Melbourne Football

$25 tickets and Big M promotion

citypool

• 2 weeks later...

I'm nOt PayINg cFg tO gO tHe DeRBy 

It's not us, it's them who don't turn up. And they hide behind ticket prices. Because I remember everytime we have to go their shit stadium when we get cheap tickets. They are a bunch of fairweather fans. Watch their crowd next home game it will be about 50% of their members 

Just now, neio said:

I'm nOt PayINg cFg tO gO tHe DeRBy 

It's not us, it's them who don't turn up. And they hide behind ticket prices. Because I remember everytime we have to go their shit stadium when we get cheap tickets. They are a bunch of fairweather fans. Watch their crowd next home game it will be about 50% of their members 

City haven't helped by the giveaway of 5,000 memberships. Most of the areas where those memberships were allocated were almost empty last night.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

City haven't helped by the giveaway of 5,000 memberships. Most of the areas where those memberships were allocated were almost empty last night.

I'll admit I'm not good at judging crowds, but I'd say there would been roughly same amount if not more of city support then what is it a normal match

And yeah from previous seasons the crowds are down. But when we had 25k at Derby, I'd say the breakdown would have been 16k victory maybe 9k City. Last night was 16k, and it would been 7k City 9k victory

I'm not saying we're not to blame completely, but alot of it is them and I love their excuse of ticket prices when we pay the exact same to go to a etihad derby

• Like 1

Ticket prices as a whole ought to be looked at as part of the A-League remodeling as attendances this season across the league have been pretty bad (obviously multiple factors are at play here but it all starts with value for $)

At least the atmosphere hasn't suffered too much for the drop in figures, for as much as I detest Victory both sets of fans last night were loud and lively for a game only attended by 16k.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nate said:

Ticket prices as a whole ought to be looked at as part of the A-League remodeling as attendances this season across the league have been pretty bad (obviously multiple factors are at play here but it all starts with value for $)

At least the atmosphere hasn't suffered too much for the drop in figures, for as much as I detest Victory both sets of fans last night were loud and lively for a game only attended by 16k.

Yes, it was a good atmosphere, despite the attendance. I took someone to her second A-League match and first Derby and she loved every single minute of it.

We also met and chatted to some decent MV fans on the train home and I have to say that made the evening even better for me. Football is a great leveller for society.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

fwiw their active bay and noise destroyed ours 

Unfortunately only negative. After going up we were completely silent for large chunks. I always have felt our support level and performances on the pitch go hand in hand. Explains why we perform in derbys.  

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

Unfortunately only negative. After going up we were completely silent for large chunks. I always have felt our support level and performances on the pitch go hand in hand. Explains why we perform in derbys.  

IMO the major negative is that any momentum and media coverage that we might have built after beating them will evaporate before we play our next home match - Sunday 1st March.

I hope that we can have a more regular home-away fixture into the future.

The good news is we’re doing a deal with big m if you buy a big m you get a free ticket to a home match 

Buy ANY Big M to receive 2 Melbourne City home game tickets for the price of 1*

Follow the steps below to participate:
1. Purchase any Big M from a participating outlet.
2. Visit ticketek.com, and search for an eligible
Melbourne City home game.
3. Enter your Big M Barcode Number.
4. Buy one General Admission Adult Melbourne
City Home Game ticket to get one FREE.

*VIC. res. 16 + only. Promotion starts 30/12/19 9am AEDT & ends 1/3/20 11:59pm AEDT, while bonus ticket stocks last (“Promotional Period”).
The offer is the opportunity to purchase two tickets to an Eligible Melbourne City FC Home Game for the price of one. See T&Cs for claim instructions including
Big M purchase required to claim. Max 1 buy one get 1 free offer redemption per person & eligible Big M purchase. Limited tickets available as part of this offer.
Maximum of 10,000 bonus tickets available in total as part of this offer. Keep barcode. See www.melbournecityfc.com.au/big-m-ticket-giveaway for full terms.

Edited by citypool
Fixed it

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IMO the major negative is that any momentum and media coverage that we might have built after beating them will evaporate before we play our next home match - Sunday 1st March.

I hope that we can have a more regular home-away fixture into the future.

Having a bye in there is that reason, and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that this season

But overall I agree with you, not just us but some fixture is just silly. Like earlier this season Perth played both Melbourne teams away 2 weeks in a row