Melbourne Football

Matchday 18: v Victory - Friday 7th February 7.30pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

17 hours ago, Nate said:

Anyone else reckon Brillante might play CB again? 

Victory have such a potent and quick attack that perhaps Brillante will be a better defensive option given his rapid closing down speed. Griff can then screen in a defensive midfield position in front of him against a crappy Victory midfield.

Agree, also because Griff will be a better match up on Toivonen, who's playing more as the link man for their wingers rather than as an up front striker, hence Griff at DM will be able to shadow him and get in his face. Probably the only guy with real steel in our team to do that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

So if we lose tonight can we “assemble at the concourse” after 90 minutes and protest there when the players leave lol

I remember the days when our fans wanted to protest for Aloisi getting sacked because we hadn’t won in 17 matches. 

Now our fans want to protest because we’re only in second place. 

Funny. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I remember the days when our fans wanted to protest for Aloisi getting sacked because we hadn’t won in 17 matches. 

Now our fans want to protest because we’re only in second place. 

Funny. 

Who on earth was upset about Aloisi’s reign of incompetence ending? I missed that comedy at the time.

PS people say 17 or 18 games without winning. They fail to mention only 1 of those games was a draw, so his record is even worse.

Just now, Shahanga said:

Who on earth was upset about Aloisi’s reign of incompetence ending? I missed that comedy at the time.

PS people say 17 or 18 games without winning. They fail to mention only 1 of those games was a draw, so his record is even worse.

I meant people were protesting to get him sacked, and rightly so, because we were winless in 17.

Now we want to protest because we’re only in second place.

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

it was 19 games without a win and spanned almost a full year (Feb 13 to Jan 14 ). We also equalled the most consecutive away losses (9),  had most consecutive away games without a win (22) and most away losses in a season (12) under John 'unlucky' Aloisi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, malloy said:

it was 19 games without a win and spanned almost a full year (Feb 13 to Jan 14 ). We also equalled the most consecutive away losses (9),  had most consecutive away games without a win (22) and most away losses in a season (12) under John 'unlucky' Aloisi

Feel obligated to mention @belaguttman's favourite Bambi chest thump when we drew a match.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harrison said:

Feel obligated to mention @belaguttman's favourite Bambi chest thump when we drew a match.

Had it on good authority that Aloisi was all, but sacked before that game and the team firing up second half (which I attribute in part to the terrace - as first half was the silent protest) resulted in a 'stay of execution'.

1 hour ago, neio said:

Was that the game when migliorini turned into Ronaldo for 12 minutes and hit 2 of the most ridiculous goals for someone who was absolutely useless? 

He may have been "useless" but those two goals were two of the very best I've ever seen.

• Like 1