Melbourne Football

ARSENAL FC

Arsenal_Hearted_Boy

Only reason you would be able to buy Llorente is if he leaves on a free - Bilbao don't buy/sell unless they have too look at the Martinez sale, 40m euros.

Chicharito or Abel Hernandez?

Why would Benzema leave Real Madrid for Arsenal...?

Llorente's contract runs out next winter IIRC.

Chicharito for me. would not be a bad squad player for us. obviously no need for him at United.

Benzema was linked last year and you never know with Jose... maybe he might be tempted. ill also add that Wenger and Benzema are both French.

look at the top two.. both from May 2011

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=benzema+arsenal+goal.com&sugexp=chrome,mod=14&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&safe=active&sclient=psy-ab&q=benzema+arsenal++goal.com&oq=benzema+arsenal++goal.com&gs_l=serp.3..33i21.5413.7051.1.7269.9.9.0.0.0.0.530.2574.2-5j1j1j1.8.0.les%3Bcaqth..0.0...1.1.f9kHIrZNUWc&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=bfc1d69311b06b8e&bpcl=35277026&biw=1024&bih=485

i really wouldve liked to see Arsenal chase Reus at the end of last season TBH.

I'd rather see Podolski used as the focal point of the attack rather than bring someone in, Giroud will be handy, particularly bringing the wingers into the game as he has shown already. My biggest issue is Gervinho, too many opportunities and not enough end product would rather see Pod, Giroud & Theo as our front 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Sick of the shithouse players at arsenal that constantly get games, that would struggle to make the starting line ups of the Under 21s at Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester x 2 etc

Well, mainly..Aaron fucking Ramsey. Still don't see the point in why the cunt is alive

Sick of the shithouse players at arsenal that constantly get games, that would struggle to make the starting line ups of the Under 21s at Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester x 2 etc

Well, mainly..Aaron fucking Ramsey. Still don't see the point in why the cunt is alive

but you wouldn't have team then...

• Like 1

a few players need to seriously lift their game or leave, santos, ramsey and gervinho, they can be good but are not consistent at all. we need theo to get back and start playing him more so he can link up with giroud and podolski and even the ox needs to start more games hopefully his injury isnt too bad. our midfield will be good with wilshere arteta and santi and having diaby putting pressure on them, but ramsey doesnt do enough for me. cant wait for szczesny to come back in goals that goal was soft mannone should know better than to parry the ball to the middle of the goal rather than pushing it out for a corner if he cant hang on to it or at least pushing it away from the goal. hopefully we can add to our team in january apparently navas is on our radar but this always happens with us, saying that keep faith in wenger we will hit back midweek at home to schualke and then we have two winnable epl matches. but we need to get our shit together and take some risks in the front third before that match against united away.

also its the best time to get rid of arshavin and chamakh as much as i wanted them to get more chances (chamakh hasnt featured in epl this season) they are puhing 30, i think andre is 31, and we can still get something from a mid table team or a french or russian club to free up our wages.

this isnt the start of a massive drop we always have a couple soft results like this around this time of the season.

Mannone: Not terrible, actually good 3rd keeper for us.

Santos: Waste of time and space.

Ramsey: Like DP said, could become great. but the problem is that hes no where near now.

Gervinho: Needs to spend a month with Henry to work on his finishing. can create, dribble, and has leg speed. i actually really like him as a player. does have obvious flaws though.

Walcott: Much like Gervinho but can finish. consistency is his downfall and is what i like in a striker.

fuck what a second half + extra time! dont want to see a perfomance like that first half again but good signs with chamakh and arshavin getting involved. walcott can be a good striker i reckon he is alot like henry starting out wide and coming in to the middle, he has great finishing ability. giroud scored a good goal but needs more of that in the epl and in europe, and coquelin is getting better each game. jenkinson was good but the rest of the defence plus martinez need to become more stable if they want a similar denfensive line up in the quarter final.

un real game, still can't believe what i just watched, 4-0 at the 45th min, 4-2 89th min, ends 7-5 to the arsenal. what a comeback! disappointed at the defense, should not be conceding 5 but, sensational 2nd half. Theo with a hat-trick as well, get that boy starting up front along with a new contract. Arshavin had a great game too, surprising as I thought he was on loan in Russia! Only the small matter of united this week... too easy Mon' the Arsenal!

• 3 weeks later...

5-2 win over the yids but not the best performance. Half the team switched off after the break and seemed to be in cruise control, letting a team with 10 men create openings continually. Really need to invest in a midfield enforcer in January, Arteta got over-run when Spurs pushed the extra man in the middle. Such a frustrating game to watch despite the scoreline.

Bosnich managed to make an utter knob out of himself at half time saying Adebayor shouldn't have seen red because it was a derby, one of the stupidest arguments I've seen in a long time

I know! Both feet have left the ground, studs showing and no where near the ball. Its a straight red, simple. What a cock.

Edited by KSK_47

Villa fan here. Looking forward to tomorrow morning's match. One of my favourite fixtures in the season since my dad, brother and a whole bunch of mates all follow the gunners. I too was somewhat of a gunner 'follower' before I started following the Premier League seriously back in 08 or so. Hoping for a good match with plenty of goals. Crucial points up for grabs for both teams.

Tough game tonight, a Villa team in need of points and with some attackers who could trouble our brittle defence. Can see it being a score draw as neither defence looks like it could keep out a girls under 12 team for 90 minutes.

We really need some steel in the middle of the park to win the ball, wouldn't mind seeing Arteta given a spell and le Coq playing the anchor role. Arteta has looked pretty spent recently and was struggling in the 2nd half against Spurs. For all the talk of Cavani, Zaha, etc in January I'd rather we sign a genuine ball winner who can win posession and play a simple pass.

2 nil, fuck me what a frustrating game, keep the faith in this team though and let arsene figure this out we dont need to become one of those plastic modern day clubs like chelsea and city and sack a manager when we are in a slump, i believe this starts a huge turn around for us this year, not saying we can at all contend with the top 2 but we can and will get something out of this season, keep the faith gooners.

i always thought it was peirs brosnan who kept tweeting about arsenal, now i look closer i see its this muppet. worst time to sack a manager now, then what does that mean for the club? imagine if the new manager loses his first couple of games people will say sack him aswell? let wenger turn our season around we still are in both cups and second round of ucl, plus only 5 points from top 4 (23 matches left, tell me swansea, hammers, west brom will have the depth to stay above us with their 2-3 point advantage they have over us atm, one week and it can all turn around).. it was an eye opener for the club to make changes on the park, work harder, different formations, player positions etc, not sack the board and manager.