those around him, where we usually have Delbo taking heavy touches and slide tackling anything that moves.

Playing on Toivonen is very easy for a player like Griffiths, similar build, both not too quick and Ola isn’t as mobile. Griff is experienced and reads the play well. Different type of strikers might be more problematic.

Have we noticed that Brillante lost his man again at the Roux corner? Very similar as in the Adelaide game. I need to watch the replay to see who was marking Roux initially.