Melbourne Football

Newcastle Jest

KSK_47

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tinkler, in his short time, done more for his club and the community than any other owner in the A-League has, and now due to the FFA's incompetence he has left. But he has still committed $1m per year to grassroots football in Newcastle, showing that he does still care about the community and moving the game forward, he just no longer believes in putting his money into anything to do with FFA due to their incompetence.

Palmer tried to run a financially viable club, something we need if the league is going to survive with combined losses being $27mil a year. Not reigning in costs has been the downfall of many a club, both domestically and internationally. Pretty much all the things he was criticised where done in trying to achieve this. he put millions of his own money into trying to achieve this.

With the current administration at FFA, I dont see the game moving forward or improving or clubs surviving in all honesty. 1 more investor pulling out some time soon and its all over. The house of cards collapses. And I dont know where we go from there. Something needs to change at FFA ASAP.

Spot on.

Tinkler saved Newcastle from oblivion, and turned them from a dying club with little community support to a real pillar of the community. Everyone knows about the Jets, whether or not they care about them. To go from barely anything to having the 2nd biggest membership base and 3rd largest crowd averages in just one season is a real testament to HSG's resolve.

The FFA are a national disgrace, the football cancer has started to rear it's ugly head again in this country, and as a football fan I'm getting fucking sick of the continuous displays of utter incompetence and I don't know how much more shit I can tolerate.

Newcastle won't die.

I really do not understand your point:

Tinkler can easily afford to honour his contract with the FFA and keep the Jets going.

But according to you he should be congratulated for handing the license back and ending the Football Club?

You clearly do not like when ppl post things on here that you deem irrelevant.

Considering he has the ability to keep the Jets going but instead has chosen to kill the club, I think Tinker’s having performed good deeds for the Jets in the past is the most irrelevant fact of all.

''Tinkler, in his short time, done more for his club and the community than any other owner in the A-League has, and now due to the FFA's incompetence he has left.''

He saved the fucking club for a start, if Tinkler wasn't there, Newcastle United Jets FC would've folded two years ago ffs. That is probably the most relevant fact of them all.

How are you still supporting Lowy and his bunch of corporate yes men? A fucking horrendous world cup bid, two failed expansions are just a few from the production line of FFA mother of all fuckups and a lack of transparency has now given born to this new cancer.

If you don't see the bigger picture cadete, then fuck mate, should've gone to specsavers.

:droy::droy::droy::droy::droy:

Past points made about the need for responsible financial management are relevant however. I find it ironic that in the same year that FFA is using a grant from the Federal Government to set up and fund WSW, the ATO is seeking to wind up Newcastle over unpaid tax. And that Newcastle are paying squillions for Emile Heskey but can't pay its tax. Further, that the same week the ATO move comes, the NSW Government tips in $3m on 90 minutes of football frippery that appeals to theatregoers and Euro-snobs and does nothing for Australian football in the longer term whatsoever.

To me, these things are not the responsible use of available funds, wherever those funds come from.

Past points made about the need for responsible financial management are relevant however. I find it ironic that in the same year that FFA is using a grant from the Federal Government to set up and fund WSW, the ATO is seeking to wind up Newcastle over unpaid tax. And that Newcastle are paying squillions for Emile Heskey but can't pay its tax. Further, that the same week the ATO move comes, the NSW Government tips in $3m on 90 minutes of football frippery that appeals to theatregoers and Euro-snobs and does nothing for Australian football in the longer term whatsoever.

To me, these things are not the responsible use of available funds, wherever those funds come from.

Tinkler is simply a Super Cashed Up Bogan who grew out of Home Theatres and Speed Boats and moved into Race Horses, Wayne Bennett’s and Emile Heskey’s. :up:

But at the end of day he is still a CUB who spends more than he has, and does not pay his taxes...

:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Edited by cadete

lolllllll

• 4 months later...

I will hold my tongue, but yes I think the green kit will win for the same reason.

Also, another team doing the fan designed kit thing.

Seriously,

It is like us doing a Yellow and Black Kit because we are Soccer club in a National league like Heildelberg were for many years...

(We both train a couple of blocks away from each other - A Bergers played a lot of featured matches next to AMMI Park)

Edited by cadete

I will hold my tongue, but yes I think the green kit will win for the same reason.

Seriously,

It is like us doing a Yellow and Black Kit because we are Soccer club in a National league like Heildelberg were for many years...

(We both train a couple of blocks away from each other - A Bergers played a lot of featured matches next to AMMI Park)

Newcastle's city colours are Green, brown and white, so its not quite as bad. But yes, the desperation to attach themselves to the KB days is pretty laughable considering  

Seriously,

Newcastle's city colours are Green, brown and white, so its not quite as bad. But yes, the desperation to attach themselves to the KB days is pretty laughable considering  

Yeah, I was referring to the links the Supporters have also try to draw on their Website and in Tifo Displays (One was performed in front of you and I in fact).

I have a same view on the whole "Wanderers" thing that the WSW fans have got going:

Just accept that you a new side.

• Like 1

Seriously,

Yeah, I was referring to the links the Supporters have also try to draw on their Website and in Tifo Displays (One was performed in front of you and I in fact).

I have a same view on the whole "Wanderers" thing that the WSW fans have got going:

Just accept that you a new side.

And that your side was the reason that the licence going back to the KB days was revoked.

• Like 1

Many of the fans see the Red/Blue as the colours of the knights, and it's a pretty common colour combination. As KSK points out, the towns colours are Green, Brown and white, many of the representative teams from Newcastle still use these colours but I don't think the general majority (Outside of the Squadron) would go for the GBW to be honest. 

The colours are unique though, and you don't really see these colours in football, it is original. Even with its KB links, I still think it should be used at least as an alternate/second. But then again its down to a poll, and the sheer ugliness of the strip ISC put out, the white strip will most likely win. 

Jets are an identity crisis and a half. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1508984/jets-new-strip-honours-novocastrian-football-history/?cs=12

As I predicted:

"An overwhelming majority of 76% of the more than 1500 Jets members who voted in the Club’s official poll, opted to acknowledge the Hunter region’s rich football history by voting for the emerald and cinnamon design, the club said in a statement."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Jets a lot more proactive then we were with firing coach. Looks like they are making the same mistake we did appointing the youth coach though (Only caretaker coach)...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/newcastle-jets-parts-ways-with-gary-van-egmond-former-socceroo-clayton-zane-to-replace-him/story-fnk9bq39-1226805278989

Edited by MHFC-FAN

Jets a lot more proactive then we were with firing coach. Looks like they are making the same mistake we did appointing the youth coach though (Only caretaker coach)...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/newcastle-jets-parts-ways-with-gary-van-egmond-former-socceroo-clayton-zane-to-replace-him/story-fnk9bq39-1226805278989

And from Cessnock. :up: