Melbourne Football

Michael Ballack

Torn Asunder

it would be great if we got him, but scott munn seems pretty keen to this youth dvelopment thing. I thing its crap though as we have already lost a few of our good youth players and ballack would be great as we are not looking particularly great with the current signings made. But it is highly unlikely that it will happen, however i say that for western sydney it is much better to get him than shinji ono.

Edited by True Until I die

I think the wanderers and heart have the same philosophy.. Determined to concentrate on youth development..

But to have someone like this would be a massive bonus, and it would go a long way to help develop the youth.

Heart > ballack

Wanderers > ono

Regardless, it would be awesome to see these players applying their trade in the a-league..

• Like 1

It would be interesting to know if Munns comments were before or after Ballack lowered his price?

Also Munn wouldnt be spruiking anything until it was sealed so to expect a sign even if we were in deep would be silly.

Maybe yesterdays debacle and less than exciting family day figure (i know nothing of them) may tip the scales?

But yes will never happen

I'm struggling to see how Ballack would fit into the team. we have too many mid-fielders as it is. For less money we could by out Madaschi's contract and make a bigger difference to the team. Ballack might get more bums onto seats initially but winning games will keep them coming. We really needed a fit Vinnie Grella or equivalent.

Edited by belaguttman

It would be interesting to know if Munns comments were before or after Ballack lowered his price?

Also Munn wouldnt be spruiking anything until it was sealed so to expect a sign even if we were in deep would be silly.

Maybe yesterdays debacle and less than exciting family day figure (i know nothing of them) may tip the scales?

But yes will never happen

'Over 1000' at today's family day according to the Heart website.

I don't see how we could sign Ballack even if we wanted to, except as a guest player. We already have five visa players. And from what I've read Ballack is not that keen on the 'guest' idea. It would also seem a rather obvious volte face to sign Ballack after all Munn's previous public comments on marquee players.

But if we were going for anyone who really would add some grunt to a squad then Ballack would be a good choice.

I'm struggling to see how Ballack would fit into the team. we have too many mid-fielders as it is. For less money we could by out Madaschi's contract and make a bigger difference to the team. Ballack might get more bums onto seats initially but winning games will keep them coming. We really needed a fit Vinnie Grella or equivalent.

Ballack would walk into our midfield. You would put him beside Fred with another more defensive mid beside him.

Novelty? Maybe. But that doesn't take away the fact that the man would run rings around every other midfielder in the country. The question is, 'Is $1 million a season worth it to have the best midfield in the league?' I would say no. As much as it hurts to admit, I would not sign him. I would prefer that the club establishes themselves financially first because if they folded the HAL would be lost to me.

• Like 2

if they folded the HAL would be lost to me.

I was thinking about this the other day. If heart were to fold I'd be pushing hard for us to be included in an APL like competition and would support them there. But if we were gone completely I don't know what I'd do for my local sport fix. Probably be an AFL member or something.

I was thinking about this the other day. If heart were to fold I'd be pushing hard for us to be included in an APL like competition and would support them there. But if we were gone completely I don't know what I'd do for my local sport fix. Probably be an AFL member or something.

If went down to being a APL club or only a NYL club, I would still be there with you...

Ballack would walk into our midfield. You would put him beside Fred with another more defensive mid beside him.

Yes he may well do so but we've already got a full quota of midfielders. If we're going to sign another player then let's sign one where we need them - CB, rather than sign another (good) midfielder and have one of our squad positions wasted by creating a midfield bench-sitter

Yes he may well do so but we've already got a full quota of midfielders. If we're going to sign another player then let's sign one where we need them - CB, rather than sign another (good) midfielder and have one of our squad positions wasted by creating a midfield bench-sitter

Exactly, we would not like to hurt Hoff's legions of fans and take his spot as Central Bench away from him.

Awaiting a post from marteaux in regard to Ballack's daughters and then we know the deal is done.

I'm on the job don't you worry. To be of legal age however, ballack would have had to pumped his seed into some slag at the tender age of 17, so I doubt my search will yield results.

Maybe I'll stick to MV staff daughters. They are usually top notch.

• Like 3

I'm on the job don't you worry. To be of legal age however, ballack would have had to pumped his seed into some slag at the tender age of 17, so I doubt my search will yield results.

Maybe I'll stick to MV staff daughters. They are usually top notch.

I used to know Geoff Lord's daughter. She is pretty decent for a victory spawn.