Melbourne Football

Week 16: Melbourne v Brisbane Roar - 21 Jan - 7:45pm

scouse_roar

Very optimistic now, played really well on Wednesday & regardless of the late defeat, I think confidence will be high because we outplayed the league leaders & will know with improved finishing that we can beat them, and we shouldn't be thinking otherwise against Brisbane.

3-1 Melbourne

Haven't got a formation because I think Terra will start & roam free like he did against CCM, if Shroj is available I would like him to start over Sarkies, purely to shut down Brisbane's attack which starts in midfield. I would like to see Williams start again with Babalj coming on in the second half with Dugandzic back into the starting eleven.

So do we know whether Berisha will play tomorrow? It seems that with 7 days to lodge an appeal, Brisbane can effectively choose which game he misses and not even notify anyone before the teamsheets are in. That disadvantages us by complicating our planning for the game. Whatever the result, we should at least know if he's available to play or not. 7 days to appeal a ban is a ridiculous amount of time.

Edited by Sash

I reckon we will win 2-1

We should try to play the exact style we played when we beat them in December, defend and defend then counter attack, ala the Sydney game.

My starting line-up would be

Bolton

Good Germano Hammil

Thompson Shroj Marrone Behich

Dugandzic Terra Worm

I know WIlliams played a great game on Wednesday as his compared to his other efforts this season, but if he plays it will mean Dugandzic goes onto the left where he is totally ineffective and is pretty much isolated. Also Babalj should come on in the second half just as an impact player who can come off the bench and give us a presence up front.

A win would be great because it would prove we can match it with the big boys without Fred.

But win, lose or draw today - We will make the finals.

Once Fred is back we will put together enough points.

This team has made a massive step up since last season. making the finals is a deserved reward.

Squad for todays match!

1. Clint Bolton (GK), 2. Michael Marrone, 3. Brendan Hamill, 4. Simon Colosimo, 6. Matt Thompson ©, 7. Rutger Worm, 8. Kristian Sarkies, 11. Alex Terra, 13. Jonatan Germano, 15. David Williams, 16. Aziz Behich, 18. Curtis Good, 19. Eli Babalj, 23. Mate Dugandzic, 30. Sebastian Mattei (GK)

Maycon & Hoffman miss the squad tonight.

Looking Good! Hopefully Eli can bag a few. Would love to see Terra get a start but unsure as to where he'd fit with Bablj back. Also curious as to how fit colosimo is as i thought Good played well on wednesday and could start again, However we really need the experiance down the back or perhaps we could see Thomo in the back line again & If JVS Goes 4 at the back or the 3 we used against CCM.

Good game. The first half was teriffic. A bit disappointed in the second half where I felt we lacked some urgency until after Brisbane equalised. I really enjoy watching Brisbane and the way they always play out of defence and hold posession. You never see them hoof the ball. They always try to play high quality of football, and I was pleased we were able to match them, and even worry them at different times tonight. 1-1 probably a fair result, but thought we should've got a penalty if the referee was consistent.

• Like 1

cant help but feel robbed, ando did great on the mega 1st half, why is it that not 1 of our fucking players can play the ball quickly when we are attacking quickly on the counter and its about 3 on 3, always hold onto it too long and fuck it up, almost seems like dugandzic doesnt wanna be picked for olyroos but atm i dont really want him

Behich has been out of control. Doesn't care about 3 games in a week - just keeps on playing his guts out. Machine.

Of course, if only he put away one of his chances against CCM. But whatever. He can finish - remember his goal against Newcastle? And he's obviously got a great attitude and will work hard at improving the parts of his game that he needs to.

Good game. The first half was teriffic. A bit disappointed in the second half where I felt we lacked some urgency until after Brisbane equalised. I really enjoy watching Brisbane and the way they always play out of defence and hold posession. You never see them hoof the ball. They always try to play high quality of football, and I was pleased we were able to match them, and even worry them at different times tonight. 1-1 probably a fair result, but thought we should've got a penalty if the referee was consistent.

Great game. Brisbane really came to play and all credit to them. Best team I've seen in the A-League. Quick movement, superb first touch, won almost every 50:50 ball. I thought they deliberately slowed it down a little in the second half to invite us to open up just a little more, and they were rewarded with the goal. Fair result for once. Loved the way they played the ball out instantly from Theoklitos to the fullbacks and then they were on the attack once again.

Thought our defence and midfield were great defensively despite being run ragged, but agree with the comment from Spiranovic about going forward. Several players guilty of holding the ball too long and not making the simple, quick pass. IMO this is something that's been creeping into our game recently - running with the ball rather than passing. We were also guilty of quite a number of sloppy passes that gave the ball straight back to Brisbane. Another thing creeping into our game is complaining to the referee - not necessary and never gets you anything except the occasional yellow card - cut it out!

Thought Mate Dugandzic looked very much out of sorts, and wondered whether he has a viral infection or something? Not his usual self.

Biggest disappointment was David Williams. Don't know what's wrong there, but whatever it is it's not working for him.

As always, Marrone, Hamill, Good and Behich absolutely outstanding. No-one could ask for more from these four.

Well we could have won it, but so could of they, so I'll take a draw. Lucky to get away with germano's "brain snap" penalty though (what was he thinking?). i thought we sat too deep in the 2nd half, seemed to be saying we are ahead, so we will just hang on. Might be Ok for 10 minutes but not for 45. It was only when they levelled up that we seemed to show more urgency.

Babalj actually had a shot with his left tonight which was great to see, mind out before that he basically had a goal for the taking on his left but blew it going to his right (again).

Great game to watch though and against a team of their quality I'll definitely take a draw.

Who was the tool that threw the flare onto the pitch? Well done moron, this is the reason why I left the "hero" Victory supporters

This thread is for discussing the Brisbane game itself, post such comments in the thread intended for the support at this particular game.

And I am sure you will be happy to know that your “Tool” a tiny fourteen girl who is as passionate a Heart Supporter as anyone will not be able to attend her club’s games for a whole five years.

In fact give yourself a pat on the back because these completely too harsh restrictions being placed on kid are a direct result of the league bending itself over backwards to cater to the Whinges and Complaints from Tools like yourself.

This thread is for discussing the Brisbane game itself, post such comments in the thread intended for the support at this particular game.

And I am sure you will be happy to know that your “Tool” a tiny fourteen girl who is as passionate a Heart Supporter as anyone will not be able to attend her club’s games for a whole five years.

In fact give yourself a pat on the back because these completely too harsh restrictions being placed on kid are a direct result of the league bending itself over backwards to cater to the Whinges and Complaints from Tools like yourself.

seems a bit harsh, simple dont bring flares, if a passionate fan runs onto the pitch does it make it ok that they love the club

That makes it even worse, what the hell are 14 year old girls doing with flares, how did she even purchase it? Or if someone else gave the flare to a child they should be taking the wrap for this 5 year ban not her.

seems a bit harsh, simple dont bring flares, if a passionate fan runs onto the pitch does it make it ok that they love the club

Good to see you have your fellow supporter's back, dont you think 5 years is a little harsh for a 14 year old girl?

She is not even deemed old enough to get into a MA movie, let alone find employment FFS.

That makes it even worse, what the hell are 14 year old girls doing with flares, how did she even purchase it? Or if someone else gave the flare to a child they should be taking the wrap for this 5 year ban not her.

They would simply just ban both of them so people like you and spiranovic can sleep at night without having to worry about Flare Filled Nightmares.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

This is f*cking pathetic, condoning a five year ban for a 14 year old? What the f*ck are you?

Exactly.

I seriously doubt a 14 year old with a good track record would be expelled from school for letting of a flare out in the open...

Good Kids are meant to be allowed to make mistakes in this country, how else do they learn.

• Like 1

Good to see you have your fellow supporter's back, dont you think 5 years is a little harsh for a 14 year old girl?

She is not even deemed old enough to get into a MA movie, let alone find employment FFS.

They would simply just ban both of them so people like you and spiranovic can sleep at night without having to worry about Flare Filled Nightmares.

you seem a bit mad, i dont have a problem with flares but maybe some do, 5 years is harsh but oh well if you take the risk then its your fault