Melbourne Football

Best Football kits of all time?

tomby

my favourite tottenham kit... wanna get my hands on one...

TOTE9597AL1001.jpg

Those Pony Kits that Teddy wore were quality, I remember really liking the Home one as well.

The fact they were Pony really summed up the Financial Belt Tightening ethos of Spurs at the time – lol.

Edited by cadete

I rate Hummel very highly and must admit I was a little jealous when I found out CCM had them as kit manufacturers.

I am sure many will disagree with me, but I love this kit for its quirkiness.

PA-355817.jpg

Oh yes, that's the World Cup 86 (Mexico) kit.

Brings back fantastic memories (our first World Cup, where we went through the group stages undefeated - 1-0 vs Scotland, 6-1 vs Uruguay and 2-0 vs West Germany...before we lost 5-1 to Spain, after we'd been up 1-0 (penalty scored by your ex assistant manager, Jesper Olsen)...the same Jesper Olsen granted Spain the equaliser with a terrible back pass, which went straight to Butragueno - this was in the last minute of the 1st half - disastrous).

They actually had shorts with stripes too (opposite side of the shirt).

Fortunately FIFA didn't approve them, which was a good thing.

The shorts made the entire kit look clowny:

hummel.jpg

Edited by danepak

Wow that is horrible, possibly one of the worst goalkeeper kits to have been posted on here.

Really want too know what position the Metal-head third from the left plays thou...

Hahaha that is hilarious, would love to find out what position he plays.

• 4 weeks later...

Always liked the short lived Lotto Collingwood Warriors kit from when the Bergers merged with Collingwood Magpies to form a club for a season in the NSL that played out of Vic Park.

The next year Bergers left the NSL for good.

Collingwood_warriors.png

Collingwood9697.jpg

I remember I liked this Umbro change kit from the Toffees at the same time.

everton_1996-1997-change.gif

NOTE: Mind was Blown when Ando told me his Old Hockey team used these Collingwood shirts as Away Kits.

Edited by cadete

I have always had contacts with Mazenod College and they have recently started there own Old Boys club, anyway someone let a Mong chose this outfit:

Mazenod_United_Team_Photo_web.jpg

The stupidest thing is that it is not at all similar to the well known amateur AFL club's colours.

I have always had contacts with Mazenod College and they have recently started there own Old Boys club, anyway someone let a Mong chose this outfit:

The stupidest thing is that it is not at all similar to the well known amateur AFL club's colours.

Major LULZ when beating these spastics in a pre-season friendly a few months back.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite most Australian's self righteous dismissal of North American "soccer" as being beneath us, I personally love their quirky and unique take on the game . And with a unique mentality comes unique kits, which they have had plenty of over he years.

Here is a great website devoted to historical NASL kits. Some pearlers in there!

http://www.nasljerseys.com/default.htm

Earthquakes%2077%20Road%20Admiral%20Jersey%20Tony%20Simoes%20(1)_small.JPG

Strikers%2084%20Home%20Jersey%20Ken%20Fogarty_small.JPG

Lancers%2079%20Road%20Jersey%20Damir%20Sutevski_small1.jpg

Lancers%2071%20Road%20Jersey%20Carlos%20Meditieri_small.jpg

Dips%2080%20Road%20Jersey%20Johan%20Cruyff%205_small.jpg

Edited by KSK_47

They better fuckin change the kit before I join them next year, it's also annoying that they couldn't create their own rather than copying a kit and modifying the small details. The inter-school football kits are even better...

Edited by Young Polak