Melbourne Football

Newcastle Jest

KSK_47

The latest news is Tinkler is saying he has paid the outstanding debts.

If true good on him.  Hopefully he can trade out of this.

Doesn't necessarily mean he really has the money though. He just borrows from some other source to tide things over.

Edited by jw1739

Amazing the difference when the blokes on the park are all pulling in the same direction. Not a brilliant performance, but the effort and workrate was there. Kantarovski showed a few glimpses of what he can do when given some freedom on the ball. Probably deserved a point on their 2nd half performance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NEWCASTLE Jets owner Nathan Tinkler has revealed he has put the financially embattled A-League club into voluntary administration with debts of $2.7 million.

Tinkler says Scottish club Dundee United is ready to step in and buy the Jets for just under $5 million with a sale imminent.

But he claims the FFA may attempt to step in and take back the licence before any sale proceeds.

“I’ve been in negotiations with the FFA over the last few days and wasn’t able to get them to guarantee the licence and I haven’t been willing to pay wages unless they guaranteed that so I’ve put the club into administration just now,”Tinkler said.

“We’ve had an offer in for a couple of weeks from Dundee United. That offer is well in excess of the debts of the club and I’ve asked the administrator to get that sale done and that will see everyone get paid.

“Then, I can move on.

Read more here... http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/newcastle-jets-nathan-tinkler-puts-club-into-voluntary-administration-with-debts-of-27-million/story-e6frf423-1227361493660

Tinkler, in his short time, done more for his club and the community than any other owner in the A-League has, and now due to the FFA's incompetence he has left. But he has still committed $1m per year to grassroots football in Newcastle, showing that he does still care about the community and moving the game forward, he just no longer believes in putting his money into anything to do with FFA due to their incompetence.

Palmer tried to run a financially viable club, something we need if the league is going to survive with combined losses being $27mil a year. Not reigning in costs has been the downfall of many a club, both domestically and internationally. Pretty much all the things he was criticised where done in trying to achieve this. he put millions of his own money into trying to achieve this.

With the current administration at FFA, I dont see the game moving forward or improving or clubs surviving in all honesty. 1 more investor pulling out some time soon and its all over. The house of cards collapses. And I dont know where we go from there. Something needs to change at FFA ASAP.

Spot on.

Tinkler saved Newcastle from oblivion, and turned them from a dying club with little community support to a real pillar of the community. Everyone knows about the Jets, whether or not they care about them. To go from barely anything to having the 2nd biggest membership base and 3rd largest crowd averages in just one season is a real testament to HSG's resolve.

The FFA are a national disgrace, the football cancer has started to rear it's ugly head again in this country, and as a football fan I'm getting fucking sick of the continuous displays of utter incompetence and I don't know how much more shit I can tolerate.

Newcastle won't die.

I really do not understand your point:

Tinkler can easily afford to honour his contract with the FFA and keep the Jets going.

But according to you he should be congratulated for handing the license back and ending the Football Club?

You clearly do not like when ppl post things on here that you deem irrelevant.

Considering he has the ability to keep the Jets going but instead has chosen to kill the club, I think Tinker’s having performed good deeds for the Jets in the past is the most irrelevant fact of all.

''Tinkler, in his short time, done more for his club and the community than any other owner in the A-League has, and now due to the FFA's incompetence he has left.''

He saved the fucking club for a start, if Tinkler wasn't there, Newcastle United Jets FC would've folded two years ago ffs. That is probably the most relevant fact of them all.

How are you still supporting Lowy and his bunch of corporate yes men? A fucking horrendous world cup bid, two failed expansions are just a few from the production line of FFA mother of all fuckups and a lack of transparency has now given born to this new cancer.

If you don't see the bigger picture cadete, then fuck mate, should've gone to specsavers.

picard.gifpicard.gifpicard.gifpicard.gifpicard.gif

ROFL - Apparently I did not need specs after all.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Read what has actually happened, FFA trolling owners again. Tinkler was going to sell the club to Dundee United but wanted the FFA to guarantee he would still have the licence to sell and wasn't willing to pay $2.7m worth of wages unless they did. FFA refused knowing they could take the licence if he doesnt pay, and sell it to Dundee (or someone else) themselves. This is exactly why investors keep pulling out of this league and new investors are so hard to find, FFA keep basically scamming them.

Wouldn't surprise me if the FFA's anti-owner policies are part of why CFG aren't investing much in us, what's the point when FFA have designed the system to be able to take back licences over petty things.

Edited by Tesla

Read what has actually happened, FFA trolling owners again. Tinkler was going to sell the club to Dundee United but wanted the FFA to guarantee he would still have the licence to sell and wasn't willing to pay $2.7m worth of wages unless they did. FFA refused knowing they could take the licence if he doesnt pay, and sell it to Dundee (or someone else) themselves. This is exactly why investors keep pulling out of this league and new investors are so hard to find, FFA keep basically scamming them.

Wouldn't surprise me if the FFA's anti-owner policies are part of why CFG aren't investing much in us, what's the point when FFA have designed the system to be able to take back licences over petty things.

Not having seen the contract I would be surprised that the licence agreement would have allowed for Tinkler to sell the licence without approval from the FFA. Otherwise it is quite likely that the licence could end up in the hands of the Mexican/Colombian mafia.

And certainly holding the licence hostage as to whether he pays staff would most likely be the equivalent of forfeiting the licence anyway. The licence would most likely come with ironclad conditions as to the responsibilities of the holder. I have seen small companies completely screwed when they haven't met sales targets even by small amounts.

And never, ever forget that Frank Lowy has been writing commercial contracts for a lot longer than Tinkler has been around. Even the master litigator, Clive Palmer, could not mount a case against the FFA.

I would have thought that with CFG paying about $12M for Heart and then spending $15 million on a training facility, plus the news that they will replace the entire physio/conditioning staff would amount to a significant spending. Your statement that "CFG are not spending much on us" is baffling to say the least.

And you are the first person that I have ever heard say that not paying salaries is a petty thing. Tesla are you Gina Reinhart by any chance?

Tinkler's version of events did make it sound like he was hard done by. What o don't know is FFA's version, which, given what I have read about Mr Tinkler, I would like to know more before I criticised the FFA.

I literally only just heard about this issue when someone edited the Wikipedia article to state Jets had folded. Given that I was aware of the Dundee United link, however, and the stories from the UK seem to suggest that the DUFC chairman intends to press on with the sale though no-one knows if it will be able to go through or not, could someone fill me in here over what is most likely to happen? Is this honestly just FFA sniffing a few bucks, and they have no intention of reducing the league to 9 teams, or is there a real threat of the league being a team short next season? If the Jets are sold, are they truly likely to be based somewhere else, or will the Jets continue as if nothing had ever happened, just with a new guy paying the bills? Is there even time to set up a new team in a different city before the start of the new season, or is that crazy talk?

Come to think of it, I wonder what all this means for the FFA Cup, and for the W-League.

I literally only just heard about this issue when someone edited the Wikipedia article to state Jets had folded. Given that I was aware of the Dundee United link, however, and the stories from the UK seem to suggest that the DUFC chairman intends to press on with the sale though no-one knows if it will be able to go through or not, could someone fill me in here over what is most likely to happen? Is this honestly just FFA sniffing a few bucks, and they have no intention of reducing the league to 9 teams, or is there a real threat of the league being a team short next season? If the Jets are sold, are they truly likely to be based somewhere else, or will the Jets continue as if nothing had ever happened, just with a new guy paying the bills? Is there even time to set up a new team in a different city before the start of the new season, or is that crazy talk?

Come to think of it, I wonder what all this means for the FFA Cup, and for the W-League.

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2015/05/blog-a-new-dawn-begins-now/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 1

Canberra or Wolllongong pl0x

The Hunter has always been an area for Football since its early mining days and its Ex Pat Miners.

They still got good crowds this year considering they are a Regional Side and a complete basketcase - A new team in Newcastle is a much safer option than Wollongong or Canberra. Some of the highest domestic soccer crowds prior to the A-League where in Newcastle.

If Newcastle cannot sustain a team (Which they will show with the New Franchise that they can) then Canberra and Wollongong def will not be able to do so.

• Like 2

The Hunter has always been an area for Football since its early mining days and its Ex Pat Miners.

They still got good crowds this year considering they are a Regional Side and a complete basketcase - A new team in Newcastle is a much safer option than Wollongong or Canberra. Some of the highest domestic soccer crowds prior to the A-League where in Newcastle.

If Newcastle cannot sustain a team (Which they will show with the New Franchise that they can) then Canberra and Wollongong def will not be able to do so.

*were 

*were 

Seriously you have to be close to the worst poster on these forums... you are droy like in your ability to kill threads.

Edited by cadete