Melbourne Football

Week 16: Melbourne v Brisbane Roar - 21 Jan - 7:45pm

scouse_roar

So are away supporters welcome at the Impy? Would like to come say hi to some chumps. ;)

Man, you love the Heart. I reckon your one of us now anyway. Why not come down and formalise your allegiance to the red and white. :)

By the way, there were a group of Sydney supporters at the Impy recently when we played them. It was all good.

Edited by Sash

Optimistic after that result, lads? ;)

More than i expected, played better than CCM did & if were not for average finishing & heroics from Matt Ryan we would have won easily, definitely happier than I thought I was going to be after the Perth game on Sunday.

Remember last time mate? ;)

Edited by DutchPride

Play nice folks, scouse_roar is one of the better blokes who support an A-League team other than Heart.

I will be at the pub pretty late as I'm working till 4.30, so a decent pre game for marteaux isn't looking likely. We'll see how I go.

I'm predicting this one to get messy, 4-3 win to Brisbane with Berisha and Babalj to punch on in Goschs Paddock after the game.

Its gonna be a blockbuster. I have some real confidence for us now after the Central Coast match, and I expect Roar to provide the standard fare of high quality positive football.

The last time these two teams played at AAMI park is scorched in my mind. It was top quality and I reckon we'll see that again.

Should be high scoring. I'll guess Babalj grabs a brace, Berisha & Nichols get a goal each and Terra claims a winner.

Melbourne Heart v Brisbane Roar

Venue: AAMI Park

Local kick-off: 7:45pm

Referees: Chris Beath / Shaun Evans / Hakan Anaz / Lucian Laverdure

Head to head: All matches (played 4): Melbourne Heart wins 1, Brisbane Roar wins 3, (0 draws)

Live and exclusive on Fox Sports 1

Melbourne Heart squad:1. Clint Bolton, 2. Michael Marrone, 3. Brendan Hamill, 4. Simon Colosimo, 6.Matt Thompson, 7. Rutger Worm, 8. Kristian Sarkies, 9. Maycon, 11. Alex Terra, 13. Jonatan Germano, 15.David Williams, 16. Aziz Behich, 17. Jason Hoffman, 18. Curtis Good, 19. Eli Babalj, 23. Mate Dugandzic, 30.Sebastian Mattei *two to be omitted*

In: Eli Babalj (promoted), Simon Colosimo (returns from injury)

Out: Nil

Unavailable: Nick Kalmar (back – 4 weeks), Kliment Taseski (foot – 4 to 6 weeks), Fred (groin – 4 to 6 weeks), Wayne Srhoj (quad – 1 week)

Brisbane Roar Squad: 1. Michael Theoklitos (GK), 2. Matt Smith ©, 3. Shane Stefanutto, 4. Matt Jurman , 5. Ivan Franjic, 6. Erik Paaratlu, 7. Besart Berisha, 8. Massimo Murdocca, 9. Kofi Danning, 10. Henrique, 11.Issey Nakajima-Farran, 14. Rocky Visconte, 16. Mohamed Adnan, 17. Mitch Nichols, 18. Luke Brattan, 19.Jack Hingert, 20. Andrew Redmayne (GK), 22. Thomas Broich *three to be omitted*

In: 19. Jack Hingert (promoted), 18. Luke Brattan (promoted), 9. Kofi Danning (promoted)

Out: Nil

Unavailable: Nil

The last time these two teams played at AAMI park is scorched in my mind. It was top quality and I reckon we'll see that again.

How good was it! I reckon that first half was as good as anything I've seen locally. We dropped off in the second half, but I remember being blown away by the quality of both sides in the first.

How good was it! I reckon that first half was as good as anything I've seen locally. We dropped off in the second half, but I remember being blown away by the quality of both sides in the first.

First half was incredible. Some of the best football I've seen locally for sure, and maybe from Heart ever. We should of been 2-0 up by half time and if we achieved that we might well have won.

We might have the same problem as that game though, playing well for 90 minutes. We really slowed down in the second half and through attacking attrition Brisbane wore us down and got the 3 points. I don't know how fit we'll be, and there is a chance we could wear down as the game goes on again. Although, because we have a number of players coming back fitness might not be a problem.

-----------------Bolton-----------------

--Marrone--Hamill--Good--Behich--

---Terra--Thompson--Germano---

-------Duganzic-Babalj-Worm-------

Bench

-Matti-Colosimo-Williams-Sarkies-

Thoughts?

My guess is:

-----------------Bolton-----------------

--Marrone--Hamill--Good--Behich--

---Sarkies--Thompson--Germano---

-------Duganzic-Babalj-Worm-------

Bench

-Matti-Terra-Williams-Maycon/Hoffman-

Terra deserves to be starting and there is a good chance he'll start over Worm, but I think because Worm was useful in our win over Brisbane at Suncorp he could get the nod. I think JVS will opt for a midfield with seasoned midfielders, so I think Sarkies would be preferred over Terra. I reckon the reason we won the last match against Brisbane was because everyone defended so well, and despite giving us a lot going forward I think because of his limited defending skills Terra will be overlooked in favour of Sarkies.

I think Colosimo could be dropped from the extended squad again. I just doubt he's fit. It would be awesome if he could play though, as he'd provide an experience being paired with either Hamill or Good (and as Thompson showed against CCM, an experienced head really lifts our defensive line).

After all the changes JVS made for the CCM game I now have just about no faith that I can guess his tactics though!

good display on wednesday, got mugged tho and i reckon that will spur the lads on, Clint Bolton is certainly up of it after reading his column in todays herald, we play with that same pace again and mate and bablj will definatly put a few chances away, need the points!

A-League! I have respect for any Aussie that comes back before the age of 30.

Are u fucken serious?

He left for 5 mins courtesy of a favour from Gus with the WC coming up.

And it was favour he was in the WC squad.

He played a few 5 min stints in Holland, did fuck all and did not score and promptly came back after no mins at all in the WC.

His like a shit house horse that can only win on a particular country track on a Sunday!

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1