Melbourne Football

Matchday 18: v Victory - Friday 7th February 7.30pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

10 hours ago, mhfcwa said:

Watched the replay again this morning, with the Visas firing, one really good thing to see was Luna stepping up against Kruse after Berengeur put him on his ass. Gives the impressing they actually give a shit about their teammates and the badge

it's true but realistically, who wouldn't wanna square up with Kruse though

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Too much Jamo hate on here.

What I love about him is he goes in hard, especially in derbies. There was a moment on Friday when he had a 50-50 and went in as hard as he could. That kind of thing is exactly what you want from a leader, and he was in the wars all game, so he didn’t back down.

Edit: I think the tackle was probably a red. Had that been on a City player I would be calling for a red, just because it was dangerous and he’d already got the ball away. 

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Harrison said:

What I love about him is he goes in hard, especially in derbies. There was a moment on Friday when he had a 50-50 and went in as hard as he could. That kind of thing is exactly what you want from a leader, and he was in the wars all game, so he didn’t back down.

Edit: I think the tackle was probably a red.

...he can go in hard, but don't get a red

2 hours ago, Nate said:

Kilkenny was worse, made so by the fact that he'd always bitch and whine post-match.

Yeah not a fan of that behaviour either, at least Kilkenny was an excellent performer on the pitch.

I mentioned this before, Jamo was giving Brillante a mouthful in an unpleasant way, don’t think Josh really cared, hard to earn respect if you can’t pass a ball straight yourself.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

what does my fucking head in is the amount of times he shoots from distance and doesn't get it anywhere near the goals and then the fucking around at corners where we play it short and then to jamo closer to the box so he can massively over hit the cross, just give our big guys a chance and send it directly to them from the corner ffs 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

what does my fucking head in is the amount of times he shoots from distance and doesn't get it anywhere near the goals and then the fucking around at corners where we play it short and then to jamo closer to the box so he can massively over hit the cross, just give our big guys a chance and send it directly to them from the corner ffs 

IMO we waste a lot of our dead-ball situations. What does my head in is to take a free-kick in our attacking half backwards and then play it all the way back to our 'keeper.

• Like 2

On 10/02/2020 at 11:19 AM, Missing_Moy said:

Was the jamo tackle On kamsoba a red ?

i think it was in between a red and yellow tbh 

donachie should’ve had 2 yellows but 

If it was a tard tackling one of our players, yes, but as it was being delivered by one of our guys on a tard, the yellow was absolutely approriate, and the equivalent of a gold medal.

I had a few tard supporters whinge to me that it should have been a red, and I agreed and also explained that it was enjoyable to watch (as was the Griff handball)

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

If it was a tard tackling one of our players, yes, but as it was being delivered by one of our guys on a tard, the yellow was absolutely approriate, and the equivalent of a gold medal.

I had a few tard supporters whinge to me that it should have been a red, and I agreed and also explained that it was enjoyable to watch (as was the Griff handball)

Was the Geoff hand ball not given as it came of his chest then onto his arm? 

Both weren’t 100% wrong so play on I suppose 

1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

Was the Geoff hand ball not given as it came of his chest then onto his arm? 

Both weren’t 100% wrong so play on I suppose 

One of the good things to enjoy was that the VAR didn't poke his/her nose into the action. Football as it is supposed to be played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

Jamo should get a medal for standing on Kamsoba's ankle.

Bloke's the most overrated player in the league.

How's that triple twist somersault flip with pike he did straight after the tackle. Reminiscent of Berisha at his best a few years back. Should've got a yellow just for the overacting.

Oh and how the fuk did donarchie stay on the pitch. What an out and out arsehole.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, rass said:

How's that triple twist somersault flip with pike he did straight after the tackle. Reminiscent of Berisha at his best a few years back. Should've got a yellow just for the overacting.

Oh and how the fuk did donarchie stay on the pitch. What an out and out arsehole.

Reminded me of when he went on his flip routine for an offside goal 

17 hours ago, rass said:

Oh and how the fuk did donkey stay on the pitch. What an out and out arsehole.

There fixed.