Melbourne Football

LIVERPOOL F.C

Scouser

• 2 weeks later...

Solid reply

Haha. Sorry, I'm very disappointed with the result.

I thought you guys shoulda pulled away at 2-1.

Great spirit by us. And Walker.

We should have...

Lost control of the midfield and hence the game.

Nonetheless think we showed that we're on the up overall.

Likewise for you lot... Rodgers is doing well, but he needs to convert the dominances into results against the smaller clubs with tough defences.

Solid reply

Likewise for you lot... Rodgers is doing well, but he needs to convert the dominances into results against the smaller clubs with tough defences.

This has dramatically improved since the turn of the year though - excellent january signings have helped too.

I think coutinho will be key to our success in the next few years

Solid reply

This has dramatically improved since the turn of the year though - excellent january signings have helped too.

I think coutinho will be key to our success in the next few years

Enjoy the Coutinho deal.

Great player who had it tough ever since moving to Italy.

If he's played properly, he can become a real star.

Coutinho has been superb, front 6 are playing fantastically, with some good depth on the bench.  

Pretty good run home now, no cup games or European games, sky's the limit...

Next 4 games against botom 12 sides, then Chelsea at home in what will could be a '6 pointer', a stuttering Newcastle, a home derby, Fulham away and round it off with a QPR at home...

I can see us taking up to 21 out of the remaining 27 points, beat Chelsea and I think we can take 4th! 'mon!

It's not likely, but its a possibility, and will be until its not mathematically possible.

I think we'll finish 5th, but who knows, definitely not impossible if we keep up recent form.

One game at a time

I still see 6th as the most likely result.

Benitez is rubbish, so Chelsea will be 5th and Arsenal with scrape into 4th.

Confident we can hold 3rd.

Edited by Baresi

You guys should be comfortable in 3rd. Chelsea are a good chance at slipping - they still play both us and tottenham who on current form would beat them. obviously theres more to it than that though..

I don't see arsenal getting there - theyre just not playing that great. that said i dont know their run in, could be really easy

j5i3rq.jpg

Were going down under...

LIVERPOOL FC will make club history by appearing at the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground this summer.

Liverpool will visit Australia for the first time in an official capacity as part of Brendan Rodgers’ pre-season preparations.

While the date and opposition have yet to be confirmed, Liverpool are expected to play in July against local side Melbourne Victory.

The game will take place at the 100,018-capacity MCG, which hosted the 1956 Olympics and the 2006 Commonwealth Games.

It is also the venue for Australia’s traditional Boxing Day cricket Test and has been used by the Australia national football team for a number of matches, including a friendly against Greece in 2006 that drew a crowd of 95,103.

Liverpool have already announced they will appear in Indonesia this summer with the club possessing a huge fanbase in the Far East.

Melbourne Victory hosted an Anfield delegation in January to discuss the plan, and chairman Anthony Di Pietro said at the time: “We have come together and hopefully we can construct a major deal for something very special to take place this year.”

(source Liverpool daily post)

• 3 weeks later...

Who is up for this ???

Liverpool FC will make history this summer by visiting Australia for the first time after the club announced today that it would play in Melbourne as part of a 2013 pre-season tour presented by Standard Chartered.

The Reds will take on A-League side Melbourne Victory on Wednesday, July 24 at the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Tickets go on general sale on Thursday, April 11 at 9am and can be purchased from www.ticketek.com.

• Like 1

Hi Deviate,

Liverpool FC, one of the biggest clubs in the world, will make history in July when they visit Australia for the first time, to take on Melbourne Victory as part of their 2013 preseason tour, presented by Standard Chartered. This special international friendly will take place on Wednesday July 24 at the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground, kick-off 8pm.

As a Football Family member we are giving you the opportunity to be the first to purchase your tickets for this match. The pre-sale period will run from 9am to 2pm tomorrow (Thursday April 11), by using the following promotional code:

PROMOTIONAL CODE: FFALFCMV

How to Purchase

• Online: www.ticketek.com.au/liverpool (online limit of 10 tickets per transaction)
  • In person: At any Ticketek agency – visit www.ticketek.com.au/agency for a list of locations 
  • Ticketek Hotline: Call 132 849 
  • For group bookings of 11 or more, call Ticketek Groups on 1300 364 001

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Thursday April 11 from 3pm onwards.

For more information about the Liverpool FC tour, please stay tuned towww.melbournevictory.com.au.

Please note that this event is managed by Liverpool FC and for all queries related to ticketing, please contact Ticketek.

Ticket Prices

Category Adult Concession/Child Platinum $185.00 (All Tickets) - Gold $150.00 (All Tickets) - Silver $79.00 $59.00 Bronze $60.00 $45.00 Liverpool FC Kop End (Active) $25.00 (All Tickets) -

*Concession includes Pensioner - Aged, TPI (valid ID cards) including seniors cards. Student - Full time secondary and tertiary students (valid ID required). Child - Children 4 - 16 years inclusive (children 3 years and under will be admitted free but no seat provided). National Companion Card Accepted (people with a disability who cannot attend events without a carer – the person with the disability pays for entry but receives a free ticket for their companion). Ticket Prices are inclusive of GST & booking fees. Transaction fees may apply. Transaction Fee of $9.55 is applicable for all group bookings.

Important Notes about Active areas.

Active areas are designed for supporters who are extra passionate and vocal in support of their team. By purchasing in the active areas, you should already be familiar with active support and that standing and prolonged chant participation is mandatory.

ticketeks gonna ticketek.

hoping for a release tomorrow - could only get single seats in southern stand at 9.15am.

Same here - And Gold Class ones as well.

I am waiting for the nose bleeds in the GSS so I can stand behind the active area on L1- And not for 90 Bucks.

Also for all those who brought Active Area seats, be prepared to have some very annoying PPL around you who will refuse to stand up and get involved.

got tickets L3 behind the Kop. 

shall be good, we could do some shifties if needed  :ph34r:

Did this...

($65 is enough for me).

I will be standing where I suspect most PPL will go when they realise than The Kop will consist of Nerds in Shirts sitting down in their asigned seats.

Edited by cadete