Melbourne Football

LIVERPOOL F.C

Scouser

Peter Brukner commented: "It has been an honour to work at Liverpool Football Club. I am very proud of what we have achieved over the past two years, as can be seen by the reduced injury rate and improved fitness levels. With a world class staff now in place, I feel I have accomplished what I was asked to do by LFC in 2010 and the Club is in good hands. I wish the Club every success in the future."

Reds record Mersey rap song

Robbie Fowler, Bill Shankly, Rhys Jones, Gary Ablett and the Hillsborough 96 all get namechecked in a new rap song released by LFC and Jamie Broad ahead of Saturday's semi-final. Watch the video now.

new_rap_story_image_1.jpgTwenty eight years ago, Liverpool and Everton met in the League Cup final at Wembley. Supporters from the two best teams in the country had travelled down to the capital together and ended up chanting 'Merseyside, Merseyside' as both sets of players completed a lap of honour.

Five years later and Wembley was again the setting for another final - the Hillsborough final. On that day in 1989, Everton fans stood side by side with their Liverpool counterparts as they remembered the 96 fans who went to a semi-final and never returned.

There's a lot of romanticising about just how friendly the 'friendly' derby actually was - even back then - but one thing's for sure, it was a lot more innocent and good-natured than it has been in recent times. But, as the Hillsborough memorial service proves every year, when Evertonians turn up in their blue shirts to remember the loved ones this city lost 23 years ago this weekend, the mutual respect between the two club's supporters hasn't totally disappeared.

It was certainly there inside Anfield on the night when 'Z-Cars' replaced 'You'll Never Walk Alone' in memory of Rhys Jones and it was there at the funeral for Gary Ablett earlier this year.

On Saturday, just like on every other occasion the two teams have met, there will be families on Merseyside split in terms of who they'll be supporting. Reds and Blues have always co-existed in households across the city and that's very much the case where rapper Jamie Broad lives. A big Blue, Jamie's parents both pledge allegiance to the Red of Liverpool. His nan even had LFC tattooed on her arm.

new_rap_story_image_2.jpg

With the clock ticking down to kick-off of the most important derby for over 20 years, LFC has teamed up with Jamie Broad, one of the most promising young rappers in the city, to record 'Scousers on Wembley Way' - a track that celebrates both clubs and, in doing so, lists some of the things that unite us all, including a quest for Justice for the 96.

Edited by Scouser
  • Like 1

'Scousers on Wembley Way (Knock-A-Door Dash Remix)' by Jamie Broad

I remember back when I was growing up before my rap days

I could hear Goodison from my house on match days

It was so Iconic

So of course I'm a Blue, my first kit had Ferguson number 9 on it

Everton my team - I didn't care for the rest

But then - I'm a Blue but my parents are Reds

We're split across family lines whatever team we choose to be ours

My great Nan had LFC tattooed on her arms

I remember playin in the street as kids we watched

An some wore everton shirts and some wore liverpool tops

Before spitting them hot bars

I only started rapping cos of the Anfield rap and John Barnes

Now you could never change me

Been growin my hair for years now and tryna make it look like Fellaini's

I'm a fan first, just another character

I'm the next Jamie after Redknapp and Carragher

I'm talkin my roots

I remember Liverpool turning up for a final dressed in white suits

I'm talkin the Spice Boys, how could I not?

When McManaman ran the flanks and Fowler was god

I was at David Moyes' first game, it was heaven

Unsworth scored a goal after 27 seconds

And I had a new hero I was aware of that

Cos he's got red hair but like we don't care and that

When Liverpool came around I could hardly wait

Back when I used to look forward to derby days

Now I'm almost too nervous to see it

Cos I still remember McAllisters free-kick

I thought I could never watch the rest

Then Pepe Reina threw the ball at Andy Johnson's head

I almost find derby's too stressful to watch

Hopin the ball don't fall to Gerrard on the edge of the box

I spend the game with my eyes covered by my hands

Hopin that Tim Cahill will be punchin the flag

Cos when the Blues and Reds play

If you lose it's horrible seein your mates the next day

The friendly derby of blue shirts, red shirts and red cards

Whether it's You'll never walk alone or Z-Cars

But when it's one of ours we've always been close

Like when Zcars played at Anfield for Rhys Jones

I'm talking Gary Ablett - mersey pride

At Wembley after Hillsborough, both fans chanting Merseyside

Cos it's right we did

As a city all were askin for is Justice for the 96

So expose the lies and open wide

All the files the government has chose to hide

Cos there were lies about Liver daughters, Liver sons

And that's why we don't ever buy The Sun

Cos we lost some of our own but we survive when we crash

The Liver Bird was phoenix to rise from the ash

So remember the hour

When we stuck a Liver Bird on each of the Wembley towers

It's a Scouse occasion - Merseyside you know this

Both sets of Fans will travel down together on the coaches

The country will notice we'll bring it back

They'll see the greatest footballin city England has

The city of Shankly and Kendall or even just

Dalglish and Moyes, Dixie Dean, Ian Rush

Cos in my Liverpool home, hand on heart

We're only really separated by Stanley Park

So it reminds me

Whether its YNWA or COYB

And the country will remember the days

When the Scousers took over the capital and Wembley Way

Another one bites the dust at Liverpool in the Anfield clearout with Dutch goalkeeper coach John Achterberg joining Damien Comolli and Dr. Peter Brukner on the dismissed list.

Just out of curiosity who is the person/people behind dismissing these guys? Is it at the request of KING Kenny? I wouldn't be too happy if it was him requesting this of the board, his decision making isn't the best...

Edited by Scouser

Just out of curiosity who is the person/people behind dismissing these guys? Is it at the request of KING Kenny? I wouldn't be too happy if it was him requesting this of the board, his decision making isn't the best...

In short it's FSG Fenway sports group & the board Not King Kenny's decision he decides on the team / players

I drank with the true football prophet thing.

Pre-KO, he pridicted - nay, foresaw:

- Everton to score first, in the 1st half,

- LFC to come out firing, while toffees go into their shell.

- Suarez to score between 60-70,

- The winner to be scored on the 84th minute,

- HT score 0-1, FT score 2-1

Disrespectful CUNT$

Love the comment under this vid

-chelsea fans are the only ones who can stay silent for a whole game but when it comes to being silent for 60 seconds in respect to the dead, well then they make more noise than they ever have in the history of they're crummy little football club

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 2

Liverpool's angels :wub:

Liverpool FC - Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Not that it makes it right but none of it would have happened had Liverpool not made the Chelsea game be moved to Sunday 6pm (3 days before their biggest game of the year).

Had this happened to Liverpool, Man U etc. the same thing would of happened and if you think it wouldn't you're severely deluded.

Clueless lot you all are to be honest.

Love the comment under this vid

-chelsea fans are the only ones who can stay silent for a whole game but when it comes to being silent for 60 seconds in respect to the dead, well then they make more noise than they ever have in the history of they're crummy little football club

Rofl at this coming from an Ars*nal fan.

Edited by Footballism
  • Like 1

Clueless lot you all are to be honest.

Wow digging up really old footage from before you where even born, my hero

I think the only clueless one is you ya fuck head all this shit has been going on a lot longer than u have been around & Re Hillsborough you really have no fuckin clue

Ive told you before & i will tell you again this shit is fuckin personal one of my mates brothers is one of the 96 ! RIP JFT 96 YNWA

Wow digging up really old footage from before you where even born, my hero

I think the only clueless one is you ya fuck head all this shit has been going on a lot longer than u have been around & Re Hillsborough you really have no fuckin clue

One of those videos is from before I was born. My point is and always has been that ALL big clubs have a number of disrespectful fans like this. If anyone honestly thinks ALL Chelsea fans are scum because a small section of the crowd were making noise during a minute silence then I really do feel sorry for you.

Ive told you before & i will tell you again this shit is fuckin personal one of my mates brothers is one of the 96 ! RIP JFT 96 YNWA

Unsure if this is directed at me or not, but I don't understand the relevance of this to me. I have not said anything about Hillsborough or the 96, nor will I.

Unsure if this is directed at me or not, but I don't understand the relevance of this to me. I have not said anything about Hillsborough or the 96, nor will I.

You know quite well it was directed at u & dont pull my fucking chain saying you have not mentioned Hillsborough,maybe not in this thread but you mentioned it plenty on FB yesterday,

I agree There will always be dickhead elements with supporters of all clubs I know that, but that is not the point .

I aint gonna continue to respond to you anymore coz you really have no fuckin idea when it comes to this matter it's not about the 96 or 26 or 86 or any supporters it's about 23 yrs of INJUSTICE !

That is all