Melbourne Football

The Inevitable Derby 7 Prediction Thread:

cadete

Rofl, sounds like the Borough Boys Pocket at Port Melbourne VFL games at North Port Oval.

There were some strange goings on at that place back in the day. The tight arses used to skimp on buying new match balls and would give them a wipe with white boot polish. I remember one hit my old mans freshly painted car behind the goals and left a huge white streak down the side. Needless to say Billy Wright copped a fair bit of abuse that day.

Then once the grandstand was erected there was the local simpleton who used to run up and down the walkway at the front in sync with the linesman, pointing his imaginary flag.

It was a whole different world at Falcons back in the day.

There were some strange goings on at that place back in the day. The tight arses used to skimp on buying new match balls and would give them a wipe with white boot polish. I remember one hit my old mans freshly painted car behind the goals and left a huge white streak down the side. Needless to say Billy Wright copped a fair bit of abuse that day.

Then once the grandstand was erected there was the local simpleton who used to run up and down the walkway at the front in sync with the linesman, pointing his imaginary flag.

It was a whole different world at Falcons back in the day.

Nothing says Semi Professional sport more than: Local Simpleton!

My personal favourite in Melbourne has to be the guy in a AEK Shirt at Bergers who runs up and down the old running track at the Olympic Village yelling instructions at the team in between his ball boy duties whilst everyone acts like this is perfectly normal and that his not even there.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

To be honest, am really worried about the game. Aloisi is saying all is good and that the boys had a good preseason but I don't see it.

I think it will be a scrappy game and hopefully we can sneak a win but nothing from the preseason showed me that the team has a clear functioning system of play..

Without seeing any of the games everything I've ever known about following football has shown me that pre season counts for fuck all. Tale west ham as a case in point. We won every game in pre season the year we went down. Te last two seasons we have been destrOyed in pre season. And got promoted last year and are top half this year so far.

Edited by perthheart