Melbourne Football

Hilarious Simpsons moments.

Braveheart

• 2 weeks later...
Key character to die in The Simpsons Updated: 09:09, Wednesday October 2, 2013
skynews_911318.jpg

A major character on The Simpsons will be killed off this season, an executive on the long-running cartoon has revealed.

It is 14 years since the last death on the show - Ned Flanders' wife Maude.

The show's 25th series began airing in the US over the weekend and executive producer Al Jean has confirmed that a household name is set to die soon.

Speaking to the Canada Sun Times newspaper he said: 'I'll give you a clue that the actor playing the character won an Emmy for playing that character, but I won't say who it is.'

However, his comment does little to narrow down the field, as most of the major characters' artists have been recognised during the show's lengthy run.

Sideshow Bob - voiced by Kelsey Grammer - has been ranked as the favourite for the chop.

The villain is followed by Grampa Simpson and Krusty the Clown.

It has also been confirmed that the final episode of the season will be a crossover with Futurama.

Jean said: 'I've been here 25 years, and we had a read yesterday where the excitement was as high as I've ever seen.

'We had John DiMaggio and Billy West and Maurice LaMarche from Futurama, as well as our cast, and I thought that's got to be the greatest voiceover talent assembled at one read.

'It was really, really great to see Bender interacting with Homer.'

Edited by Deviate
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...