Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart and Melbourne City attendances

Jimmy

Sad thing is there was a considerable amount of ffv tickets issued free for today's game.

From the looks of the dandy supporters, I bet they were victory supporters based on their Chants etc.

Taking all that into account we may be lucky to draw a bigger 'paying' crowd this season.

How did the halfway line look on tv? I was on the opp end and we were in good numbers.

Post match was revised to 11007, only 43 less than first ever game.

Dont forget a considerable number were offered free tickets as a result of ffv affiliation.

The attendance is not a true indication of the actual 'paying' attendance.

To be honest, when you take all that into account, the 11k was very disappointing.

Dont forget a considerable number were offered free tickets as a result of ffv affiliation.

The attendance is not a true indication of the actual 'paying' attendance.

To be honest, when you take all that into account, the 11k was very disappointing.

If we win at home they will come, if we don't, they won't. It's very simple.

• Like 1

Any idea how many?

Obviously not.

I stuck around for the VPL GF and I doubt there were more than maybe 2,000 at most who turned up for Dandenong & Oakleigh. I don't know if any got in for free, but I know they were selling tickets through the FFV website.

Anyway, I would estimate 9,000 or more were there primarily for the Nix game. And that's a new high for us, outside the first game and derbies.

Source?

Red and White fans turned out in numbers yesterday to enjoy a sun-soaked afternoon of football at AAMI Park, in an encouraging display of support for the Heart. The crowd figure at Sunday's match against Wellington Phoenix went close to eclipsing our biggest opening day crowd with an official final attendance of 11 007 fans.

In season one, our first hit-out against Central Coast Mariners attracted just over 11 050, making yesterday our second largest home attendance outside of the Melbourne derby.

We would like to thank all the fans who turned out, chanted, cheered and urged our team on to a hard-fought 1-1 draw. Your support and enthusiasm was vital for our team and we can't wait for you to return to AAMI Park in a fortnight's time. For those wanting to experience the Red and White week in, week out, this season join us.

Our next home match: Melbourne Heart FC vs Central Coast Mariners - Sunday 28 October - 3pm. Tickets available.

http://emailcampaign...67FD2F38AC4859C

Edited by MARKMILES
  • Like 1

our next home game against the CCM will be back to normal 6-7K. Simple no marque no attendance boost. We had an opportunity to change things this year. There was Michael Owen, Charisteas and Karagounis available. We got Tadic FULL STOP

we will have to wait and see. simply saying we will get a low attendance because of no marquee is simply wrong.

TBH: Grella has enough 'star power' to be a marquee IMO.

Edited by nicotera5

• 2 weeks later...
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic