Melbourne Football

LIVERPOOL F.C

Scouser

Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of Samed Yesil from German club Bayer Leverkusen.

The 18-year-old striker will bolster the club's youth ranks after passing a medical on Thursday.

And he told Liverpoolfc.com: "The first thing is that I have to train and then in one or two years I hope, step by step, to be in the first team.

"It is my dream to play for Liverpool and I will give my all."

Yesil has scored 22 goals in 26 appearances for Germany at U16, U17 and U18 level.

He was second top scorer in last summer's FIFA U17 World Cup after netting six goals in Mexico.

Not very happy about the Hendo for Dempsey swap deal.

Anyone have a figure on the Adam to Stoke deal?

Apparently we have been offered Leandro Damiao for a 3m loan fee and a 13m option to buy. But I'm calling B.S. as Tottenham would have snapped him up already.

17 yr old Raheem Sterling has been called into the senior England squad for Tuesday's World Cup qualifier with Ukraine at Wembley.

If he gets on the pitch he will be Liverpool's youngest ever representative !

Hopefully he don't get injured as what normally seems to happen with England

Thanks to @DanielsNotebook for submitting the videos of the TV documentary that aired on the BBC.

This is how the documentary is described.

“Lucy Hester speaks to police officers, Hillsborough victims’ families and a S*n journalist about claims that South Yorkshire Police covered up the full story of the tragedy.”

It is really important that everyone watches it (even Non Liverpool fans) to understand and realise that it could have been ANYONE.

JUSTICE FOR THE 96. YNWA

Edited by Scouser

Shame on the Pommy establishment that it took so long for some form of official recognition of what a great c*ck up it was - both the event and the appalling "scapegoat" aftermath. Hopefully this will help the healing in Liverpool.

Fortunately Hillsborough at least seems to have marked a turning point in English football, with the establishment of the Premier league and the improvement in stadiums etc. Hopefully nothing even remotely like this will ever happen again.

16-year-old Turkish midfielder Emin Altunay, after excelling in a football related reality show in Turkey, has been handed a contract by the Anfield club.

The show Futbol Prensi on the channel TRT, was organized for youngsters between the age of 14-16 to demonstrate their footballing talents. Altunay played against a selected group of Liverpool youngsters and he impressed everyone, which coaxed a contract out of the 5-time European Champions.