Melbourne Football

ARSENAL FC

Arsenal_Hearted_Boy

Giroud to score tonight vs Saints. slow enough start from the first few games but the win at Anfield was most welcome! looking for more of the same from Podolski.

Get the goals and the confidence flowing witht the CL starting this week.

Main concern is Mertesacker can be a liability, but the Verminator has everything else wrapped up at the back in the absence of Scheza between the sticks. Lovin the Ox atm, running the midfield for Arsenal and England, long my it continue!

Giroud to score tonight vs Saints. slow enough start from the first few games but the win at Anfield was most welcome! looking for more of the same from Podolski.

Get the goals and the confidence flowing witht the CL starting this week.

Main concern is Mertesacker can be a liability, but the Verminator has everything else wrapped up at the back in the absence of Scheza between the sticks. Lovin the Ox atm, running the midfield for Arsenal and England, long my it continue!

Per and Jenkinson have done some suicide passes this season, although Jenkinsons attack is good. I personally want Kolscieny back with Verm, he is a beast and played the last 10 against Liverpool. Santi will be our best player, setting up heaps of goals and taking shots when they are on. POD looks to be finding his spot now, hopefully everyone can pass it to his advantage as many so far havnt found him wither in front or behind it.

yeh we need laurent back in the starting 11, i aslo would like to see the ox play abit more centre i noticed alot of the time against liverpool he moved in towards the middle but like walcott he has pace we can use out wide.

what do you guys think about chamakh and arshavin? do u think they can give anything to the club and give them another chance?

Probably the best balanced Arsenal squad in a while, once Wilshere, Sagna & Rosicky come back we have brilliant depth across the park. Really impressed with Carzola & Podolski, reckon in those two we have definately made up for RVP leaving.

If Gervinho & Giroud can start finding the net on a regular basis we could mount a serious title challenge, just need that spread of goals that Man Utd always seem to have.

• Like 1

yeh we need laurent back in the starting 11, i aslo would like to see the ox play abit more centre i noticed alot of the time against liverpool he moved in towards the middle but like walcott he has pace we can use out wide.

what do you guys think about chamakh and arshavin? do u think they can give anything to the club and give them another chance?

Chamakh sucks balls to be brutally honest.

and surely we shouldve sold Arshavin? Benayoun is/was a much better choice, and i wouldve rather we had bought him outright...

our back four is extremely solid.

midfield is class. works better without Song TBH

attackers are all showing their worth/improving.

and finally...

Song, RVP > Carzorla, Podolski, Giroud

considering it was pretty much break even for the above.

Chamakh sucks balls to be brutally honest.

and surely we shouldve sold Arshavin? Benayoun is/was a much better choice, and i wouldve rather we had bought him outright...

our back four is extremely solid.

midfield is class. works better without Song TBH

attackers are all showing their worth/improving.

and finally...

Song, RVP > Carzorla, Podolski, Giroud

considering it was pretty much break even for the above.

Like what your saying. Arshavin is a hard one, could be great but is no longer a need imo, with Pod, Giroud, Walcott, Chamberlain, Gervinho all being ahead of him. He still shows a bit of class on occasion but just cant get it all together imo.

Gervinho was great last night, Teams hate him and Walcott running at them with the ball...... and he actually finished off his goal well (for a change), the one that wasnt a tap in obviously.

One that you didnt mention was Rosicky, loved him late last year, could be handy as a sub or odd start, also with Wilshire coming back things could get really exciting down at the Emirates this year.

What was with Synezny last night though, had 2 things to do all night and screwed one of them up.

Arshavin should've been sold, the guy is an unbelivable footballer on his day, but unfortunately his day's have been few and far between recently. Just watching him out on the pitch last season he looked dis-interested, we should've taken whatever the Russians would give us.

Wouldn't have minded seeing Chamakh go out on loan to another Premier League club to try and increase his value a bit if he could get regular 1st team football. He looked pretty handy early on then turned to utter shite when he was getting occasional game time.

Like what your saying. Arshavin is a hard one, could be great but is no longer a need imo, with Pod, Giroud, Walcott, Chamberlain, Gervinho all being ahead of him. He still shows a bit of class on occasion but just cant get it all together imo.

Gervinho was great last night, Teams hate him and Walcott running at them with the ball...... and he actually finished off his goal well (for a change), the one that wasnt a tap in obviously.

One that you didnt mention was Rosicky, loved him late last year, could be handy as a sub or odd start, also with Wilshire coming back things could get really exciting down at the Emirates this year.

What was with Synezny last night though, had 2 things to do all night and screwed one of them up.

youre right, Rosicky is very handy. actually loved him in the euros.

and dont forget, Wilshere is out too.

could not be a better time to play City.

finally, been impressed with the Verminator as always, but actually very happy with Mertesacker so far. maybe he just needed to settle in, like Gervinho - and possibly Giroud. also if walcott wants to leave he can GTFO. doesnt add too much, unless hes a sub.

Guessing there will be a few changes for the Montpellier game, Koscielny will hopefully get some game time, Mannone in for Woji and Imagine Theo and Diaby will also come in for Ox and Coq. Reckon we should pick up all 3 points but wouldn't be unhappy with a draw.

Will have to catch it on a stream, SBS are showing Real Madrid v Man City.

love that training top but doesnt seem to be available to buy tho! :(

Huge game this week, and if the past is anything to go by, city will park the bus and try catch us on the counter. Was glad to hear TV come out and say although we won on tuesday they weren't happy with their performance, shows the desire and commitment to shut up all the doubters.

Mannone is in for sheza between the sticks who is injured again. hoping for much of the same from mertasacker and tv at the back, with gibbo and jenkinson getting down the flanks and getting involved in attacks, really think AW needs to get Giroud in there up front, he's not going to score from the bench. needs game time to up his confidence. Tipping lucas to bury one if he gets the slightest chance, guy is on fire atm.

I have no doubt in our talent at Arsenal, we're defiantly a match for city position for position. If our midfield gets on top in this game I'd expect us to win. But not one for being greedy, I'd be equally happy to come away with a point

extremely confident of picking up point(s) at Etihad this week.

2 goals we've conceded in all competitions have been a howler from Szezcny and a shocking penalty call.

can't see city beating us as they will sit back and try and hit us on the counter as Spain82 mentioned.

look for carzola to dominate the game, (the equal buy of the summer with Hazard, and for only half the price.. AW does it again) playing one through for lucas late in the first half.

Arsenal 1-0 City for me.

been very impressed this season so far, haven't looked in danger once and should have put 4-5 behind sunderland but made up for it by beating liverpool when we probably didnt deserve to.

stoke was another "should have won" game and last week was a clinic.

MON you gunners.

extremely confident of picking up point(s) at Etihad this week.

2 goals we've conceded in all competitions have been a howler from Szezcny and a shocking penalty call.

can't see city beating us as they will sit back and try and hit us on the counter as Spain82 mentioned.

look for carzola to dominate the game, (the equal buy of the summer with Hazard, and for only half the price.. AW does it again) playing one through for lucas late in the first half.

Arsenal 1-0 City for me.

been very impressed this season so far, haven't looked in danger once and should have put 4-5 behind sunderland but made up for it by beating liverpool when we probably didnt deserve to.

stoke was another "should have won" game and last week was a clinic.

MON you gunners.

Michu is the buy of the summer for swansea, 2million, bargain for what? 3-4 goals and 2 assists so far?

If City keep a clean sheet they'll destroy you and I'm not saying this in spite. Diaby has been good for you, but you don't have Song & Toure is going to bully your midfield with EASE, you haven't got anyone remotely similar to Song in midfield & I can see City rolling you ONLY IF they defend well, which is a big if.

One thing i love this year is the defensive pressure that we are applying to teams, they have less time imo than ever before, something Swansea were doing in the first few weeks. Podolski, Chamberlain and Santi all pressure opposition midfielders from behind, they are frantic, this is a big difference from before. Not to sound sour but i dont think RVP works both ways like Podolski does right at this moment which helps immensely.

very happy with the result.

We're definitely the better team in the middle of the park, looked shaky a few times at the back but managed to hold out.

Think it was just bosscienly just a bit rusty for his first game back.

shouldn't have conceded, not sure what mannone was thinking when he ran out, very stupid decision, thats something Id expect from alumina.

Walcott should never play again tbh, not sure what the big worry is if he doesn't sign on, waste of space anyway.

AOC > Walcott.

Jenkison continues to improve in every game, and will provide stiff competition for when Sagna is back.

Carzola was again wonderful, a real delight to watch. Arteta was a little off but still played decent. And if gervinho could finish the ball he had the ability to become one of the best players in the league, fantastic 1 on 1, his positioning is perfect, just needs to finish.

All in all a good result and extremely confident of picking up 3 points against the bus next week, who will just try and hit us on the counter.