Melbourne Football

Matchday 15: v Newcastle - Saturday 18th January 7.30pm at AAMI Park

Harrison

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Hardly surprising with starting bids of $100 plus. Just shows how out of touch these pricks really are.

Well it’s for a good cause isn’t it? it’s probably more that our players aren’t that famous....for Australia to flock to a Melbourne City auction.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Well it’s for a good cause isn’t it? it’s probably more that our players aren’t that famous....for Australia to flock to a Melbourne City auction.

Probably an unpopular opinion that I have but I'm personally sick of various appeals. Yes, the money goes into much needed relief, but if nothing is really done to mitigate the cause of these emergencies, then we just repeat the pattern again and again, and it's just a bottomless pit into which we pour money. Also I'm very wary of where the donations actually go, how much actually reaches the people in need and how much is squandered in administration.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion that I have but I'm personally sick of various appeals. Yes, the money goes into much needed relief, but if nothing is really done to mitigate the cause of these emergencies, then we just repeat the pattern again and again, and it's just a bottomless pit into which we pour money. Also I'm very wary of where the donations actually go, how much actually reaches the people in need and how much is squandered in administration.

I worked on a few houses after Black Saturday and the amount of money wasted was ridiculous. We did one job where the guy lived in an actual tin shed which burnt down and wasn't insured. He was given $220k and pretty much blew it and now lives in an unfinished concrete garage because he wanted to build a 3 level 5 b.r house for him and his 2 dogs. We then had another job where the house was lost and she wasn't eligible for one cent because she was working interstate at the time so it wasn't her primary residence. It ended up costing her money to repair all the infrastructure that was destroyed when Grollo's came in with their bulldozers and excavators.

59 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I get where you’re coming from. But most of these clubs and (more generally speaking) brands aren’t in the position to effect change at the root cause and most of them just want to help in the limited way they can, so why discourage that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IssySG said:

I get where you’re coming from. But most of these clubs and (more generally speaking) brands aren’t in the position to effect change at the root cause and most of them just want to help in the limited way they can, so why discourage that?

Because everyone "feels good" and in reality fuck all is done in terms of infrastructure and a couple of years latter the cycle starts again. Same with floods, droughts etc.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

And all their wingers. And all their strikers. And most of their midfielders. And most of their defenders. But other than that they're not too bad.

Pains me to think that how shit they've been in the last 5 years, they still made it to the Grand Final.... We've never done that

Great goal from Noone! See what happens if we keep the ball low around the box. How often did Noone go around his defender? Zero, mix it up please - too many cut ins.

We are still rushing it long and high way too often. Play at your strength.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

Thank fuck for Delbridge, otherwise we lose this game. Bouzanis was tidy too all things considered, credit where credit's due.

Wales was absolutely dreadful, it was almost symbolic when he came off for Susaeta because it's going to be him that'll directly replace Wales and actually have an end product from now on you'd hope. 

Overall, we should have done way more against the bottom side at home but a clean sheet is good (defending was honestly great across the park for the first hour but then petered out) but so sloppy in attack.

3 minutes ago, hyperfuzz said:

Best performer on the field was Kate Jacewicz.

Great debut tbh

• Like 2