Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart and Melbourne City attendances

Jimmy

I also think the loss last week hurt this figure. I reckon 1,000 more would of come if we had won last week.

The fact we won and Yarraside were brilliant and the atmosphere was sensation means hopefully the new people who came would want to come again!

We have a bit of a break from "Home" games but the derby is crucial. If we can unite for it and the boys can get the win, what a great thing this will be to increase the next home game!

I still believe 11,000 + crowds and 9,000 members for this season are achievable. Just need everyone else to believe.

I realistically believe we can get 9000 plus crowds for this season and maybe up to 8000 members. Thats being relatively conservative though.

YS were unreal last night, i'm not usually one for chanting but was getting amongst it last night.

I had a few Gareth Bale at the last minute, will get more to the next home game.

7,181 tonight. Second biggest of the season and seventh biggest in our history excluding derbies.

I haven't checked the records, but I think that last night's crowd may have been the biggest home crowd we've ever won in front of outside the derbies. I'd say the six bigger crowds all saw losses and draws.

Last night was the first time I can remember (outside derbies) that everything went right - good crowd, great atmosphere, convincing win. And the feeling among supporters, generated from YS, Happy Together, One Melburnian, etc is something I've never seen before other than our wins against the mongs. Great night all round.

Hopefully, this can kick start a period of optimism, growing crowds, and a feeling that the club is beginning to arrive.

• Like 3

7,181 tonight. Second biggest of the season and seventh biggest in our history excluding derbies.

And I'm sure some members did not rock up. I had 2 members that didn't come

Me and my family of 5 couldn't show (we're members). 2nd game we've missed this season. It does stack up rather quickly!

I haven't checked the records, but I think that last night's crowd may have been the biggest home crowd we've ever won in front of outside the derbies. I'd say the six bigger crowds all saw losses and draws.

Correct.

Edited by jw1739

All time top ten crowds:

1. Round 1 2010-11 vs. CCM - 11,050

2. Round 2 2012-13 vs. WEL - 10,907

3. Round 14 2011-12 vs. ADL - 8,272

4. Round 26 2011-12 vs. SYD - 7,498

5. Round 16 2011-12 vs. PER - 7,233

6. Round 2 2011-12 vs. PER - 7,229

7. Round 17 2012-13 vs. ADL - 7,181

8. Round 8 2012-13 vs. NEW - 7,125

9. Round 18 2011-12 vs. BRI - 7,118

10. Round 15 2010-11 vs. BRI - 7,034

2012-2013:

Total attendance (No. of games): 53,485(8)

Average: 6,686

Change form 2011-12: +212

Highest two attendances:

Round 2 vs. WEL: 10,907

Round 17 vs. ADL: 7,181

Lowest two attendances:

Round 10 vs. PER: 4,505

Round 6 vs. BRI: 5,466

Updated OP. We're still growing steadily.

Also something interesting and a big reaseon behind why we haven't kicked on in terms of attendance is our home form and particularly in front of bigger crowds. (I'm still discounting derbies btw)

Home wins 2010-11: 3 out of 13

Home wins 2011-12: 3 out of 11

Home wins 2012-13: 5 out of 8

Results in our top ten attended matches:

1. Vs. CCM - Loss

2. Vs. WEL - Draw

3. Vs. ADL - Loss

4. Vs. SYD - Draw

5. Vs. PER - Loss

6. Vs. PER - Loss

7. Vs. ADL - Win

8. Vs. NEW - Draw

9. Vs. BRI - Draw

10. Vs. BRI - Loss

That's 5 losses, 4 draws and just one win in our highest attended games. This is what is making it hard for us to grow support. The team shooting itself in the foot. Although we seemed to have turned the corner winning most of our home games this year and finally winning a game in front of a bigger crowd. If we keep that going can only see crowds continuing to trend upwards, but at a much faster rate..

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So for the sydney game will level 2 be opened? Or the same as all other games just ga, premium b and a?

It will most likely be just what it usually is, keep in mind. The lower bowls are about 17-18k and while I can see this being a nice crowd, I don't think we will quite be past that.

But if ticketek does open the upper stands before the game, we can be sure this will be above 15k I'd say

Eh. Youse really shoulda bought memberships like the rest of us anyway.

I know, but I will next year, i couldn't make like half of the games this year cause had yr 12 i had to study for and i was away on holidays for a couple games so it was cheaper to just buy when i go.

3 game flexi membership. Get on it. Great value.

Speaking of 3 game flexi memberships.I went to the tent before the Adelaide game on the 18th and signed up.( I already have a full active membership )

My point being the club haven`t even contacted me to say welcome aboard.I gave my work e-mail but no contact what so ever.

We need the club to do there part as well. :rolleyes:

Speaking of 3 game flexi memberships.I went to the tent before the Adelaide game on the 18th and signed up.( I already have a full active membership )

My point being the club haven`t even contacted me to say welcome aboard.I gave my work e-mail but no contact what so ever.

We need the club to do there part as well.

From a customer service point of view, that would be a nice touch. However I'd imagine it would cost a lot in time and effort to do that for all the new members .

Even just a Welcome email would be nice confirmation.

Eh. Youse really shoulda bought memberships like the rest of us anyway.

I know, but I will next year, i couldn't make like half of the games this year cause had yr 12 i had to study for and i was away on holidays for a couple games so it was cheaper to just buy when i go.

3 game flexi membership. Get on it. Great value.

Don't worry, i plan on doing that before this game

I better buy tickets this week then.

When you do put the PAX here

The pax? what the hell is that?

It a number on the ticket that tell you how many have been sold

• jw1739 unpinned this topic