Melbourne Football

The Football Crest Hall of Fame

KSK_47

Possibly Virtua Striker lol

Gun game - I remember I used to annoy my school mate of chronically with that game at Freo Timezone as he would try to play some proper passing game shit.

All I would do is get into 1970’s Leeds in that game was Boot the ball and try to win Corners.

As somehow I caught on to some sort of button combo/game glitch that resulted in my side heading in a goal of 8/10 Corners.

As a retard, this was as good as it got for me with comp Video Games.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

Always loved the European Magpie on the NUFC stuff, I dont think a lot of Aussies know when NUFC are referred to as the Magpies - They actually mean literally a different bird to the Collingwood one.

Yes I recently was explaining to a mate of mine who is an avid Collingwood supporter that they were two separate birds.

Do really like the last logo before the current one. I managed to win this NUFC for around $140 on auction, very rapped with it. Probably will the pride of my kit collection once it arrives.

post-150-0-07325700-1349324347_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

So with discussion going on in the Brisbane Roar thread regarding badges, I thought I would find some interesting ones and give this thread a bump.

I have never actually looked at Roma's badge very closely, and when I did I was pretty shocked.

AS_Roma.png

Yes. It is a dog thing breast feeding some children. 

But to be more specific it is based on a very old sculpture called the Capitoline Wolf. Interesting stuff

The Capitoline Wolf (Italian: Lupa Capitolina) is a bronze sculpture of a she-wolf suckling twin infants, inspired by the legend of the founding of Rome. According to the legend, whenNumitor, grandfather of the twins Romulus and Remus, was overthrown by his brother Amulius, the usurper ordered the twins to be cast into the Tiber River. They were rescued by a she-wolf who cared for them until a herdsman, Faustulus, found and raised them. The Capitoline Wolf has been housed since 1471 in the Palazzo dei Conservatori on theCampidoglio (the ancient Capitoline Hill), Rome, Italy.

The age and origin of the Capitoline Wolf is a subject of controversy. The statue was long thought to be an Etruscan work of the 5th century BC,[1] with the twins added in the late 15th century AD, probably by the sculptor Antonio Pollaiolo.[2] However, radiocarbon and thermoluminescence dating has found that the wolf portion of the statue was likely cast between 1021 and 1153.[3]

280px-She-wolf_suckles_Romulus_and_Remus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitoline_Wolf

Here's another one. Lincoln City's badge was always one that I never really paid any attention to. I just thought it was some weird yellow thing. Maybe a guy. Maybe some sort of animal. I dont know. I just smash them on FIFA and move on.

Lincoln-City-Crest.gif

Something else I overlooked was their nickname The Imps. Turns out an imp is the symbol of the city and imps apparently roamed the north of England causing a lot mischief a long time ago. Anyway. They have changed their badge to this (a variation on an old badge). Its fucking disturbing.

5974477-large.jpg

I didnt actually believe it until I saw it on their official website.

http://www.redimps.com/index.htm

• Like 1

So with discussion going on in the Brisbane Roar thread regarding badges, I thought I would find some interesting ones and give this thread a bump.

I have never actually looked at Roma's badge very closely, and when I did I was pretty shocked.

AS_Roma.png

Yes. It is a dog thing breast feeding some children. 

But to be more specific it is based on a very old sculpture called the Capitoline Wolf. Interesting stuff

The Capitoline Wolf (Italian: Lupa Capitolina) is a bronze sculpture of a she-wolf suckling twin infants, inspired by the legend of the founding of Rome. According to the legend, whenNumitor, grandfather of the twins Romulus and Remus, was overthrown by his brother Amulius, the usurper ordered the twins to be cast into the Tiber River. They were rescued by a she-wolf who cared for them until a herdsman, Faustulus, found and raised them. The Capitoline Wolf has been housed since 1471 in the Palazzo dei Conservatori on theCampidoglio (the ancient Capitoline Hill), Rome, Italy.

The age and origin of the Capitoline Wolf is a subject of controversy. The statue was long thought to be an Etruscan work of the 5th century BC,[1] with the twins added in the late 15th century AD, probably by the sculptor Antonio Pollaiolo.[2] However, radiocarbon and thermoluminescence dating has found that the wolf portion of the statue was likely cast between 1021 and 1153.[3]

280px-She-wolf_suckles_Romulus_and_Remus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitoline_Wolf

The club itself are actually known as the wolves, too.

The image is more about the story of Romulus and Remus rather than the wolf though, as that is the legend of how the city of Rome was founded.

Edit: I know it says that in your post, just thought I'd make it a bit clearer.

Edited by Baresi
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

64b825aa1fdf48b789c2b4611c578e9f.image!j

I have said it before about this one...

But you just picture a small boardroom full of cigar smoke and someone saying in Italian asking "Nonno they say we need to be more Aussie" with our Crest.

And Nonno replying "Use a Aussie Flying Stick Thing"... and nobody in the room being prepared to disagree with his idea.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

But you just picture a small boardroom full of cigar smoke and someone saying in Italian asking "Nonno they say we need to be more Aussie" with our Crest.

And Nonno replying "Use a Aussie Flying Stick Thing"... and nobody in the room being prepared to disagree with his idea.

This was probably the result of a similar process...

Lakers.png

• Like 1

This was probably the result of a similar process...

Lakers.png

Pretty sure that decision was made when PPL flocked to the Tennis Centre to see this in action...

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...