Melbourne Football

Sunday October 14 - 3:00pm Melbourne FC vs. The Nux @ AAMI Park

Jimmy

This club frustrates me so much! We got a great crowd in a game where we should have really been able to play well, get a win, the crowd leaves happy and the boys gain more confidence.

Instead of that we got the same old story where we beat ourselves. To me the pace of the game from us was horrible. The passes were so slow and to me the same problems still remain from last season. If this was any other side in the league or Wellington at full strength we would have lost with that kind of performance.

Garcia was fantastic and Fred had an off day but how can anybody criticise him? Still got into great positions.. Vrankovic looks like he will be a starter before long and Dugandzic showed spurts but not continually dangerous like he probably should be..

Gerhardt looks like a midfielder playing in defence and his long balls frustrate me. Being someone that has followed Tadic his whole career, he is and always has been a number 9 and not played and can't play on the wing. He is better than DMac, he just needs to be played in position and get a full 90 minutes. Bolton looks so uncertain and not sure how he will work out this season. Fumbling and not comfortable with the ball at his feet at all.

We were always going to have our chances no matter how we played against such a weakened team. The VPL teams would have given Wellington a good run I reckon.

I think we can improve though and I have a feeling away games such as against Perth will actually suit us better because we can counter attack and don't have to make the play..

Edited by kontra.11

I would love to do a tactical breakdown of our attack because I think it was woeful, but I am to way to busy right now, maybe later in the week. I will say that long balls for the front three to chase and wing backs not overlapping nearly as much as they used too in down to the manager and his game plan.

I demand answers from JA

Why did 50% of our intensity drop from last week? This was the same old story from last season.. we manage to turn it on in the derby but when it comes to our home matches against weaker opposition we just look lazy and disinterested! If we played anything like we did last week I can guarantee we would've won by 4 goals today. Yes the nux are different team but they had an inexperienced team that would've crumbled under our forward pressure. We didnt only lose 2 points today, we had a decent home crowd with people from the vpl grand final watching but i doubt many would return after that crap.

A very big FAIL from our lads.

Anyone else feel we didn't test their keeper enough, it seemed we were always trying to play us through one-on-one with the keeper. If we attempted a few more shots from outside the box, chances would have been created such as when the ball fell to Dmac.Overall a very disappointing result yesterday and if Smeltz plays on Sunday I think we could be on the receiving end of a flogging.

yes it's only 1 game, and yes it's a long season with many rounds to go...but that's not the point.

The point is, there were 11,000 people there yesterday (our second highest home crowd not including the derbies), and we missed a big opportunity. We had an opportunity against an undermanned wellington to win comfortably by 2-3 goals in what turned out to be a perfect day, and we missed it. A chance to please those 11,000 people, and send them home feeling good and thinking "i quite enjoyed that, ill make sure i go again in 2 weeks".

That's the main reason why i'm disappointed, and looking at the chairman sitting up in the corporate seating with his face in his hands after the game, i could tell he shared the same disappointment.

Edited by heart_fan10

I also put the lacklustre Y-Side performance down to approx 0.1 litres of alcohol consumed on avg pregame, that it was a Sunday and if you didn't have a hangover you are indeed a faggot, that we played like we were suffering from cerebral palsy, that it was stinking hot, that it was our first game back together so most cunce wanted to have a chat and a laff instead of moshing and singing the 'sausage roll song', and that our mega is terrible.

Because of the above reasons, Yarraside was shit for the first time since early last year.

Wait till we get a nice night time kick off, bellies full of beer and a team to watch who have half a clue what they are doing and Yarraside will be back to their rowdy self.

After yesterday, we can only improve. Off field and on.

• Like 1

Team needs to call in a psycoligist in ffs, I know it worked for the Saints in the AFL.

Can't fugn play at AAMI and can barely score at the Yarra end to save our lives, after 3 seasons surely it's not a coincidence that 80% of our goals have been scored at the Swan St end.

Team needs to call in a psycoligist in ffs, I know it worked for the Saints in the AFL.

Can't fugn play at AAMI and can barely score at the Yarra end to save our lives, after 3 seasons surely it's not a coincidence that 80% of our goals have been scored at the Swan St end.

Give the lads something to play for. Sunday was a fucking disgrace of a terrace especially from a few particular areas. We have three entire 'active' bays, but we could barely get half a bay singing for more than a minute on the weekend. No wonder the team looked lacklustre in the second half.

Bullshit, superfluous excuses.

You want to talk with mates & send love tweets to Victory fuckwits then there's 2 other half empty active bays that you can shift over too and do that.

Stinking hot? It was only 23 degrees, probably one of the coolest days we'll have all summer and we were covered in shade up the top. Most of those in the sun didn't have trouble getting into it.

We need the team to inspire out support? That's the tail wagging the dog. Countless times the players have mentioned that our support lifts them to play better. We are a 12th man when we choose to be, it starts from the supporters.

We had just came off a derby win, one of the best games our club has ever played, huge crowd with perfect weather. Couldn't have had it any better, and the majority couldn't be arsed. The excuses above don't cut it.

Fucking THIS.

Definitely a disappointing result, especially with the big crowd and the chances we had in the first half. Going down to 10 men will make it difficult for anyone though and we did have a couple of chances to snatch it. Potential for something good but was a let down.

Agree with much of the terrace being down. think the middle's a problem... stood around that area and it was pathetic at times, especially to the left of Ando. Mostly kids though, so as much as I don't think it should be needed, there may need to be a spread of older lads to gee up the young ones and keep em going..