Melbourne Football

LIVERPOOL F.C

Scouser

Steven Gerrard has today committed his long-term future to Liverpool by signing an extension to his contract with the Reds.

The news completes a great 24 hours for the Anfield skipper, who signed his new deal at Melwood this afternoon after firing the winner in the first-leg of the Carling Cup semi-final at Manchester City last night.

Well its been an Ok season so far, but its fair to say a bit disappointing - our new signings have taken a while to gel and I would have preferred that we held on to Aquilani. Looks to me that the title is there to be won if a club can string together a run of wins- but we are probably a bit too far off the pace, anyway I guess we'll see.

Am hoping that this suspension to Suarez becomes a really good opportunity for Carroll to get some first team time and build up his confidence with a few goals- I am certainly not writing him off yet that's for sure.

Had to let him go unfortunately. Was amazing when news of his return broke. Who would have thought that on deadline day the player I most wanted (with a realistic chance) would be a past player. Been immense this season, especially the big games, Chel$ki and man shitteh certainly ring a bell