Melbourne Football

Sunday October 14 - 3:00pm Melbourne FC vs. The Nux @ AAMI Park

Jimmy

Gerhardt came close to costing us at least one goal last Friday. He was caught out of position a few times, and although solid in the tackle I agree that he would be better in midfield. The question is who, if anyone, would make way?

Unless those slip ups by Gerhardt were abnormal, I would rather see Gray or Vrankovic in defence.

First game for the season after horribly missing the Derby due to a mate's birthday. nothing will stop attendance to the next 2.

Anyways, also first game I'll be able to get to the pub beforehand. looking forward to it big time.. should get the job done aswell

You're not allowed to display national flags at A-League games.

This is just crazy from the FFA! Racist and against everything that football stands for. You can't use terminology like 'the world game' and then ban people from bringing national flags to the stadium in support of certain players..

FFA make me sick!

Sunday limits pre and post game possibilities. Fuck off Sunday kick offs, cunts.

Agree, Friday = best, coz you wake up the next day thinking it's Sunday and when you realise it isn't...

1339547517985.jpg

Anyway, prediction:

Melbourne 3-2

MH: Dmac, Dugandzic, Garcia

WP: Ifill, Sanchez

Danger game for us. Team will have to rev up again after the hype and high of the derby, and they'll be conscious of our poor home record. Wellington also on a high after disposing of Sydney.

Aloisi will have to get their minds right for this one.

IMO keep the same team if we can. That's the way to build team understanding.

Let's hope for some reasonable weather and we could perhaps get 10,000-11,000.

• Like 1

What about a red & white checkered flag? Technichally not efnik.

Exactly what I was about to post! Go ahead. It's ok. As its a heart coloured flag.

Sunday limits pre and post game possibilities. Fuck off Sunday kick offs, cunts.

I agree. Dislike Sunday games. Baseball finishes at 3pm. Gunna be hard to get to see a half this coming Sunday.

This game is certainly not an easy-win match.

Moss and Paston will be out with NZ, so they'll need to bring Scott Basalaj from their Academy in for the game. Brockie, Bertos, Lochhead and Sigmund are their other outs, but they'll still have Durante, Muscat and Boxall as their defenders. Huysegems will probably start up front with Fenton (who looked dangerous against SFC) and maybe Ifill, given Totori should be off with the Solomon Islands. I expect that they'll have to blood a few young players or even bring in some academy players, but this is definitely the kind of match where, last year, we would drop off.

Would be interesting to hear what Ron Smith will say to JA this week in terms of tactical direction, because we clearly played to negate a style in the derby rather than setting the pace ourselves. Do we let them control the play and work as a counter-attacking team or do we move back to our traditional 4-3-3, high-possession game? Hard to call it, but hopefully the weather is solid and we get a decent crowd there.

Doubt Wellington will play an open game for us to counter attack. We will have to take the initiative and make the play..

If the intensity continues from the derby then I reckon we will be ok but this will probably be a more accurate measure of whether the team can keep possession and build up from the back..

Also bravo to the club for involving the VPL and upholding its community and grassroots values..

Edited by kontra.11